Can not load saved game BS

I understand that this is BETA and there will be Bugs, but this saved game loading BUG has been with us for months - this is a fatal error and should be an “ALL HANDS ON DECK” fix. Not only is is not being fixed , there is no word on when any update or possible fix will be coming. In every other BETA I have ever been a part of updates would be on a regular schedule with hot fixes and patches happening when ever there was a major problem. You guys have the potential for a great game here, but you are screwing the very gamers that would be your best marketing agents - get this fixed ASAP!

I had the same issue and basically gave up the game.
I’m buggered if I have to keep going back to the beginning each time.
I ended up demanding my money back and left the game.
They said that they would refund it, but I have not seen the refunds as of yet.

Well @gravelbelly1 yes. This was less than 2 days ago. I told you that this refund will take a while as we have to do it manually. Your refund is in progress, it does not happen on instand. Please be a bit more patient about it.

@polo61, yes the safe/load bug is known very well, a final fix is not possible yet as we have to finish the AI optimization first. Without this a final stage of safe/load is not possible.

Ty for the reply DrFusselpulli, however you offer not estimate on time of fix. In fact I see not evidence of any fixes any time soon. I have to reiterate that keeping your community in the dark is not a sound policy. I would like to know when the “ai optimization” is targeted to be completed and when this fatal error on the saved games is targeted to be fixed. This has been going on for months, could it be time to look at a new programming team leader?

Just pretend there isn’t a Save/Load function. Then it won’t upset you by not working properly.

There have been comments recently that suggest a new Beta release (primarily localisation, but some bug fixes) is in the pipeline - which if accurate would be welcome, so we can explore the content we have so far with fewer defects in behaviour.

AI is a complex task, and optimisation and finalisation of Save/Load errors are dependent on it’s finalisation, so I don’t expect to see these resolved until the release version - but if improvements are possible without delaying the release I wouldn’t object to some changes…

Ultimately though the Beta is a ‘sideshow’ and I’m only concerned with the state of the final game if one of these has to yield.

@Lieste “Comments” suggesting a new beta are not the same as actual hard information and schedules. BETA testing is by definition “A trial of machinery, Software, or other products, in the FINAL stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.” It is not a side show. This game has tremendous potential but is not in FINAL stages. Furthermore I have tried to play without saving as you have suggested but the game randomly freezes or crashes when I attempt to move items from my toon to my horse, or when I fight, or when I attempt to gather herbs, etc etc etc. Over all - not good

We are not letting the community in the dark, especially not when we talk about the situation. We are already working on the AI optimization as this is one of the core elements of the game. This AI is very complex and nothing that can be done fast. And we need this not only of the save/load funktion, but also for waiting in the game, sleeping, fast travel and overall performance. Save/load does already work, but it unfortunately also produces a lot of corrupt save files. They can crash when loaded or they load with some bugs inside.
Our focus is the final game, we don´t want to come up week of work for a solution only for the beta just to throw all this work away for the final save/load system.

1 Like

While I have also seen a few CTD during play, I find that most of the Beta faults are script errors, where dialogues don’t fire off, important people get stuck in inaccessible locations (commonly inside their house by a conga line of NPCs) and some of the crime rules seem odd.

Loading saved games causes problems, some of which are at least session persistent. If you are having lots of CTD you could try removing all the save game files from your WH user directories. As always when manually deleting files back up anything you remove until you are certain it functions without them.

Every save file that is corrupt is showing “@” after the save number, instead of showing the save name, which lead me to search for On Guard. And it’s a quest that is already done on my save. (Pic 3)

These are working save files:

Quest done, that shows up in the file loader, but some were get corrupted and changed to “@” instead.

Not sure if this will help any, but I think it’s better to come with some constructive input instead of complaints.

SOLVED: I managed to repair a broken save. Change quest, make some progress on that new quest so it changes objectives in your journal and make a new save.

1 Like