Can you convert to Islam?

Christianity doesn’t sanction killing, Islam does.

The old testament is extremely fucking violent yes, but there are no harsh punishments, like stoning, and death in Christianity. The bible is two books bud.

You do realize where the west gets its morals from right? Christianity, and Judaism. As for reading the cruel stuff from the old Testament. Well until Martin Luther average people did not have access to a bible, since it contradicted the shit the Church was pulling.

Now i know you’re fucking trolling, I’m not even going to engage with you any more, you know damn well that the vast majority of Muslims want Sharia, you’re just trying to get a rise out of me.

Funny considering the biggest mass murderers in history, were all atheists. :smiley:

Every belief, every ideology has blood on its hands, period.

That’s why you never mentioned the church, you specifically said Christianity. :smile:

By “They” I meant the Church as it was reaction to you and you were talking about it. I mentioned Christianity just as source of the code/law.

Well your post didn’t give any indication that you were referring to just the “Church”. You only mentioned Christianity as a whole.

My logic there was: Church did things that was forbidden in Christianity so “Church wouldn’t allowed it if it would be in the Bible” isn’t best argument.

Since I replied to your comment I used “they” instead of “the Curch” you were talking about.

Sorry if it wasn’t clear.

I see the confusion now, but you didn’t quote my bit about the church outlawing pork, that’s why it seemed like you were just speaking about Christianity in general.

This is ridiculous, if you can play even as a woman in this game I do not see why you cannot introduce Islam. Are you saying that there was no Islam in this time period? This is clearly laziness at best, but it is most likely that the developers are simply bigoted towards Islam.

Man… @Salah_ad_Din you are seriously straight up, an absolute idiot

Fkn keyboard crusader. What’s playing as a woman got to do with religious freedom? Especially given how woman are treated under Islamic law, you calling the Doc a bigot is the most hypocritical thing I’ve seen in a long while.

I propose a movement to ban this buffoon. He’s just here to troll and spread hate, and I for one don’t appreciate it.

You are insulting me, calling me a buffoon and an idiot, but you are the one being uncivil by insulting me when it is unwarranted. If you do not want to converse like civil men then maybe you should stay silent.

I never said that you are a bigot, so why are you insulting me like this? Is it that you are bigoted, and dislike it when your kin are called out? So you immediately call for me to be banned and silenced so that your bigotry will not be challenged?

Furthermore, who are you to criticize Islam? I follow the teachings of Muhammad, and the true will of God. This only highlights your arrogance.

You called the Community Manager a bigot… so civility went out the window as soon as you started typing.

And you began with insults, yet now plead innocence. This really isn’t the place for your Keyboard Crusade. So you can either tone down the religious rhetoric and the hate, or simply leave.

I’ve got no interest in entering into a religious debate and don’t care one way or the other what faith if any each person holds value in. In this modern age, you should learn to treat everyone with the level of respect that you yourself wish to be afforded. And at present you’re lacking

1 Like

To you, civility went out the window because you wanted it to. I was bringing bigotry to light, you had no reason to comment unless you were also guilty of it. And you accuse me of hate? When I have not shown hatred of any other religion? Is simply proclaiming to be a Muslim count as hate to you?

Where did I begin with insults? I never even said the developers were bigots, just that it was likely. Nothing else even came close to insults. You only want to antagonize me because of my faith, and yet somehow I am the Crusader? You and many of the other members have shown a complete lack of respect to me, and you say that I am lacking?

1. Islam exist in 1403, but not in Bohemia. This is the basic fact. So easy to find out that it makes you sound like a troll here.
  2. You said developers are either lazy or bigots. That’s an insult. Especially considering point 1.
  3. I don’t see anything ridiculous in introducing playable woman before anything (Do you realize we have equality here, right?) if develoers decide and if it fits the time and place (and the budget).
  4. Being a human is enough to critize any religion.
  5. Thinking that only guilty will comment is a logic fail (people on internet naturaly speaks up if they read something they disagree).
6 Likes

FYI Warriant, that meme is horseshit. Being an atheist and doing evil things doesn’t mean they did them because of their lack of belief in a god. I could claim there’s some sort of connection between mass murder and black hair based on this precedent, couldn’t I?

That is simply ridiculous, it’s just grasping at straws. Many of them felt religion took power away from the state, i.e, made people believe there was something more important. Hence getting rid of it. It’s because they were dictators.

“Funny considering the biggest mass murderers in history, were all atheists.”

Like I said, they had ulterior motives. It isn’t even certain whether they were all really atheists, or if they simply wanted to gut religious power. We know there isn’t a connection between atheism and violence, we also know there is a connection between dictatorship, and wanting to control your people as well as you can.

Hitler was similar, he believed in a god, (was raised catholic) but wanted to destroy the papacy as he saw it as a distraction. Even when they’re of a faith they see religion as an issue, it isn’t because they don’t believe in a god.

In short, it is a very flimsy claim, made when trying to wrongly besmirch something that is very neutral. As I said, there’s also a connection between mass murder and black hair based on this.

You mean to tell me that people did not travel in the european dark ages? No one went on pilgrimage to the Holy Land and maybe came back with the teachings of Muhammad? Do not be ridiculous. Saying that a woman hero makes more sense than a Muslim hero is absurd, you have contorted priorities. No one should be permitted to insult Islam. How can you say this is a tolerant place if you allow people to spit on the name of my faith? I had no quarrel with @Earl_Thorn , but if he is offended just because I defend my faith then that is on him.

Is it really so absurd to say that a man in the Dark Ages of Christianity, would wish to also relish in the Golden Age brought by Islam by following the teachings of Mohammed? If you sit and eat at a restaurant and they serve you garbage, would you not get up and instead eat at a place that serves proper food?

I am offended by your approach, not by your faith.

Just because the story doesn’t facilitate conversion to your faith structure doesn’t make it wrong, or discriminatory, or anything else for that matter. It just simply is operating within the confines of the story and the way the Devs wish it to be told.

They have active professional Historians working at WH, who are consulted on just about every single aspect of the game. Right down to the colour of the carrots and chickens during the period. So if it was historically viable, and worked within the confines of the story, then I guess they would have considered it.

But given that you are playing as a set protagonist, with a specific background story, pre-defined characteristics of race, skin, hair and eye colour, and more than likely a set foundational Christian belief structure… Islam just doesn’t enter into the picture of Henry’s tale. And like I said, that isn’t discriminatory or anti-Islam, it just not a part of the story.

There’s already faith struggles within medieval Bohemia, culminating with the Hussite wars, where four known papal Crusades were raised to squash the deemed heretic followers of Jan Hus. To bring Islam into the picture as well would simply remove focus from this significant and defining point of Bohemian history.

3 Likes

You asked how can we say this is a tolerant place in the same post that you said that NO ONE should be able to insult islam, meaning we shouldn’t tolerate it. Don’t you see how those two things don’t jive whatsoever?

1 Like

Even if somebody did, he would probably end up burned at stake… :smiley:

Aaanyway, I smell troll here, lets lock this thread? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The short answer: No

Now we can close this tread :slightly_smiling:

6 Likes