0.4 UPDATE INFO - New locations, Combat, Horse riding and stealth (and a giveaway of the game)

It really isnt that big a deal, its an alpha. Its only suppose to show us the mechanics that we have supported and see the development on a smaller scale.

I would say it be better to keep the big stuff out the alpha and the beta- with maybe only hints/teases of it because we want to experience it first when everything is done, right?

1 Like

By the way,ā€¦modā€¦ :smile:

Have I missed something?

Congratulations!

1 Like

Just jumping back to topic; according to the latest Kickstarter update #37 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/1237584 the 0.4 Alpha June release will include the following:

1. Combat: 1-on-1 combat with Long sword, featuring parrying, ripostes and combos
  2. New location: introducing a new village and surrounding countryside
  3. Travel: horse riding is now available
  4. Quests: new quests featuring alchemy, lock picking or grave digging
  5. Localization: in addition to English voice-overs you can now choose German or French subtitles

So no mention of any stealth mechanic. And speaks about the new location as being a village by the name of Merhojed.

Thought Iā€™d post this info here for those that missed it :smile:

1 Like

grave digging sounds like the kind of thing that requires a bit of sneaking around

It sure does.

But Iā€™m guessing that with their use of ā€œorā€ that they havenā€™t yet made a decision on which quest theyā€™ll offer in the new release. One could assume that if they did go with the grave digging quest, then we may very well get a look at the stealth mechanic after all :wink:

1 Like

lockpicking is already in the alpha, so theyā€™re not offering an option.

You clearly misunderstood my meaning.

The information states that there will be new quests, however the caveat around that being the use of the grammatical conjunction ā€œorā€

I interpret that as the devs are non-committal around what the new quest or quests will entail. And whether or not the 0.4 update will include specifically a grave digging quest. I could be wrong, and maybe there will be new lock picking and alchemy quests, in addition to a new separate quest entailing grave digging. Hell, it could even mean that there will be one quest that involves all of the above. Who knows?!.. Tobi knows!

On a side note; Iā€™m fully aware of the current features and mechanics available in the tech alpha.

I guess the ā€œorā€ should be an ā€œandā€. Iā€™ve heard about the digging feature. It was ready to be implemented so they just added it to the next Alpha. The only thing they were discussing, was a (part of a) quest to use the feature.

3 Likes

I think it also have something to do with usage of ā€œorā€ (specifically the ā€œneboā€ equivalent) in Czech it can sometimes mean and.

1 Like

Language barriers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha

Grave digging isnā€™t grave robbing.

they probably are thinking of just grave robbing lol

anyway ive got this information from the 0.3s patch notes and also Tobi himself.
they might have cut out the stealth for this one but they originally intended on putting it in 0.4

that may not be the case now considering us not hearing much of it.

So theyā€™re being sneaky ā€¦about being sneaky ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

exactly what I think :stuck_out_tongue:

If we have the first time fights (till death), we will have corpses. They donĀ“t disapear!ā€“>realistic

Grave digging will solve the problem. :flushed:

4 Likes

Well, during a civil war I wouldnā€™t be surprised if more corpses were taken care of by dogs and ravens rather than by grave diggers.

Fuck I hope there will be ravens. @hellboy wants dark woods, no woods are dark enough without ravens eating flesh off a corpse.

i think it would be pretty cool if an area undergone an minute epidemic of sorts or just a disease/plague outbreak if there were too many dead bodies left out. It would be difficult for WH to do but i think it would be cool to see these sorts of variable events dotted around the world after some battles.

Hopefully you, some other youtubers and WarHorse should get some increased traffic.

Got bored and decided to add all your videos and your KC:D Game talk playlist to stumbleupon.

Thanks man. you missed one video the E3 video that came out yesterday but i dont mind, iā€™m just happy for the support. hopefully the snowball effect will occur, if i get more views more people will know about the game and its details, and be more interested :smile:
cheers!!

Its in there just not all the links update immediately.

There is a half dozen from other tubers that arenā€™t showing in that list.

I want an avalanche. I figure E3 will do a huge amount of the work, the key is to get as many people to be aware before E3.