Archery tournament and combat

i am having some troubles with the archery tournament/competition when one of the competitors doesn’t want to shoot, sometime i reload a save and it works perfectly. The other problem is with the combat system, sometimes i find some bandits or cumans that they lie in the ground and they dont even noticed me and i can simplely kill them.

ps: is it me or the loading time for quick travel takes less time than the loading for conversations with npcs?
ps2: sorry for broken english

3 Likes

Same problem in xboxone with the bow in the training camp

Same on ps4, just skip forward 2 hours and the contest will be over and if you’ve won you’ll have your money

Known Bugs And Reporting new ones1

I have this same bug in the army camp (of henry’s liege lord), every couple tournaments someone won’t shoot. Also have another bug that happens near the same frequency, your first shot near the bullseye won’t score and the camp will become alert accusing you off shooting someone. Happened twice in my 10 or so tourniments (of course I reloaded several times due to the player not shooting or the camp wanting to kill me.

I reported to the support email

Same problem. PC version. One of the contestants does not shoot. very annoying. tried a few times . beginner and advanced level. this was not as part of the lady talmburg quest. It was more just for the practice. cause i am terrible at archery :slight_smile: EDIT : it was in rattay

The archery contest in Uzhitz also has the problem with other contestants not shooting. I haven’t tried the advance time a few hours trick yet - what a way to waste a day…

Just 1 hour should work.

1 Like

Yes as @Mw2ruinslives stated just use the wait feature and collect your gold. This is confirmed on xbox one.

I have a bug where I can do archery contest or train in archery … on my archery character…

I checked my bow level and what’s needed for the next level, then did an archery contest that I won without needing to resort to the 2 hour timer. No difference in bow level after the contest.
In the Beta one could use the contests to quickly level up bow skill. It seems that in the released version the archer contests do nothing other than let you earn a small amount of groshen.
I won the Chumps contest twice at the lowest level just now, but don’t know if that had any effect on my bow skill - forgot to check the bow skill level before starting…

I play on PC and I like to pass time losing archery contests and the same has happened to me a number of times, one of the other contestants decides not to want to shoot (often the butcher).
When it does happen I just finish shooting my arrows and then I walk away from the shooting area, just a few steps, and I get told off and disqualified. If you don’t mind loosing the contest entry fee (I don’t) it is probably the quickest way to deal with this bug.

I tried playing chumps again last night. I checked my bow level before starting. I won, and checked my bow level again - it had definitely gone up. Playing Chumps at max bet level (50 groshen) gets a LOT of bow points when you win. Over an hour or so (easy to lose track of the time) I gained 4 bow levels. Now Henry is a freaking Robin Hood with a bow and can often 1 shot bandits. Not to mention the $$$ you earn by winning.