Alpha crashes/bugs

System i am running on…

i7 4770k
maximus formula vi
gigabyte windforce gtx 780 ti
16 gb ram

the crash…

set game settings to full screen, 2560 x 1440, started a new game and spawned. Thought “ooo, the graphics are good”, turned to my left and the game crashed. I was using mouse/keyboard at default settings to control.

forgot to mention my graphics driver is version 344.11 and windows 8.1

booted up a second time (same graphical settings) and ran into town, no other bugs or crashes so far.

Hi,
I have simmilar HW, I had the same problem with 1080p resolution.
Try to decrease level detail to High, play for a while a then increase it back to the Very High.

Happened the same to me. And I think this is something about Cry Engine, because it’s like the problems I had experienced in Ryse: Son of Rome. Also having music glitches and game freezes that resolves after a while on Very High, but almost constantly.

On high the game runs much better, good fps and less freezing. Exaclty the same like Ryse. And the diference between High and Very High it’s pretty small. Looks gorgeous on both configurations.

as said in another thread, the game crashes after several minutes, no matter if I stand around or walk and interact

“DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” says cry engine, nvidia says driver isn’t working any more

my system is

cpu i7 47xx
gpu gtx 680 (driver 344, updated yesterday)
ram 6 gig ddr3
os win 7 sp1 (64 bit)
dx 11 (latest version says microsoft hp)
resolution 1920x1200

tried on high and very high settings, no difference
updated gpu driver, no difference
dx is up to date

1 Like

Did you overclocked your CG ?
Try clean driver install

gpu is oc by factory, but temperature is normal (around 80°c)
cpu is not oc
gpu drivers were installed new, so all old versions were deinstalled before

DXGI error window doesn’t appear any more, now it just says game isn’t working any more…

Similar issue.

Started the game up in 1280x720p windowed. Changed it to fullscreen, 1920x1080p, and set quality to very high. Took a while but it eventually made the changes. I ran a few steps, looked around - it was struggling to turn the camera and blurring the graphics but otherwise fine - then my monitor went dead and reported that there was no video input so it was going into sleep mode, and my speakers started humming like a robotic cricket. :smiley:

DXDiag - http://pastebin.com/uuynM6AV

WelshPixie your problem is CG relative. Too high temperature and it went down …
What’s your HW ?

When I said “Clean install” it means cleaning all CG driver installation. Sometimes old version are not clean uninstalled …
Try looking for soft to do it for you

Update youre CG Drivers to 344. You have 340 installed right now

i underclocked the gpu a little and the game ran stable, so that seemed to be the problem

Hallo bei mir geht es genau so. Es kommt nicht mahl zu starten:(

On it - it’s been downloading a while, hehe.

Edit: I’ve been monitoring my CPU and GPU temps too and neither have gone above 55 while playing.

My specs.

Windows 8.1
Cpu: AMD FX8320
Ram: 8 gb corsair vengeance ddr3
gpu: R9 270x Zotan Toxic 2 gb ddr5
dx11

Setted the game on 1920x180, very high details. The fps where between 35 and 45. No crash. Good :sunny:

Same crash as the OP …set the graphics to very high , res 1920X1080 …started game looked left…aaaaannnnnd it crashed…:slight_smile:

crash on start - i uninstall “air display” program, restart system and thats all, game start OK

Update your nvidia drivers to newest version 344.48.

I’m running it at 1440p too. Got crash first time (same thing, turned to left and it crashed) but other times it worked just fine.

Confirming that updating the drivers to 344 fixed it. Now I can run at 1620p no problem \o/

Great ! :wink:
Blablaba and bla for the 20 characters count :wink: