Pestilence / Questions and Answers - Cutscene Crash to Desktop after 1.4.1

Tbh everyone you can fix this quest one way or another but if you ask me just wait for a patch to fix this. Because after this quest nearly almost all quests have stupid bugs that kills the gameplay. Everytime you end up with choosing a different way to finish a quest or load the game back to fix some issues. They are not crashing but its enough to annoy you as hell…

1 Like

So, I just registered to say that I’m one more guy who has the same problem with the cutscenes.
@wierzba25 ‘fix’ seems to be making the job done but who knows what it can screw later.
@Phenom and @Raizingher are more tricky and it sounds more ‘healthy’ (?) for the future saves but it’s tricky to pull it off in right way.
In conclusion, as Phenom suggested, I will just wait for the patch. hopefully, it will be soon enough so my hype about the game won’t fall down. Warhorse seems to be aware of the bug so I’m pretty optimistic, about this one and future ones.

They released a statement that implies a patch this coming Monday or thereabout. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope they will support this game with patches for the next two years.

I registered an account just so i can thank you. Its stupid but it actually worked. It did confuse me at first when the quest didn’t update. but you have to manually go to Melichar after the 24 hours and talk to him for it to update. It didn’t update after the 24 hour for me, but both quests worked. xoxo <3 etc etc :slight_smile:

Joined the forum to post on this thread. The sassu tavern workaround worked for me, bit different for me tho. I waited for around 2-3 days waiting at the tavern and had no update from the pestilence quest. Went back to the infected village and spoke to the stand in bailiff and it let me complete the quest. Strangest bug I’ve come across. Could of been a game ender waiting for update. Thanks to the info in this forum I got round it. Thanks

Confirmed this worked for me

I created this topic more than a week ago and I’m still waiting for a fix as I don’t want to break the game any further -if that’s even possible- via a fix that is not officially accepted by the developers. I think there will be an update tomorrow, I have 4 broken quests in my journal at the moment together with Pestilence and Qs&As (Gallows Brothers - stuck & Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing : already killed Hare at a previous quest), so hopefully that patch will fix these issues for good.

Yea, I think it’s been about 5 days for me. I’ve been doing some sidequests hoping they’d patch this in a timely manner, but obviously that hasn’t happened. I have a few more sidequests and then I’ll just have nothing to do. If they don’t get a patch out soon, I’ll probably just end up moving on to Final Fantasy 15 and forgetting about this game.

god i hope you are right. i cant advance the game at all

Hey it may not be Ideal - but - and this was mentioned before, there are a few ways around the cut-scenes:

The most important part is that you can not interact with the prisoner.
The second most important part is that you leave town after administering the cure to everyone.

Those are the 2 cutscene triggers.

To avoid both: Cure everyone, wait 1 hour or 2 for the prisoner to wake up, knock him out and take his letter - then Fast Travel away from the area - go far like Ushitz maybe Rattay. Give it 1 or 2 days of in game time. do other stuff.
Go back and get your plague doctor achievement (if you did cure them). no cut-scenes were triggered and you should be OK.
Should, because some people have another crash happening on Radzig’s cut-scene. Either way, with pestilence out of the way you should now find Radzig where the quest marker puts him.

As far as the cut-scenes you are “missing”, the main one is just Staw wanting to kill the prisoner. The other one I have no idea since I always left the area anyway after curing people… Why would anyone wait around, with my luck Henry will catch the pestilence…

I can confirm this. And i already had the same problems in the “The Plague” Quest that goes ahead of this part, when I tried to enter some of the “marked” houses. So WarHorse, please fix this ASAP, as this is a plotstopper!

It’s coming.

Just got an update from a Dev over on Reddit.

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all your patience. Below are the latest patch notes for Steam. Stay medieval!
Rick

Patch 1.4.2 - April 9th

Fixed issues:
• A major bug that crashed the game at various places has been fixed.
• Quests notably affected by this bug include Sport of kings, Pestilence, Questions and Answers.
• Fixed issue with missing Erik in the quest called The Die is Cast. • Other minor bugfixes.

Known issues:
• [Rare] You can lock on a non-existing opponent.
• [Rare] Attacking stops working.
• [Rare] Random character spins while blocking.
• Player with an equipped bow cannot be dismounted.

The 1.4 patch for consoles is still on its way! We wanted the patch to come to console players last week, so we are hoping for the release for the patch to come this week.

is the patch live yet ?

Yeah!! Still crashing after the new patch 1.4.1! :weary:

I‘m still not able to enter straw‘s house!

i meant is 1.4.2 live yet ?

Negative. Soon™

incaa - thanks :slight_smile:

What patch is „on“ at the moment?

Everybody is talking of 1.4.2!! I downloaded an over 5GB Patch today but the game shows me still an installed version of 1.4.1 GV (maybe Gog-version)?

Is this not 1.4.2 at the moment? :thinking::v:t2:

The current version for PC is 1.4.1.

Patch 1.4.2 is not live yet. Warhorse is finishing it up, and plan to release it VERY SOON…maybe in the next hour or so.