EXPLOIT REPORT! Deer meat

When (inevitably) poaching, your meat gets marked as stolen, but cooking it removes the “stolen” mark and most of the time increases the value of the produce too. By a little margin.

This wouldn’t be as bad, since its like 0.5 groschen increase on hare and such. BUT I believe Deer meat has an unintended bug where cooking DEER MEAT you get COOKED DEER LIVERS (or some other intestine, do not remember now) which is about 40 groschen value, which just breaks the economy.
Doesn’t happen

Hope you look into it, as it will help balancing the economy and mitigate the exploit usage.

:grinning:Known Bugs And Reporting new ones:grinning:

Not the same as a bug but treated the same.

1 Like

Where can you cook it? i can´t put it in any cooking pot O.o

hover your arrow gently towards the fire
you’ll see a promot says “Cook food” or interact with the fire
don’t hover at the pot like everyone did, cooking is unrelated to the pots

since i was told to put it in bug section

Really? I need to exploit this before it get’s patched out.

Though no idea why you would want to report this as it only effects your game, and with that you don’t have to use the exploit.

Don’t think this is an Exploit and certainly isn’t a bug.

@schwammi:
You don’t put it in the cauldron.
You put into the flames (IIRC you get the option of cook something and putting out the fire).

Now i think of it neither do i. Cant you buy this sort of cooked meat from traders etc. So if you think about it if its cooked then whos to say you didnt buy then from someone else and your not just reselling it but if its fresh then theyd know itd been poached. I might be talking a load of whack but thats my take on it

No I see it that way and this isn’t the first game to use that tactic to get around stolen goods.

1 Like

Yes it seems to make quite a bit of sense. Might be wrong. Only time will tell if any manager replys to it or if its ever patched

Doesn’t seem like a big deal… Just looting someones house, one piece of clothing in most cases can net you 500+ groschen just selling to the thief trader.

No need to sell to a Miller you can hold on to it and eventually the stolen status will wear off.

how many days does it take for the stolen status to disappear? i knocked out guard when he was sleeping in rattay and stole his armor and sword because i didn’t have any, but idk how long i have to wait…

Ahhh now the penny drops i honestly thought this was a bug. The fact that things werent stolen on my list anymore. Thank you for this information!

Can not honestly answer that I would say a few days in your inventory possibly more. Be carefull though if you get stopped by a guard for a random check and he finds it you know where your going to end up.

1 Like

One trick i did do with cooking the deer meat though since you get quite alot i sold out the meat shop in rattay then traded the last out to the shop with the scale in exchange for snapps saving me having to make them :smiley:

haha yea i keep stolen stuff at millers, i was stopped by a guard once and luckily did not have anything with me.

I got stopped by a guard while carrying a stolen mace which I had equipped, Thankfully I have Speech and Charisma really high and convinced him otherwise.

The fact that deer MEAT turns into LIVERS/KIDNEYS, whilst there is a perk for getting itnestines from game, IS in my opinion an exploitable bug.

Also please stray away from discussing your stories of thievery here, do it elsewhere.

1 Like