Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

I imagine that having armor deterioration is quite difficult to do. As far as I’m concerned they have made leaps and bounds with first-person melee combat. Skyrim’s whilst improved over oblivion’s, was still just not up to par with expectation. You guys at warhorse are geniuses. And am I the only one that loves viktor? What a wonderfully awkward-seeming guy. Love him lol

1 Like

well, lopping heads with a claymore is possible, but not very likely, unless in the case of an unarmored opponent, or an execution.
i think one-handed weapons don’t have enough mass to cut the head clean off.
maybe in a few swings…

how about a zombie apocalypse in a medieval setting? :wink:

That has to become a mod, for sure.

And while we are at it, lets add Nazies, a perk system and dinosaurs.

If you guys really want to make the most realistic RPG, well its a no brainer. YES I want blood and gore.

1 Like

Blood and gore as the rest of the game: In a realistic fashion.

2 Likes

More blood and gore the better

This blood effects system would be perfect !

The Walking Dead: Medieval Edition…

1 Like

+1, yes please on OP’s post. Some kind of blood and gore system (realistic limb severance?) would be awesome.

The more realistic the better! IMHO

Bump this up! I remember many years ago when this guy was experimenting with blender and this idea. Glad to see it’s coming along!

Ofc I want blood and gore but in real limits, its not cartoon or game for kids so balanced design would be great

In the videos it really just looks like alpha version :smiley:
You hit the helmet a little bit and then the blood gets spilled.
I would like to have it quite realistic…not like in gore games.
I mean it would be nice if there’s a lot of blood when I slit my opponets throat or his belly.

And I think it’s really important that legs and especially arms and the head could be chopped off.

Otherwise it would look quite silly.

I think it should depend on the weapon you are using. It doesn’t make much sense to fully lop off someones arm in a single swing of a one handed sword, especially if they have armor. Even with multiple swings their arm would be crippled already from shattered bones under the muscle. I do think bones should be able to break from the force of enough swings as it would be far more common than a bunch of detached limbs all over the battlefield (Albeit fairly hilarious). It’d be nice to get a solid hit on someones sword arm with a mace, and have their swinging speed reduced as they struggle with a busted forearm. Perhaps a bardiche or halberd would have an easier time detaching a few limbs.

1 Like

Personally I think those that want the gore are the “kids”

1 Like

Correct :slight_smile: There’s something wrong with peoples minds when they WANT to enjoy the suffering and torture of others, regardless of whether its in fiction or reality.

Now I’m off to change my preferences so I don’t have to see any responses. My feedback is solely for Warhorse. As long as they put an option to turn off the gore and blood I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Well… It is question of realism to me… If you slice someone in the stomach with a sword or cut someone hard in their neck. You’d expect to see some sort of result. (Not pretty flowers, fairy dust or confetti shooting out)

If you don’t like the violence then i suggest you don’t play games where most of the action is in a couple of guys going medieval on eachother.
If you stab someone, they bleed. That’s realism for you and not some odd perversion.

2 Likes

Now making such a generalisation is in no way a good idea. What you are saying is that pretty much everyone who enjoys an action movie\violent video game\boxing event has something wrong with their mind. You do know that when you kill someone in Kingdom Come (and I see that you pledged), they dont exactly go to sleep, right?