Character Customization options

I think we should be able to choose to play as a female.
As a girl, I don’t really like playing male characters. I don’t feel connected to them. It’s not immersive and it’s not fun either.

At least if you can’t make female characters- give us more options. hair style choices, hair colours, eye colours, face and body shapes ect…

Also; all comments I perceive as rude, trollish or snarky will be promptly ignored.

EDIT: I just realized. Mods. Like it or not I’ll just be able to play as a female AND battle dragons at the same time. Because mods. I’m smugly happy with this.

1 Like

While we’re at it, I think main characters in novels should be nameless and genderless too. Help me identify with them more. Frodina Baggins has a ring to it.

7 Likes

not that kind of game. bioware shit and korean mmorpgs is that way>>>>

Although @213 didn’t use the words I would prefer in the forum (and Mass Effect has a pre-defined protagonist, which is a Bioware game), he’s delivering the right message, This game follows a certain story which is not about you as The Chosen One like in many other RPGs. You’re Henry, a son of a blacksmith losing his family to the war and … well the homepage covers everything you need to know. And you are able to play as a female character, but that’s more like a second story line. Yes this character is also pre-defined.

Of course there will be mods, so if you want to make suggestions for mods, please open a thread in this certain category. Also please use the search function of the forum before adding a new thread. I don’t want to close topics all the time, which have been discussed before.

7 Likes

For what it’s worth one of the stretch goals (which has been reached) is for a side-story involving a female protagonist.

Copied from stretch goal page:
“Playable female character
We get lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise 1.000.000$ we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can plays as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She’s smart, courageous and good at stealth.”

I’ll just wait for the mods to come out. I can get my cake and eat it too.

'Till then, I’m off to find a game that’s actually worth spending money on. See ya!

This game is worth it. Most people spending money here either want just to experience the medieval times or a very good story or some realistic (means non-fantasy) RPG. Or they’re like me who just want to support some awesome guys with a clear vision and focus for a game idea.

Want me to be really honest? I don’t feel connected to characters who don’t feel pain and suffering, who don’t show emotions, who don’t have a story worth to be told, who don’t have anything unique in their behavior or appearance, who don’t have a personality at all. But this is how every new AAA game turns out to be. You’ll forget about the characters because they’re not unique in any way. Assassin’s Creed is the best example: every assassin looks the same from behind. I even forgot their names, but I remember R-R-R-Ralph from Mafia (who was not the male main character of the game) and if you didn’t play that game, you may not know what makes Ralph unique and memorable.

3 Likes

Well as a male, I played through Skyrim, LOTRO and every other game as a female - which caused some problems in the story, as our great and brave dragonslayer was actually a young, subtle girl :slight_smile:

I tried to raise a debate about this issue earlier this year, yet the most we got from the Warhorse so far was the 2nd storyline as a female commoner. However, if Act I is going to be released and sold succesfully, I hope we might see Acts II and III more focused on other issues and game mechanics, such as further customization…

He was unique, but also a bit annoying character. And there was no way to skip him…

act 2 and act 3 will be made only on the success of the first act. if act 1 succeeds enough to justify act 2, then there’s no need for “further customization”, there’s only a need to expand and improve upon what the game offers already. in depth rpg system, innovative combat, verisimilitude, and historical authenticity. no other game out there comes remotely close to touching on these features.

why keep doing same thing every other company out there is doing with terrible characters from “customization”

Did somebody say Yoga?

I’m sorry… I’ll show myself out.

And I think that the Profile might be a Troll account. Looks it anyway.

Regards,
Warrior Rose.

1 Like

If I am able to give my guy a mustache, I will be happy.

I very much agree with you, Yuusou. I have a very hard time playing games such as Skyrim where your character is just a silent potato, it just simply ruins the story and the immersion. However, I strongly disagree with you about your choice of example. The Assassin’s Creed franchise has probably the most interesting and memorable characters in the gaming world. If KCD have a story and characters even somewhat as good Assassin’s Creed, I’ll be one happy monarch. Good day.

And yes, you may call me a “butthurt fanboy”, because that’s what I am, and I’m not afraid to admit it.

kcd story is set in reality and based extensively on bohemian history and doesn’t rely on gimmicks like virtual reality or fictional conspiracies between assassins and templars. assassins creed’s whole premise revolves around a secret war between those two organizations, which is like the bad plot of a robert ludlum story, where nothing remotely reflects what happens in history or reality. assassins creed feels like a comic book while kcd already has the attributes of a historical fiction masterpiece.

1 Like

You asked for polite replies and then you insult the Devs and anyone who support the game…

2 Likes

I mostly play RPG games and it’s only logical that there are customization options. The only question remaining would be how much options you could choose from. For example, why I personally would like to see as many options as in Dragon Age Inquisition, I know it will not be that much and I am not angry for it either.

But you should be able to choose from a certain amount of hairstyles & colours, facial hair and if possible a voice or two. Extra’s could be the eye colour and things like that. For those who say it’s not a must, let me ask you, do you like to play a game for +50 hours while you hate how your character looks. Doesn’t have to be much, for me a good hairstyle in black or brown with a big moustache and I am happy to go on an adventure for hours and hours.

1 Like

You would be able to change a haircut and facial hair but thats all, I think.

And the answer is; I dont mind, really. Even if I dont like how the main character look I can play as long as the game is good (though, it doesnt mean I would be OK with poorly made character or something…).

This again? i wonder if she/he is the same troll who create a new profile every now and then… or maybe an american femminist lobby lol… Anyway I’m conforted to see that @213 keep a costant vigilange and give them what they deserve :wink:
@YuusouAmazing i guess you didnt really played the AC series, because at least the ones i’ve played (2, brotherhood, revelations) had a very interesting protagonist and an overall very good writing… sure historical accuracy is not their thing… but i wont compare them to the various EA\Bethesda abominations…

lol at this point why don’t you just go play skyrim or something

2 Likes

ehm… have you any idea how womer were treated at this time? i mean, exept joan of arc, or the different queens, that was’nt a very good period to be a woman (no bad joke involved). exept if your female character is one of these strong womens of medieval times, the game would be a hard-labor-thankless-tasks simulator… really.

They where treated differently enouth to make gender a defining characteristic of the main character and therefore not exchanchable in a story centered game. But most people have no idea of how women where treated in this periode and just assumme it had to be really terrible because it was in “the old days”. Problem is there is no linear development from the terrible dark ages to the glorious civilised world.

As you pointed out yourselfe by bringing up queens class was a factor even more relevent than gender even among commoners. (between farmers and there serfs for exemple). I don’t have a very clear picture of what that actually means for day to day live my selfe but it’s defenitly more complicated.