0.4 Alpha First impressions

So I really enjoyed the new alpha.
This video is my live first impressions of it
and I’ll be playing everything else in the alpha tonight as I stream it tonight on twitch :smile:

2 Likes

I have noticed a few minor bugs with the ai models and speech "bubbles"
what about you guys? any problems

Just finished spending quite a few hours in it so I though I could share some fresh impressions too… just some unorganised line of though… I spend a lot of time just riding the horse around first, got wowed yet again by visuals. I though for a moment that some ‘mainstream people’ could find it a bit empty and somewhat monotone environment. but for a first time in this build I was able to feel how great this can play when all bits come together. OK, I was impressed, lets try to think of what could be improved. Less frequently, but I still could find some same old smaller bugs. I want to stress things like pointing/aimming at herbs to pick them feels pretty clumsy. I think I am not the only one who things that HUD should be contextual (be shown only when needed)… I still could not talk to people few times, and some voice acting got lost… I rewitnesses some shader/lighting(?) issues: saw sazava monastery glowing red unnaturaly in the middle of the night (miracle or bug?), weird hair and skin colours was noticed again in this build once. Otherwise the game was actually fairly stable, I got stuck in the wall again too, cound not move. I managed to avoid starting a new game by quiting to windows, after selecting continue my char got spawned outside the wall so I though I did not loose progress. Except the game crashed very shortly after this load (the only crashed I got). Did someone check if console commands still works? there might be some new ones accessible too? I could not tell the difference between motion blur on Camera or Object. Sound when walking in the water dissapeard? When the horse is running out of stamina did I hear Henry breathing instead? Horse gives me some damage When I run into it (Warhorses confirmed?). When I parked my horse on stone (non flat surface, he stood weirdly inclined, could not bent his legs), I hope the horse will do his stuff when parked in final game. There was a ladder at the burned place. It was unlikely inteded for climbig, yet I was able to climb it and it felt pretty broken. Skip time takes longer(I know, all that new AI to calculate…) so thats all bugs/sugestions I could see…too much good stuff to mention, Of course, You impresed again. I am out for more combat now. Thanks WH

1 Like

Mainly pissing off that drinking guy in the village… he never gives up chasing me. I swear if he did not get stuck behind a fence somewhere he would be chasing me to the end of the game.

I’m super impressed by the sword combat that they added. A few things I noticed were that sometimes when galloping on your horse, it’s a little glitchy. I also love the new map icons. I have had a few problems with crashing that have been a little annoying, but I guess it’s to be expected in early Alpha.

I’m really glad that they now have facial animations when talking, but I look forward to actual facial expressions. Also, the conversation camera seems to be messed up sometimes, having neither person actually in the shot.

I really liked the music, but I’m not really sure what triggers it. One song begins when I enter the soldier encampment. Otherwise, I’m not sure how they determine when music starts.

Also, I’m hoping to see a healer of some kind in later versions that explains how to treat your wounds and such, since I apparently can’t figure it out. I’ve figured out how to stop bleeding, but I can’t seem to get my lost health back after fighting the drunk guy.

All in all, I’m super happy with the 0.4 version, and very impressed with Warhorse. I already love this game and have great expectations for the future.

1 Like

lol That right there is a game inside a game. i’m pretty sure thats one of many get rich quick models for mobile developers.

1 Like