Bigger religious & foreign presence?

The gameplay that I’ve seen doesn’t feature much religious paraphernalia or foreign subjects. Although I don’t adhere to any particular faith, I can’t help but feel like the game should contain a big dose of religious symbols/events. I can only imagine how influential religion was during the Middle Ages.

As for foreign subjects, I keep thinking of the Ottoman Turks, especially since they were considered “the menace of Europe” for at least three centuries. I know this game takes place in 1403, so that’s still a few decades before the fall of Constantinople, but the inclusion of Turks (and other foreigners) would give the game more “color.”

1 Like

The gameplay contains lot of religious places even in the small alpha area, it may just not be something you are used so you probably don’t notice.
First there is the big Sazava monastery which will be probably the dominant of whole game area.
Than there is at least one other church confirmed, and I suspect there will be few more.
Other thing are the columns on crossroads and next to roads these are the “Calvary memorials” these are small way shrines that are common in central Europe.
The NPCs are praying before they go to sleep.

Regarding the Ottoman Turks, there is not much reason for them to be in the game area. The Cumans (though christian) are probably related (at least by language) to Turks, so there is some diversity confirmed. But please be aware that forcing non historical diversity to the game can be quite jarring to people familiar with the places.

5 Likes

http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/2X/1/179da51e82617ff56bc5116e9c6a9f926fad3a60.jpg

http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/11316/9709d5b3f476fb7a.jpg

Also before they fight.

6 Likes

Why is there a need for their to be color in this game? Why do people want to force diversity into everything.

There were no turks, blacks, Asians or any other non whites in the area at the time.

1 Like

Let’s ignore the fact that it doesn’t make any sense historicaly to add Turks and that it’s stupid to add people just for the sake of “diversity”, how exactly would adding Turks give the game more “color”? Have you ever actually seen a Turk? Maybe you should learn what you are talking about before you start your fight for “people of color”, it would be less embarrassing.

1 Like

I didn’t mean “color” in the sense of skin color. I only brought up the Turks since everyone in Europe was terrified of them at the time

1 Like

I don’t know much about the history of the era, however it may be out of place to feature foreigners in the areas we’ve seen so far. Perhaps in later acts or as the devs open the world up more. I don’t think Turks/others would be seen in the villages that are closely knit with people of the same country. Though if I’ve read the stuff online correctly, the Ottoman Empire would not be anywhere near the Kingdom of Bohemia during the early 1400s. Though I would also like to see some foreigners as well from any place.

If anything I think we would see foreign military units, which I’m sure would be featured later in the trilogy, if anything.

Also, it’s nice to see that people immediately jump to attacking a poster instead of politely responding. Maybe these people should stop being so vile because,

1 Like

Religion will definitely be a major theme in the game. As for the Turks, while you would certainly have found them in some parts of 15th-century Europe - traders, diplomats etc. (plus the occasional invasion) - I doubt they’d be wandering round a small village in the Bohemian countryside. IIRC one of the later acts takes place in a large city, so you may well see more national/ethnic diversity there.

Even though I am of Jewish and German background, I do not want to see more diversity in game, only the historian aspect which it appears warhorse studios is following proper history in Bohemia during this period. I think it would be selfish for any social justice warriors to try to impose multiculturalism on a game that is focused on a historical period in a region the developers know well and live within the region.

3 Likes

Jews and Germans (and maybe even German jews, who knows? :smile: ) will definitely be in the game. I’m pretty sure it actually will be pretty diverse, it’s just not the right kind of diversity, because white people are all the same.

Well, I beg to differ…
https://www.google.cz/search?q=caucasian+race&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL3_PwkYzKAhXDRhQKHX2xBTYQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=ZC9p6OOh21s0PM%3A

In fact, “white people” seems to be most diverse race of all humans - in skin-tone, hair and eye colour, aswell as body types :stuck_out_tongue:

I was being sarcastic… and not really speaking about skin tone. It’s very common for diversity warriors and other “progressive” liberals to care only about diversity of skin colour and to totaly disregard european diversity of nations and cultures. It’s especially hilarious when it comes to white guilt, when they try to guilt trip for colonialism and slavery even people from landlocked countries that were actually opressed through history themselves. Because hey, white people are all the same.

2 Likes

This thread turned political quick. That wasn’t my intention

Why u hate the Turks?

Yeah since evryone hated the turks in the time. Offcourse they dont want too see the turks.

If this conversation turned out to politics then sure bring it. I dont accept any fool here to black the turks they we’re called " The war machines" and they are known very well over Europe!!

What does make you think I hate Turks?

Why u dont want them to show up in the game?
If u want a game that was historically then adding them will make it 100%

And i dont like the way u talk… about the turks… so watch it

lol

1 Like

What are you going to do, invade Europe? Oh wait your ancestors already did that. :smile:

1 Like

If there where some foreinger from farer away countrys, I guess it would be a few students and merchants. And of course you would find them at citys where there was a university or a city who has the stapel right. like Prague.