Discovering lost items? Like a sword, dagger, purse, coin, etc

It would be possible to game add some discovering lost items? Lost sword, dagger, purse, coin, necklace, ring, etc. etc. These things should not be too much in game (max 50 things in the whole map), but could bring another element to the game. Things could be scattered randomly on the map. In the creek, the root of the old trees, caves, wells, etc., etc … Exploration and discovery is one of the most interesting things at all. In real life. Very often someone loses some thing and it would be interesting here and there to find something. I think it could be interesting feature with a minimum of effort implement this into game.

What do you think?

4 Likes

yes, I’d like that
good idea!
if you search a bit on places where those things are likely to be found and find for example a ring that you can wear or sell. And those Items should be all unique meaning theres not a second identical one.

2 Likes

It could also initiate some interesting quests - “Hey, I know that dagger you are wearing. It belonged to my father you murderer! Guards! Seize him!” :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

Hidden loot in an RPG is a must.

I don’t know how practical it would be but I would like to see the AI have different personalities and one of which could be one who misplaces things.

Gothic was full of such instances. Take a rest near a rock, and when you turn around there be a small cave with a skeleton, a sword rusting in his chest, and his hand clinging to an amulet. Those were great moments in all 3 games.

Finding small trinkets here and there while exploring gives a real sense of… wonder for me, because after I then keep looking for other clues to see if maybe I can discover the cause. Sometimes I ventured further into the cave and find bandits, other times I would go back out and get attacked by wolves. These situations and small finds gave the world a personality, and it was great.

For me at least :). Would be great if KCD will have such wonderful moments.

1 Like

I think skeleton/sword/amulet thing is too much for KCD, but I totally agree for finding small rare items, which gives you another level of gameplay.

I hope to find lot of thing in NPC’s house when the full game is out.
Such as cloth, food, tool, hiden coin, … I know its just alpha testing for now.

I hope they will report you to guards when you try to steal something :smile:

1 Like

if this idea isn’t already implemented, this would be my vote for the next stretch goal, or something similar to it. the hidden treasures of 15th century Bohemia!!