Some up close pictures of the Monastery

When you first walk up
Across the river

Very detailed wall and watchtower. Cannot go inside of tower on on top of walls yet.

The inside of the monastery is quite unfinished, but the whole outside is looking very good.
Lastly this is a courtyard inside the monastery

8 Likes

How did you pull this off? :stuck_out_tongue: Looks great!

Presumably the gravity console command. it can be used to drop outside the playable area.

2 Likes

Exactly what McWonderBeast said. The command is p_gravity_z xx, where xx is the amount of gravity. The normal amount is -13. Anything less than -13 will increase the rate of gravity and anything more than 0 will cause you to float up to the skybox. The best place to get out of the play area is the fence right in front of the monastery. I usually change the value to 100 to float straight up to the top the fastest.

It really is. I must give this a try as I love going out of bounds in games. When finished this is going to look spectacular, especially if they can get an Assassins Creed Unity quality of detail for the interior.

1 Like

Yea man, that watchtower is looking fantastic, along with the exterior of the monastery.

Thx for the tips mate, I’ve been hiking around ! it’s amazing :smiley:

4 Likes

How far can you walk past the fence in the current alpha?

The whole map but beyond a certain area it is just the same pasted bland squares of forest. I found this too

It looks to be the keep from the very first trailers.

The texturing is quite unfinished, but still looks awesome.

Here is what looks like a catwalk to the actual keep

And this is whats on the other side of the cat walk. The textures are blurry, but also looking good.

This castle is very incomplete so I’m not %100 sure its staying or if they just used it for a placeholder. Its pretty elaborate for a place holder though. They didn’t mention it like they did the monastery so that could mean its not important.

3 Likes

No, this is not the castle from the very first trailers (Pirkstein or Rataje Castle), its Talmberk castle, where Zbyšek from Karolinenthal comes from. You even can see this castle in town-map of Merhojed, in the background:

You can find it here on map:

5 Likes

Have you actually been there in-game or is this just an assumption based on the real geography of the area?

Its a mixture of real geography and some maps shown in developer video update:
http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/13079/9ba19c82e056b4cb.PNG

I have made an unofficial map about it, but roads and small ditches may not correct:

And here is map of boarders in game. Red area is originaly planned are (old area), blue area is added after kickstarter, and I am not sure about dark green area, but I doupt we will be able to go there in final game.
Bright green area will be not playable.
Orange one is 0.4 alpha area:

4 Likes

most beautiful game ever

Looking again at your post.
I noticed that there is nt badge above your name, but it seems that you had quite a fun with the game and also you look quite enthusiastic about it.

So maybe, just maybe you could buy the game?
I am not judging you, I can very well understand this, though I would not go posting at official forum then :smiley:

What? Why is bright green area not playable?
There is a village and for me the structure of map looks ugly without the bright green area

1 Like

I don´t say it will not be playable, I say it is improbable… because:

1. the river is a perfect boarder.
  2. henry will not able to swim
  3. If you look at this map, you can see developers use this area to put their key of map and some ordered notes. I say it is because this area is not important to game, because we will not be able to go there. But as you know… I don´t make official statements here. I am just mod, not developer.
1 Like
  1. No it isn’t perfect.
    Or do you want a invisible wall in water? :wink:
  2. That’s one of the badest points for me on the project/game
    We will find a way to integrate it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  3. Yes i know that most stuff isn’t official and it is okay :sunny:
    A perfect idea for myself, after tools release. :smiley:
  1. you could drown if you go into deep water :smiley:
  2. Maybe yes maybe no. :smile:
  3. Yes…I should make shorter posts… time to go to bed…

For me it is a big atmospheric disaster
without swim ability, chance to drown in water.
And without an Armor Henry are able to swim.
Than they can remove the ability to climb and jump.
So maybe a bad level design due of missing functions.
No Sir! For me, EA can do such things but not WH!

It seems, i will not playing the game, only modding :expressionless: