Constant freezes,unplayable

Hi there,i would really appreciate some help.I got the game today and i have a really annoying thing which is making the game unplayable.I have constant freeze of 2-5 seconds all the time.It’s random and happens on random times.It might even happen in cut-scenes and/or every 1-2 minutes.
My specs:
win 7 64bit
i5-4690k OCed to 4.6 Ghz
R9 290 4 GB
8GB RAM

i don’t have problem with FPS since i am getting 60 on most of the times,its just drops some times but thats fine.I tried putting evrything on low but that didnt help.

Anyone knows how to fix this please ?

Hi. I experience similar freezes and I also have

I54690k
Win 7 64bit
Gtx 1080
However when I’m not in a town I hardly get any freezes or micro stutters.

When I was in Talburg I would get the freezes and stutters all the time…crossing the drawbridge almost guaranteed freeze
Don’t know to fix tho. Some have fixed it by upgrading to win10. Hopefully developers are looking into it.

Same crap with I5 2K and GTX 1060 6 GB. Nothing suggested before helped and i can’t test win 10 up(

I’ve been playing this game since the 13th and the game freezes have only become worse. At first they happened only like every 30-40 min and then stopped after 1 min. Now they happen ever 5 min and sometimes they crash the game entirely. My friend has a 1080 and it hasn’t froze once for him. Is my 980 TI the issue?

Can we atleast have some confirmation that devs are looking in to this?
I have noticed that playing in windowed mode makes it a bit better,but playing in windowed mode is pretty annoying and immersion breaking.I hope devs know this issue.

:grinning:Known Bugs And Reporting new ones:grinning:l

So i have some news.I know now what is causing the Freezing.Seems like every time i freeze GPU stops working ! i noticed this because when freezing happens LED’s on my GPU is shutting down or becoming less “green”.This happens only in Kingdom come thought.I checked my temps and i have same temps as i do in all-games,around 75-77C.

Any thoughts on why is this happening ?

I can confirm that switching from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit solved the problem completely.Played for hours not a single freeze.

I have Windows 10 and have the same issue. I’ve tried every single workaround out there to little avail.
This doesn’t happen in the wilderness, only in towns.

I can also confirm that this only happens in towns/villages.
I tried :
Windowed,Borderless and Fullscreen mode.
Newer and older GPU Drivers.
De-Clocking CPU to it’s default clocks.
setting fans to 70% to reach about 60C temps on GPU.
increase heapsize.

none of those worked.

i didn’t try win10 for now, gonna wait for a confirmation from the devs that switching to win10 fixes this before i make this step.

Same here i5 3570Km gtx 970

What i find common is that almost all of us are using an i5 proccessor.
Weird…

1 Like

I got permanent micro stutterings every second. totally regular.

I tried several things: Over-, stock clocking GPU, CPU; Resolutions; Quality settings; Task Rriority settings; Battle Encoder Shirasé (several configs). Vsync (on, off, fast) aso, but nothing helped.

I went through 3 different configuration stadiums, all with my FX8320 (~4Ghz), 8GB but with two differend graphicscards.

1: (with gtx760) … low fps (before optimization) , freezes, long loading times particularly before dialogues aso.

switching to SSD helped a lot!! Heapsize to 524288, helped to (placebo?)

got 40Fps and went pretty well. Really enjoyed it. (this was before 1.2.5)

1. (But then I got a RX480)

Disappointed as hell I could not even run mid settings without framerates jumping randomly arround.

OC GPU and CPU to 1350Mhz and 4,4 Ghz it just squeezed out some single frames. Tried adjustments.

But then (and I don´t no when it started ) I got freezes every second. Thought it was during riding fast, but I also find it in the Loading screen. Micro freezes/ stuttering every second.

What I recognized: While switching to taskmanager (habing the actual manager layered above the start screen/game) the stuttering stops and it runs so incredibly lovely.

Clicking on the game again (to get it into the foreground) it stutteres forth.

Frames are ok and arround 50- 60 fps mostly high settings.

I’m starting to wonder if this game is just poorly optimized for CPUs with 4 cores or less, and not so much a Windows issue, since I’ve seen people complain about these issues on Win 10 as well. I did send a messaged to support, currently waiting for a response. I just want some kind of conformation that they are at least looking into a fix.
Honestly even if this is a Windows 7 issue, the game says it’s compatible with Win 7 so it should work for it. I really don’t want to upgrade to win 10 if I don’t have to.
Also, can you even still upgrade to Win 10 for free legally anymore?

I owned damned freezing with reinstall 8.1 win (used base 8 before). ANd ofc i have i5-2k.

Freezes in 1.25 , as I’m out the mum’s house at the very begining ad so on it continues in town. It makes the games nearly unplayable.
i5-4460 @ 3,2Ghz
Zotac gtx 1060 6go
Win 7 64 bit 8go Ram
->>>>>>>>>>>> SOLVED BY MattP598 post below, thanxs

Try these two mods/fixes…

2 Likes

I check and my processor is fine. But i have problem with ram i have only 8gb…

I only have 8gb of system memory and I don’t have the problem. How much VRAM do you have?

i have EVGA GeForce GTX970 FTW+ GAMING ACX 2.0+ so 4GB