Some up close pictures of the Monastery

Even if you could swim, you would literary had almost no way how to use that skill…

There are some ponds and the Sazava river.

It makse no sense for you to swim in a pond, unless there would be something hidden on the bottom.
And going swimming into a river is a hazard.

In the end only thing that swimming would serve would be just as atmospheric or immersion feature. And considering how much work it is, it just not pays off.

1 Like

You’re right, but if atmospheric isn’t important then downgrade the graphics
that everyone can play it!? :wink:
No Arguement,
then I’d like to hear why not swim is included!
And i mean an technically detail explanation :blush:

We will have to wait for the end of gamescom to learn the exact answer.

So @TobiTobsen might elighten us, or maybe @MadSmejki or even @Vik.
Now lets sit and wait.

Why would they need to mark out a settlement if it would be impossible to reach. Doesn’t make sense. Maybe there’ll be a small wooden bridge or something? There’d be no way to prove it wasn’t there. Plus, look at the second map. There are three points of interest on the other side.

Maybe Act 2??? :grinning:

Act 2 will introduce a much larger map. Plus, this thing is included on the map of act 1.

Also, DrFusselpulli, notice something.

The road ENDS at the river. Roads don’t work like that. If it didn’t lead to something, it wouldn’t be there. It ends at the riverbed and continues on the other side:A bridge.

1 Like

You are aware that this conversation is “unofficial”. Everything is subject to change.

The entirety of @DrFusselpulli may or may not end up in act one.

Act 2 will expand the map but in which way is not known, it could expand the borders of the current play area or even been another region (within Bohemia) altogether.

Because they aren’t making a map of a fantasy world. Just because you may not be able to go there does not mean there is nothing there.

Unless you wanna go swimming? People do allot of things when role playing that may not make sense to someone else.

Is there something about the rivers in Czech that are particularly dangerous?

Where I am from the river is the place to swim.

Cannot disagree there.

well yea, but just on the edge. I was implying that only use for swimming would be cross the river, which could be dangerous. But I dont know how strong the Sazava river is there.

I meant in practical sense. There is nothing for you to do there except enjoy swimming.

I’ll return to my chief point which is:There is a noticeable road, both on the map and on several screenshots of Rataje. Why would there be a road going straight for the river if there was no bridge/some sort of transport across it? I see no settlement there.

1 Like

It could be a ford crossing. Bridges are not required to cross a river.

Also if there is no settlement its illogical to have bridge there, unless its a major trade route.

A ford crossing wouldn’t make sense, the river’s not that shallow…
Maybe a log or something.

Well there’s no height map here so you cannot judge the depth of the river based on these images, unless you are familiar with this areas geography?

A natural bridge is always a possibility.

The Sázava is pretty shallow at some locations, but not in the ones this game takes place in, at least not so shallow that it can form a ford.

i’ll edited the post and will stop talking about swimming.
for me the arguments are nonsense.

Let’s look away from immersion, atmospheric and realistic reasons.

Swimming is completely usless feature. Unless the developers put in the game underwater quests.
Even in Skyrim I used swimming just few times and those were times where there was a flooded cave.

In this game there is so little of “swimmable” water that putting even a single person to create this feature would be waste of time. Most people would not even swim.
Would it feel good to know that you can swim? certainly! But you have to keep in mind that Warhorse has schedule to run.

This is reason enough for me, though I don’t know the truth.

So as I said earlier:

I would rather be able to swim then have a third person view.

Ha there’s nice little pond outside the monastery, I at the very least expect a baptism.

Well, yea, me too.

And who would you be baptising? Certainly not a child.

Tournament fighters Mines ?