Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

I was really tired when i typed that up :wink:

1 Like

I think that if you murder someone you are clever enough not to dance on your victims pool of blood, so please no blood trail unless you are wounded. Otherwise it becomes like bad joke.

Blood yes, pooling probably, spraying
 we’ll see :slight_smile: That’s a future development step! :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I did a first aid course, the nurse told us she had worked in a prison. They were in situation with suicidal inmate who was holding some sharp object by own throat. The guards were negotiating with him while the whole team of paramedics slowly moved to the area. The prisoner was just behind the bars.

When they were ready the guards unlocked the door and they all ran in. They were all by him within about 3 seconds after the key was put into the lock - the same moment the inmate started cutting own throat, but there was nothing they could do. That is how fast he bled out, with 3-4 quick huge streams of blood going a few meters far, rest just slowly draining out of him

1 Like

but that is his throat . its not going to be quite the same if he sliced say his stomach

i would be pretty confident in saying the effects between an arrow injury on a rabbit and on a human would be quite far apart . so i would say there would for sure be less blood with a human body

Why is that? A human is much larger and there fore would have a lot more blood than a rabbit.

because a rabbit is smaller meaning the arrows damage area on the rabbits body percentage wise is much larger meaning the chances of a vital organ or bloody vessel being burst are increased ten fold .

where as on a human there is a high chance that you will miss all vital organs and just penetrate body tissue or maybe lodge itself in a rib etc , so that spray of blood wont happen and the amount of blood would be hugely reduced

Right but the blood didn’t spray really on impact. They bled out like a slow moving stream. The arrow didn’t block the bleeding. If you hit a human in the artery they would bleed gradually it wouldn’t fountain out.

Also the first rabbit i hit did not hit an artery. It tore through its intestines.

yes but the chances of hitting one on a rabbit are higher than on a human .
so its just down to where you’re hit

Yeah but i didn’t hit one in the artery and it still bleed all over the place fairly quickly with the arrow still sticking out of it.

If you know what I mean.

First rabbit got hit in the butt. The second was the jugular. They bled out pretty quickly. the jugular was quicker of course. If thats what you meant.

Blood and gore should be present as it’s a realistic game. So that means wounds blood spatters and broken limbs. There doesn’t need to be anything else.

It might be because I’m a bit touched in the head but I kinda want the ability to chop someone’s limbs off with repeated strikes to the area. Espocally if i get a weapon like a poleaxe I feel like with its weight i should be able to decapatate someone with a swing or two.

Gore should be implemented to its realistic limitations. Gore shouldn’t be implemented just for the sake of it.

If you swing an axe repeatedly at an arm, it should eventually come off.

If you swing an axe repeatedly at an arm that is covered in armor, it may break, but it shouldn’t come off.

In the course of fighting someone 1v1, the fight is probably over before you can execute a succession of strikes to the exact same location. At this point, you’re talking about the ability to mutilate a corpse, which technically should be allowed for realism’s sake, but is a bit morbid.

I don’t know how often decapitation and limb dismemberment happened through the natural course of battle. I would suspect anyone wearing armor had little chance of being dismembered in any way.

I think it would be good to include some gore (since we’re going for realism), but not over-the-top. If there is gore and/or excessive amounts of blood in the combat, it would probably be a good idea to have a setting in the Options menu that turns it off or at least reduces it.

I think it’s a MUST for this game.

Would love to see blood or dismemberment.

Beyond that I would not mind a wounding system that if you get hit you start to bleed out or have internal bleeding when stabbed, slashed, or crushed by weapons.

Or if you get hit in the head you get a mild stun or like blurry flash bang effect which wears off slowly but also slows down your reaction time or causes stumbling if you take too many too quickly or even knocked out if you do not see it coming.

Or if you get hit in the arms too many times you lose the ability to attack as quickly or parry or block if you take too many and get crippled or your body broken.

Or in your legs if you get hit which could reduce or take your ability to move from you.

But also that the more times you get hit the more you bleed and need bandages or salves or ointments from an apothicary or something to try to keep it from getting infected.

1 Like

Already implemented.