Can you convert to Islam?

In this game will it be possible to convert to Islam? It should be possible to follow the Teachings of Muhammad and wage a righteous jihad against the infidels of Bohemia.

There’s nothing stopping you from acquiring the clothes and armour of a Cuman warrior, and travelling around slaying innocents in the name of your Prophet.

But seriously… no.

Medieval Bohemia was a Christian Kingdom. KCD will no doubt over the span of the story be touching on the events of one very particular type of Crusade as is, without facilitating yet another.

Might wanna just tone down the dial on the religious zealously too there Saladin. We’re a very inclusive and open community here, and trolling anti-Christian or any other form of religious discriminating rhetoric isn’t on.

At least according to the wiki on “cuman” they where not Muslims… (and didn’t become Christians until later)

1 Like

Well, they were a nomadic group of Turkic people originating from the Eurasian Steppe… So yes I agree, they weren’t natively Muslim.

However it’s noted by a number of sources (other than Wikipedia) that around the second half of the 13th and the first half of the 14th century the Cumans, together with the Tatars, adopted Islam.

Moreover, other sources state that the Cumans were converted to Islam prior to the Ottoman conquest of the Balkans; presumably by Muslims from North Africa and the Middle East. Meaning that when the Ottoman Turks moved into The Rhodope’s during the 14th century, the Cumans were already Muslims and aided the Turks in conquering the region.

So… I think in the context of KCD, they are Muslims.

Regardless, their equipment was near-identical to the Golden Horde (who were Muslim at the time) and the Turks. So, you know, trash tier. #plate4lyfe

2 Likes

No, the Cumans we have in KCD are Christians, they were mercenaries of the hungarian king, they were living in hungary for hundreds of years at that time, because their ancestors were expelled from their own land by the mongols, the golden horde.

It will be not possible to convert to Islam in the game, why should you do so? Why should you change your beliefs for something you know nearly nothing about? At this time, you also could end burnd on the stake as a heretic. But killing people for leaving their religion is not a christian invetion, the islam does this too.
If you had doubt of your religion, you maybe would follow Jan Hus in 1403 bohemia, an the Catholics burned him for heresy and invaded bohemia in a crusade, the Hussite War. There was no freedom of relegion back then, this is a new invention.

8 Likes

Good on ya Doc. Thanks for clarifying

It all can get a tad confusing from the late 13th century onwards; because we had Cumans inhabiting across a large geographical area, fighting on all sides as either Muslims (particularly in the Balkans), as Christians in Hungary (and some surrounding areas), and Pagans from the steppes themselves.

So cheers :smiley:

2 Likes

Bohemia in 1403 also had a very large and significant pagan community. In fact, very large part of formally Christianized Czechs were practicing also pagan customs.

We don’t know it so much from period sources which apparently didn’t pay too much attention to it. However, when the re-catholization started after the Battle of White mountain immigrant Jesuit priests often wrote about the persistent and omnipresent paganism or mix of Christianity and paganism (and the need to stone/burn/drown the pagans).

After all it is still evident in the way Czechs celebrate the Easter.

3 Likes

Oh come on, we just defended ourselves! I mean who destroyed the castle in my village? The bohemians, that 's it. Poor Castle of TĂĽchersfeld, getting destroyed by these peasants >_<

Yeah, what’s history if not a chain of self-defenses :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyway. @SirWarriant… is… is it you?

Hahha, no. I wish i would have thought of doing something like this though.

Image of someone converting to Islam in medieval or present-day Czechia, the land of beer and pork, is some really high fantasy. :smiley:

3 Likes

it do happen here in Denmark… we got 2,3 pigs pr. person… and drinking beer is a favorit past time…

Also there are some moderate Muslims who do realise that some of the bans are anachronistic and is based on the existing culture among the people who first followed the Prophet.
(then ban on pig can be found in the old testament, so should be in effect for Christians too).

but… but… BACON!

2 Likes

No, pork is not forbidden in Christianity, much of the old Testament does not apply to Christianity. The ban on pork and shellfish were temporary laws established by Moses, and according to Christianity, were fulfilled / abolished, along with many other laws when Jesus came along.

> Mark 7:18 And [Jesus] said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” Thus he declared all foods clean.

And if pork was really forbidden in Christianity, then why would the Church allow people to eat pork during the middle ages, when they pretty much had control over everything?

1 Like

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

They also burned people at stakes or tortured them to death… if that goes with Christian love then what is a piece of pork.

I take it you didn’t bother to read my post? :smile: Clearly says no food is unclean, which means pork would not be forbidden. Fulfilling the laws mean’t replacing many of them.

The quote is often misunderstood do to translation, so you can find clarification here.

Lol, in what way is this relevant to our conversation? Did the Medieval church kill people, yes they did. How ever that was never condoned by Jesus, his disciples, and it is forbidden in Christianity. The church also allowed prostitution,many priests fathered children, ect things that are completely forbidden. There’s a good reason the Church didn’t let people own bibles.

2 Likes

Christianity is just as responsible for the murders of people killed in its name as Islam is for the terror attacks being committed today .

Make no mistake don’t bother justifying your book of bullshit it’s no more or less peaceful than the Quran .

luckily for Christianity a large chunk of its following live comfortably in the west and through that we have devopled a culture in comfort of being kind to one an other and understanding , basic morals so now when the Christians read the cruel evil crap in the old testimant they see it as just that .

Islam has not had that luxury , due to poverty , corruption etc it has not been allowed to move on , such morals don’t exsist in these far flung middle eastern nations . That’s why the vast majority of the Muslims in the west don’t agree with The principles of sharia law and the principles in which ISIS claim to follow , but take that question to the poor areas of the Middle East and that becomes blurred .

Once the Middle East is stabilised and invested in and living conditions improved Islam will "improve " and change with it .

Religion is responsible for alot of evil . But if it keeps a smile on someone’s face who is anyone else to judge .

4 Likes

That was my point. Church. I wasn’t talking Christianity as a whole.