Cannot play the game since last Alpha

Hi @Eragerr

Beta v15.11 : Release: 14.NOV.2015
Non Beta v15.11: Release 24.NOV.2015 but it’s a Crimson Version!!!

so Yes!!! the Beta is the newest possible Catalyst Driver!..

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve checked this morning and I found 15.12 (non beta).
BTW, it produces the same crash at launching.

That’s good news. Then hopefully I can finally play the game, thanks for the response.

1 Like

@Eragerr Yea. But have you any success with 15.11. Beta? That should work for you?

I was at 15.11 non beta and updated to 15.12, which should be more stable, but I still can’t play (same crash at launching).

Sorry but v15.11 non Beta is Crimson…and 15.12… too!!

Please try this:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

1 Like

I am not understanding you haha.
I will try, but I think it won’t solve anything, since 15.11.1 beta corrections are included in 15.12, isn’t it?

Sorry but this issue is a Special AMD Problem with the Crimson Driver…
To get it working you must use the v15.11 Beta…an not the “Non Beta v15.11” or higher!!!

Check your DXDiag!!!

15.300.1025.1001 is wrong!
15.201.1151.1010 is correct an working with the game!

2 Likes

There is a 15.11.1 from the “new” CRIMSON driver line and a 15.11.1 from the “old” CATALYST driver line. Any driver from the catalyst line will work with the KCD Alpha, but all drivers from the Crimson line will crash your game! So don’t get confused by the same driver numbers, it is important that there is a “catalyst” in your downloaded driver file name and NOT a “crimson”.

1 Like

Amigo! Yes, I am aware of the problem with Crimson, I was mesreading what you were saying and confusing the version number with the series (Catalyst or Crimson).

@Eragerr Is that Problem now solved for you? Please give us a little Feedback…
Well Christmas Holidays without KCD is a bad idea… :wink:

1 Like

The problem certainly be fixed by downgrading driver version, but I am too lazy and busy to enter in secure mode, uninstall and install again, and when the problem gets repaired install again Crimson… I am waiting for now :pensive:

We are already working on that problem, so don´t worry. But we will need a couple of days, it is christmas now, and Warhorsians want to celebrate with their families too.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Warhorsians!!!

I don´t know, but I think the alphas are really important to figure out this kind of problems. For a better start of the beta and the full game… :grinning:

1 Like

Christmas? What’s this? Happy Winter Solstice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It is more a kind of tradition, then something with religious background.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with every version I tried from the new AMD Crimson driver. The game is loading and before the menu, the game.exe crashes and back to Windows 10.

Let’s hope you can fix this asap or tell us how to get out of this mess :wink:

Happy New Year to all the Warhorse team and keep on the good job !

1 Like

Thanks, there should be a fix soon. So don´t worry about the Crimson driver problem, it should fix itself for you in a couple of days. :wink:

1 Like

i’m still stuck with this problem… hope you will fix soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this up again. Unfortunately, we were not able to solve this problem in an easy way. The problem is a bug in the AMD Crimson driver. There is a workaround for this Problem, and we will have it on the beta, but unfortunately, it would cost us a lot of time to solve it also for the beta and it would not help the development of the game at all.
For that reason, we decided to bring the beta a bit faster and postpone the fix for this problem to beta. Maybe AMD itself will make a fix for their driver, as we have contacted them about it.
Your other way to solve this problem is, to use an older Catalyst driver, but I would say an early beta is not worth this effort, because the problem will still solve itself for you as a player. Unfortunately it will take some more time, as I said till beta, but it will be solved.

2 Likes