Brandnew computer for Kingdom Come - but game won't even start :D

Woking on it right now, deinstalled the entire AMD driver set and now I am currently installing that 15.11 beta driver that Proky was suggesting. At the sametime I am currently running another steam cache integrity check. I’ll post back here once I restarted the PC with the new driver and tried it again.

1 Like

Aaand here is the update: No change at all. I installed that said old driver Proky suggested and, as said, did another cache verification but I am still getting this dll error the moment I attempt to launch the game. :frowning:

I don’t know much about these things but since the error says failed to load WHGame.dll maybe the problem isn’t the graphic card but something about that DLL missing…

I think this .DLL error is different to the driver error. Can you attach at least a DxDiag to our forum? because I think this error is pretty new to us.

We will need you to enter the following into the command prompt:

dir “c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\Bin64” >kcdbin64.txt

Save the file into documents and upload it here and we will have a look.

@Hound: I did not really understand what “command prompt”? Could you specify it a little further for non English native speakers and non IT guys :wink:

this is command prompt:

To open it just click “start” button and type “cmd”

and then insert the command @Hound wrote.

But this command assumes that you have the game installed in C: disc.
So if you installed is somewhere else be sure to change the adress to where the game is installed.

Okay gotcha! Did that and… as you can see, nothing happened lol!

1 Like

Possibly, you should have now a kcdbin64.txt file in the directory you blurred out :wink: and that’s what we would like to take a look at :-).

search for kcdbin64.txt

If you open it, it should look like:

That´s it :grinning:

1 Like

Ahhh it generated that file to that folder… how was I supposed to understand :smiley: Yup it’s there, and attached here!

kcdbin64.txt (3.2 KB)

Oh hell… why nobody can link the archive of old drivers from AMD/ATI?

Here, please, for all AMD/ATI user:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/embedded/previous?os=Windows

So, hah, problem solved! As I assumed in the first place, the problem was never with the graphics card but - as the error actually said - with the dll ! After I manually deleted that WHGame.dll from the folder and THEN repaired the game via steam repair, it worked! yay!

1 Like

congratulationsm, man!

1 Like

Yes i know… but there was one question about it
AND in these times, many people asking in the www about them :blush:

Okay, really? I don’t want to sound like a douche or anything (ship has sailed) but:

Me: " another option is to delete the file, then verify again to reacquire, as it might be corrupted"

And it god damn worked!

You didn’t even try it when I suggested it!?!?! WHY!?!? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Merry Christmas everyone! :smile:

I just have tried to start the game and recieved the same error. As far as assumed, it seems not to be an graphics card related error. :confused:
Anyways, (1) I did the system check by steam, (2) deleted the file, do the system check and tried again. :frowning:
I own an NVIDA GeForce GTX 960.
I hope this is helping to closing in that error.:smile:
(I am so excited and eager to play KCD >.<)

Many thanks for reading. :smiley:
greetings Delon

I’ve done the same thing, sadly enough it does not work for me either. :frowning:
I own a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 so there might be a problem with the NVIDIA GPU or something?
If someone could help me that would be much appreciated. I am really hyped for playing this game! :smiley:
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
Kanal16

No, we have a problem with the AMD Crimson driver right now, but not with Nvidia.
Can you tell us more details about your system and what the problem is exactly?

1 Like

Thank you for your rapid answer,
The problem is that when i try to start the game, a window appears saying “Failed to load the Game DLL! WHGame.dll”.
I’ve tried verifying the integrity of the game cache ( i guess that is what is referred to as steam repair right?). After that failed i tried removing the .dll file and then steam repair again. that failed too however. So i am sort of out of ideas.

these are my computer specs:
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.5 GHz
Number of Cores 4
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000306C3
Family 06
Model 3C
Stepping 3
Revision 1C
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 970
Dedicated Memory 3.9 GB
Total Memory 3.5 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.0
Vertex Shader Version 5.0
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 10DE
Device ID 13C2
Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_36701458&REV_A1
Driver Version 9.18.13.4448
Memory 8.2 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Edition Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600
Locale 041D
BIOS BIOS Date: 09/19/14 14:08:45 Ver: V11.4B0
Version American Megatrends Inc. V11.4
Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
Date 09/19/14

I got the same problem. i tried deleting the WHGame.dll and then verifying it through steam but it didnt help anyone got a suggestion?