Alpha bug - Couldn't allocate specular probe texture atlas

I just downloaded the alpha version of the game and I have a crash.

The game window appear, Steam tells me (in the lower right corner) that I can access the steam comunity with Shift+Tab, bla bla.
Then an error message appears :
" Couldn’t allocate specular probe texture atlas"
Then it crashes.

I hope the problem doen’t come from my computer.

Anyway, keep up the good work, get some rest, you’ve earned it.

Bye

Try to update your drivers?

I just updated my drivers. Verified the files on Steam. Reboot a couple of times, and it doesn’t work :frowning:

But thanks for the tip, even if that was not the problem.

I have exactly same error, any solution yet ?

Maybe try disabling the Steam overlay?

This is how:

1. Click on Steam and click on the “Settings” button. Click on the “In-Game Settings” tab.

2. Uncheck the box next to “Enable Steam Community In-Game” and click OK.

3. Disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right-clicking on the game title, click on “Properties” and uncheck “Enable Steam Community In-Game” in the “General” tab.

hi i found on google its DX11 problem.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/141860/do-you-get-cryengine-error-couldn-t-allocate-specular-probe-texture-atlas-it-s-dx11

That’s it. Im done. I have notebook/GeForce 9800M GS/Core2 Quad that was until now able to play almost anything even Dark Souls II is outdated because of DX11 requirements. Nice.

i have the same problem :stuck_out_tongue: but cheaper…

So there is even no way around running without dx11 or?

My friend tried to run Watch dogs with noncompatible DX11 video card and he did it, but it had 0,5 fps. So i dont think we, non DX11, can run it. :frowning: I hope someone show me i am wrong.

I have same error. I have the graphic card “Geforce gtx 260”. Any solution?

You need a compatible card.

For owners of DX10 compatible video card follow instuctions http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1973140/run-dx11-game-dx10-graphics-card.html
You will run it but really not playable

Hm i have luck my 760 GTX has DX11 but the old 9600GT on my workstationpc at work not,wanted to test in middaylunch but didnt run so 2 hours and ill have my first experience :smiley:

Understatement… It would also nullify any value in submitting bug reports and defeat the object of the Alpha test?

i get an cryengine error, iwanted to send a picture but ican’t size it down sorry it said it couldn’t find any profile of ‘Kenshin’ (thats me ofcourse) and i have to go to task manager and shut it down from there. just wanted to report it … is there an email adres where i can send this to a bit more personally :wink: thank you kind regards

Can’t start the Game with the same Error. My old graphicscard can’t play it ( Nvidea GeForce GT 330M) :frowning:
Will it be supported to older Graphicscards by time?

I would definitely NOT count on it.

lol, time for ppl to cash up, x) a new graphicscard isn’t that expensive… The game runs okey in high but good in medium with two GTX 680 SLI … GT cards will burn.