Character Customization?

There will be no customization at all, the main character is set.

2 Likes

Since there’s Henry, the main character, you can’t customize his face.

As I’m looking on pictures of Black Desert, it looks like cliche that brings nothing rly exciting, maybe Im wrong, havent played it.

I would have thought there would be character customization for the main character you would have to play. Ah well, then this post is pretty much useless haha.

Well, there is the thing about lips sync with voice acting. For example. It cannot be done in high quality without preset face.

Another point. You would feel really out of place, if you ran around in a world of 3D scanned models, with a user generated face.

But I gotta say, it’s quite an extensive character creator.

Character customization is one of the selling points of this game.

Hey even the Star Citizen team works together with Warhorse because the character customization in this game is so extensive.

I think there is just a misunderstanding or general confusion of the terms.

@Hakase : What you’re showing as example is an extensive character creation. But for customization this “only” means the outfit which is the beforementioned layered structure you can apply on the character. And this is very innovative in terms of number of layers and that each layer has a function and is not cosmetic only, as it is in many other games for robes, cloaks etc.

Yes, there has been a misunderstanding, what I was talking about was the character creation/creator. For the clothing and such, of course Kingdom Come is the most extensive haha.

I’ve just read an article about ten annoying things about the games (czech only): http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/co-nas-stve-na-dnesnich-hrach-dgm-/Magazin.aspx?c=A140612_141026_bw-magazin_srp

Number 6 is valid for KCD as well. Yes, we were given some female character for a few sideline quests, but what about the main character, the Henry? I’ve mentioned right when these forums started, that I don’t want to play as a dark-haired man in his thirties. And still I don’t. I’m blue-eyed, fair-haired like most of the Czechs and I’d really appreaciate ability to change - if nothing more - colour of your eyes and hair in game as well. It doesn’t have to look like character customization in Brytenwalda or Skyrim, but at least some customization is crucial for me as a customer.

But you are not playing as yourself, but as Henry and he has dark hair. I can’t imagine CD Project would let players to change Geralt’s hair color. It would be outrage.

Well, Geralt’s look is taken from the author himself and his literary work, while Henry is just another noname hero like Viktor Troska (OFP:R) or Tommy Angelo :wink: They all look very same to me… probably because it worked before, they think it will work now, too. However, it’s becoming too repetitive, and I doubt any quests will feature main charater’s hair or eye colour, so why not to satisfy the customers this way, without much additional work.

By the way, another KCD ‘predecessor’ Original War had nice characters and it would be really cool, if their 3D versions would be featured here as well. Would make a really nice easter egg or so… :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s time to get a new glasses? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most Czechs are fair-haired and blue-eyed? Wow, I just realized that I must have lived in a different country for my whole life!

Considering when and where the game takes place, appearance of the main hero is quite logical…

8 Likes

If it makes any of you feel better, I think you have the option of shaving your beard off or letting it grow wildly…

1 Like

I don´t know how about you, but I don´t need character customization like the one in black desert. This is not that type of game. I hope you will be satisfied with what you get.

Character customization in KCD will be limited to shaving your beard and changing your haircut. You can also customize your cloth, but nothing more. The character is set, it isn’t some noname guy without voice and history, so there is no reason to let ppl change his appearance on “genetic” level. Moreover you will see your character face only in inventory, cut-scenes and maybe in some mirrors, so most of the time you will have no idea about your visage.

I never said I had a problem with not being able to customize our character creation. I just thought it would be nice if there was that choice. Frankly I pledged because I liked the concept of the game and it’s goals, anything else would be a nice additional touch but even without it I’m still fine.

The real question is; Will this game have moors?

1 Like

I think character customization is a very important point in a role playing game
I dont know much about programming and how hard it would be to create a customization tool and let the face still look good but since other games made it, this should be possible. However it would be OK for me to not be able to create my own face

But whats more important to me is to give “henry” another name cause I want to identify with my character and I believe most of the players and potential buyers want to give the character their own name. And that could not be too hard to implement. So what are your thoughts about this? Or the Developers thoughts?!

I think you don’t realize that to play a role you don’t have to create it. I personally sometimes find the character creation in rpgs bit of a hassle. I want to start playing the game and before I start I am “forced” to give birth to new person (there are usually some ways to skip and some presets, but the presets are ugly and they don’t say anything of history and motivations).
I understand that you feel it is easier to play someone you create from scratch, but for me video game character is always an character I act out and it is easier for me not to invent him/her and his/hers motivations from scratch. I have enough problems with creating myself and acting like an almost average human being.