Didn't realize... RPG != MMORPG

I just realized that this is NOT an MMO. Oh, how disappointed am I… but not enough to back out of backing. My hope is that the standalone is so successful that Warhorse is swooped upon by a publisher who wants to take it MMO.

Until then… when’s that alpha again? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

mmo will never happen. you can start by getting used to single player game type. alpha end of september or beginning october

2 Likes

I hope MMO will never happen, it would just ruin this game.

9 Likes

Personally, it is also because it is a solo game that I backed.
Most of medieval game are MMO, even elder scrolls went to this.
I am not interested in MMO because I don’t have to much time to play and most of my friend doesn’t play at all.
So yes I am very happy that this game is a solo one.

5 Likes

I think the issue was if an mmo was made with the IP it would be horrible, in terms of this game is really an rp heaven and of course few rp in mmo’s now a days compared to the number of people you get playing the games.

MMO’s have their indisputable charm, but for KCD Act 1 this kind would be fatal.( Would not work because the story no other / too little attractive playable parties permits). It would generally be the time to think about a mmo “light” in order to reduce the permanent-present-or what miss-stress.

Did I miss something? Is it really question that the game evolves to be a MMO in the far future?

IIRC they decided aginst a publisher because they didn’t want it to become a free 2 play/pay 2 win MMO with in game currency elves and dragons.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if the first game is successful and Warhorse decide to make a ‘spin-off’ MMO, but I very much hope that the main series will remain single-player. I have no interest in online gaming.

3 Likes

It often fascinates me, this response type. I wasn’t saying, “I wish this were an MMO.” I would have said THAT were that my meaning… I simply meant it wasn’t obvious in the materials I looked through that it was NOT an MMO.

Also, that I hope someday they will be able to either spin up or create one.

That said, the MMO industry has languished for some time for lack of a game willing to bring THIS manner of realism to it. The oversight, frankly, is why it is continuing to lose traction to the other genres of gaming.

Ah well. That this game (and others like it in the stand alone and console space) exist at least means my personal dream of seeing an MMO with this level of commitment to realism is still on the list of “maybe someday”.

3 Likes

In my concern, English is not my mother language, so sometime i might struggle to get the proper saying.
I am sorry for that

1 Like

No idea, will tell the future. My personal opinion is that it will become increasingly more standard, offering mmo-related games. But has its pitfalls …begins with hacked accounts on

na, a limited multiplayer for the family / friends would be nice, no?

've Been waiting over 15 years for something like that, I hope I live long enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

No need to be sorry; I understood you were asking whether or not there were any question that it was or wasn’t an MMO. For my part, it wasn’t clear initially, but watching the stream fixed that (as it was directly stated).

Hell, the only language I know is English, so it’s just my good fortune that it is the language in use on the forums. :smile:

2 Likes

i brought up elves and dragons because i remembered a video where Dan mentions those things in that context. i don’t mean to say that there can never be a serious MMO. eve online seems to be great.

the kickstarter page calls it a singleplayer-RPG right away but your right it’s not that obvious on http://kingdomcomerpg.com/

Kind of a Neverwinter situation; where you could have friends along for the ride… yes, that would be pretty spectacular. It would even allow for small scale guilds and cooperative play.

As long as it’s completely optional, though in all honesty I’d rather the devs spent the time and budget on something else.

Since missing in KCD, the construction part and an (to final) open story. The story is (unfortunately) cast in concrete and only takes about half a year. But good to know that many are waiting for something like this …;)[quote=“Helena, post:19, topic:17776”]
As long as it’s completely optional, though in all honesty I’d rather the devs spent the time and budget on something else
[/quote]
Think since even to act 2 or 3 -or- a completely different medieval game, which is based on the development of KCD and the missing elements includes. Think the Modder-Scene of M&B watch this project too…:wink:

KCD was always presented as single-player only with multiplayer unlikely at best even down the line, but yeah: RPG and MMORPG are quite different things.