Alpha demo vs. Old presentation demo

I was just watching the old presentation demo video (the video that was streamed live about a year ago) and some parts of that demo seem to work better than the existing alpha demo. Were many of those things just placeholders to give big company an idea of how this game would work? Is the current alpha demo actually an old stable build for us to test new features?

The current alpha is definitely not the most updated version. I would imagine that the internal work in progress versions are probably much more experimental/unstable. To me it seems that the public versions are some sort of “milestone” releases for Warhorse. However I wonder how long does it take for completed features to make it to the public version?

At first I thought you were comparing the current alpha to this old preview video which I saw back in 2012 - the game is definitely better than that now. :smile:

No I was referring to the presentation demo they used to try and get funding. This video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84AiE46erkk. It seems like they are taking Star Citizen’s tactics and leaving experimental versions to QA and giving us chunks of stable features. I’m just wondering how much of the gameplay in that video is placeholder compared to what we have in the alpha. I guess deep inside I’m a stubborn impatient little boy and I want to know how progress is going. Haha! What I truly need to do is stop obsessing for another 9-12 months and come back when the game is near complete. I’m on this forum several times a day. :confused:

2 Likes

It was just a vertical slice or prototype. Kinda faked game to show vision and skills to publishers. With alfa it is Star Citizen approach like you say. They are letting us to test specific features when they are more or less finished. What exactly look better on presentation than alpha I am curious?

1 Like

Just little things here and there. I guess those things were scripted/placeholders. Alpha is still WIP. I recently read some of Dan’s articles he wrote about gameplay (specifically the “100 things he doesn’t like about Skyrim”), and this makes me even more confident that Dan wont allow this game to be released without it being top notch quality.

Greetings! :smile:

I will try to answer your questions:

The Demo you saw was a vertical slice through the game just for demo purposes. In fact there was nothing “really” working. It just looked good. It should just show our idea of a new medieval game we want to develop. You would have less fun with it, than with our Tech Alphas!

The Tech Alphas are demonstrations of what we are currently working on (of course just parts of the Dev Team) and what is more or less working! :slight_smile: . All features have to be created step by step and the better ones which are “showable” are presented in the Tech Alpha. So basically the latest Tech Alpha is always the latest finished feature (we normally just add 1,2 or 3).

And from the beginning we said, that this is our interpretation of an Alpha. It’s not a more or less finished version of the game but an insight view into development. :slight_smile: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/game/technology-alpha

BUT. What you see in the Alpha probably won’t appear in the game (like that)! It’s just a showcase. So no spoiling :slight_smile:

4 Likes