►Alpha 0.5 Bug List

Hi !!
Yesterday I played the Alpha and the game had two bugs.
The first one occured when I was trying to speak with an NPC in the camp. It was a soldier stuck in a horse located in the fence (I know, bad idea to speak with him), near the carriage “watched” by Lesek. It always take one second to load the dialogue screen but this time, the game froze during this lap of second and I could only see a black screen and my HUD.
The second bug occured during the sword-fight training with the master. After the parrying phase, it is your turn to do it and the characters are replaced at their starting position. Once I was set in front of the master waiting for him to attack and then parry, I couldn’t move anymore, neither my vision nor my feet…
Twice I had to close the game with the Ctrl+Alt+Del command, (end task, I think it’s called in english)…

Hope the team enjoys the ending year and keep the nice work :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m not sure this answers your question as I fail to comprehend the message in its entirety, but the bug reported by Proky is now fixed in the build we are currently using ;).

4 Likes

I continued to play a little bit and some more issues occured… (appart from the ones above… which I edited a bit btw.)

1. the “lost sword” quest doesn’t work. I can only see some codes (probably file names These “links” are referring to). Also the conversations in this quest didn’t work. As “subtitles” I could see only the mentioned “file names” and the audio didn’t work at all.

2. Gear just seems to appear randomly, after I fought in the arena. I do own a full armour by now (I only wanted to borrow it… but who cares, if you get an armour as a present…). Or is this meant to be?!?

3. Once you close a chest and come back later in the game, it is filled again with the same stuff, as before…

4. I asked Lesek about three times now, to organise some armour for me and he says to come back the next evening… and on the next evening… well, you know… I have to ask again.

5. The skill ‘Agility’ doesn’t seem to do much. Whatever I do, nothing changes. Same with ‘Fencing’ (even though I did a lot of sword fighting…). Therefore ‘Stealth’ is getting better during normal sword fighting?!? Don’t know, if all this is on purpose or indeed a bug…

6. Since this is the Tech Alpha and ‘crime’ was introduced in 0.5… My understanding is, that this blue shield on the compass means, that you comitted a crime previously and have been seen or so… well, this blue shield seems to appear and disappear at will. After starting the game, it might not be there and suddenly appears after you slepped. It also disappeared after I paid a fee once. After a while it reappeared, but seems to have no effect at all (nobody tries to stop me or so…)

Hope this helps. If you need more info on any of this, please feel free to ask, I will try to supply you with the information. And maybe even screens…

I also have some ideas, wich might be interesting. Where can I post those??? (I posted some in the german subforum now)

1 Like

The game crash often (5-10 minutes) when downloading Something (like a conversation, after 2 hours sleeping , anything).
The Fps are about 15/22 i have a good PC i make all in medium with

DxDiag.txt (82.9 KB)

Sorry for that Offtopic, but i love such handcrafted Maps… will they be ingame?

Lost sword quest is buggy.
Voice sounds are not avaliable and description in “quest” tab in inventory is also broken.
But subtitles worked always for me and I was even able to finish the quest.
Id recommend to try it again, if you didnt already. Otherwise some screenshots would be great.

That is intentional.
By defeating Beginner you recieve helmet and breaches.
By defeating Intermediate you recieve other pieces of armor.
By defeating the hard one you recieve a sword.

You cen truly meet Lešek in the evening, but only in Samopesh tavern. (Tavern where Marianna serves).

Stats and their leveling is not a complete feature.
Only really useful stat to level is “speech”, which will unlock more conversation options.

As for your ideas. You can find some topics like this one : WISHLIST! What do you guys want from this game?!

Or probably better option would be to create a new topic. But I would recommend to first check whether someone else had not the same idea.
(use searching tool in the top right corner represented by magnifying glass)

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but anyway, I have made the antidote for the wounded soldiers, but no matter where I go, I cannot find the herb woman to give them to. I’ve tried her little camp, the area where the soldiers are, and the village. Also, even though I am tracking the quests, there is no icon in my compass!

@Internomad
You can find the herb woman in this places. But it could happen, that she gets lost (load/save bug). I´m afraid, if their is no marker on the map, you can´t finish the quest…

@LightningYu[quote=“LightningYu, post:249, topic:24714”]
i love such handcrafted Maps… will they be ingame?
[/quote]

Yes they are in the game!

That is exactly where I did contact him several times. After five (or more) tries, I even don’t get the option to ask him for the gauntlets anymore… I can only trade torches, arrows and bandages with him (or follow him again to his little money hide out). I also tried to roll up the whole thing again by first talking to Spyzek von Karolinental about the thieving, then go to Lesek at his waggon, where he always tells me to contact him in Samopesh and then going to meet him at the tavern in Samopesh again… same result. I can’t finish that quest.

in 0.5 build, there was some innovation to this quest.

You meet him in tavern and ask him for gauntlets, and he tells you that he will bring them, if i am not mistaken.
So he should have them next time.
I am not really sure, i have not tested that.

That is exactly how it obviously is supposed to be… Problem is, that he doesn’t have the gauntlets the next time and you start again as if you had never asked him before… maybe it is only in my build :wink:

No I think same thing happend to me.
But as I said I had not properly tested it, have a feeling that you have to do something more, but I might be wrong.

Yes, but you need in Alpha 0.5 high Speech (18 or more) to get the talking option for the gauntlets. And if you save between talking, you loose the quest progess, and you can´t talk for the gauntlets any more(bug)…

1 Like

Thank you for marking the map for me, I will try again to find her.

I think i had enough of speech atribute.
So did you completed that quest?

Yes, of course! :wink:
2 or maybe 6 times, don´t know…, it get´s all a little bit fuzzy

1 Like

I got to this part too, I mean did you actually recieve the gauntlets?

That explains it… so it is a bug after all. Thank you for answering. I have to start again then… :slight_smile:

The way it used to go was, that you ask him about the gauntlets and then the next day he should have them in his inventory/shop so you can actually buy them. He also unfortunately retains the “meet me here next day” dialogue option which he certainly should not, as he already has the gloves for you :wink:.

If he’d only have the gauntlets to sell, I would smash his face with them.

And killed him ins single combat later, of course.
Thanks for the info.