Beta Performance Thread

When you are checking your CPU usage are you looking at “Overall Utilization” (A single graph) or “Logical Processors” (8 graphs).

I keep getting an error when updating the game thru the Launcher at 60% Unknown bundle setup error. Could it be on my end?

i7 4790K
Titan X
DDR3 2400 16gb
Samsung 850 ssd with plenty of space(dedicated gaming drive)
Windows 10

cab5.cab isn’t available to download at the moment. A general error judging by reports so far.

Worst performing version of the game so far for me.

Specs:

MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMIN at 1454MHZ
i7 3770K at 4.5GHZ
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64 Bit
Latest Nvidia Driver
Game installed on SSD

I get 23%-50% GPU Usage, that is pathetic.

Stutter,stutter,stutter,stutter
30 fps, 40 fps, 28 fps, 35 fps

It is simply unplayable right now which is a shame as I am a strong supporter of this game and would really like to play the beta. I cannot imagine how frustrating the sword fights are with this performance

1 Like

GPU utilisation is low because of AI threading (CPU bound).

Swordfights are fine on i5 2400 and GTX970 with very high visuals.

My rig:
Core i5 4670K (reference clocks)
16GB RAM @ 1600 L9
GTX 770 (again, reference clocks)
installed on Samsung EVO 840
running on full HD resolution

After yesterday’s update:
So today I’ve started new game, so I went through initial sequence I gave working name "Talking of Reeky"
Before update I had like 20fps anytime on every setting (difference let’s one or two fps, but I didn’t test it much, as I was VERY interested in first HEMA combat in game every :slight_smile: )
Today I have like 25 fps on medium in that sequence when main character Henry is out of camera. But once Henry sneaks into camera, fps goes down to 15-18.
On high settings fps sticks around 22-24. When camera looks on Henry, fps goes down to 15 again (lowest spotted was 14).
Right outside Talmberg castle I’m on 40fps on medium. On high fps is 35-40 stable. STRANGELY when I look at my horse (my horse is amaaazing… :smiley: ) fps goes down to 23, after loading of horse is finished it stays between 26-30. Sorry but right now Šemík stays out of my focus :slight_smile:
After setting very high game crashed.

I must say that Henry’s animation is really awesome. The way he moves, he talks, his “body speech” (dunno real eng word for this) is awesome. Maybe that can be reason of low fps when watching him? While the guy he’s talking to (my work name “Boss”) is big. But he has eyes of 3 months old infant… O.o
Edit:
funny, outside “Talking of Reeky” when camery aims for Henry, FPS is at 30 and stable…
Edit1:
when I look at my horse (give him the lick) fps drop is limited only to neck and head. When I collide with him, my stamina gets lower by approx 20% every time I collide him, so it can get down to 0%.

So far I’m pretty curious about performance when XMP is turned on.

So nice work, thx for update!

Im looking at both

I have an:

i5 4690k
16gb RAM
GTX 970

and getting 25 FPS on low, med, high, and very high graphic settings. I know it’s an optimization problem, I just wanted to contribute my specs in the mix.

Agreed! Unplayable and bad… performance wise at least

Encountered crash while loading game progress. This happens even if I just select “Continue”, and the program hasn’t recovered itself ever since. So I’ve got blocked away from gameplay completely. Cheers

Try to start a new game. Maybe the save is corrupt.

had this too last week, its a corrupted save

If you are having framerate problems, I have found the only 2 settings which seem to really affect it are; Shading Quality and Shadows.

I have both of these set on Low and all other settings on Very high @ 2560 x 1440

currently getting between 35 fps and 47 fps depending on location.

May be worth adjusting these if your framerates are particularly slow.

Edit. Did state 62 fps but have been unable to replicate this

2 Likes

What hardware?

And where are you seeing 62+ fps?

I5 4690k
16Gb 1866
ssd
Gtx 980
2560x1440

I have just been trying to replicate those figures with no luck. My norm seems to be 32fps in highly populated areas and 45 in lower areas.
I was also playing around with resolutions so it may have been that, I was near the northern boundaries of the map. I’ll keep playing around to see if I can replicate it.

Edit, cannot replicate, best I can get is just under 50, will edit original post

The thing is it doesnt stress neither the CPU, nor the GPU atleast for many people(including me). GPU and CPU utilization is very low and the Framerate goes between 25-35FPS with lots of lag and slow texture loading on ANY setting with ANY resolution. GTX 970 and i5 4670 here.

I also get constant crashes for some reason, ever since the expanded alpha

how do you think the game will run

intel xeon e3 1276
GTX 750 TI 2gb
8gb ram

My settings:
I7-2600K
12Gb ram
gtx 980

I chose high settings in general graphics. i get 33 fps at menu.
then in advanced graphics, i put shadows to low, and bloom to off. i get 36 fps at menu.
nothing else increases fps for me.

It loads up a single core. The overall usage will show as low, but as soon as that 1 core hits around 90+% you have hit a bottle neck.