Fatalities: Off

If there will be “fatalities” (or however they’re called) in the game, will there also be given the option to turn them off? I don’t enjoy such things.

I don’t know. to be honest I didn’t know there was going to be fatalities. I hope they do make it optional. I also hope they make it optional to turn off cursing.

if by that you mean instant kill attacks, the developers have said this is a feature they are working on (something like sneaking up behind someone and slicing their throat)

don’t think there will be an option to turn it off but you don’t have to use them…

Keep in mind, guys, this game is designed by Viktor Bocan (and many others) whoes favourite saying is: “every item in option menu is faliure of designer”. So I would not bet on many “options to turn it off”.

I love this approach :slight_smile: And yeah, I wouldn´t count on that too, but I guess something like blood and gore limitation might be there, if even needed at all.
Even though… Flashpoint had a quite a lot of settings in options, especially regarding difficulty :slight_smile: Its one way of making even very realistic game (like Flashpoint or KCD) somewhat accessible to broader audience, while delivering that hard difficulty of realistic gameplay for hardcore fans.

There will be an option to not use them. It involves you not using them. Depending on how customizable the controls are, you may be able to unbind the key.

Of course in the current era of pandering to peasant control schemes, that would most likely also mean losing access to other functions.

It looks like you will have to resort to self control.

Very true, not only of this topic, but also true about optional third-person view and being able to save whenever you want as well.

I mean those zoomed in, slow motion (“cinematic”) kill/finishing moves that are gratuitously thrown in during combat in many an action (rp)game.

Hell, really? You want turning it off?

I just did say it and I say it again. Authentic gore and combat. It was possible then and it should be possible in the game!

To me it sounds that you do not have a full knowledge how the combat works in KCD. There are NO ‘cinematic’ finishing moves you can see in some other games: those pointless finish kill animations just for the gore effect. But there are powerful combos which represent actual medieval techniques that you perform by chaining particular attacks. But this is rather game-play feature that you don’t have to use if you don’t want to. On the other hand, slow motion triggers on perfect block (parry), giving you an extra moment to evaluate your counter effect. This is not possible to switch off aswell.

1 Like

I personally don’t want finishing moves but maybe ‘special’ animations for killing blows, instead of enemies just collapsing like dropped dolls.

I dont quite understand what is the difference between special animations for killing blows and finishing moves?

I’m not inclined to think that KC:D really needs much more than the current level of gore.

Armour is near universal on the opponents we are likely to be supposed to be attacking. Whether this is heavily padded gambeson, or metallic armours, they dramatically reduce the ability for hand weapons to cut, to the extent that dismemberment is unlikely to occur.

We have perhaps a little too much ability to cut through armour with light edged weapons .

The current bleeding on serious wounds is effective at indicating the degree of injury caused, and is not massively overdone to the same scale as many games do.
There isn’t blood on the underclothes that I have noticed. This could perhaps be addressed if anyone cared enough about the appearance of looted corpses…

Maybe also having two colours of ‘blood stains’ to include both fresh and healed wounds could be an improvement to the current permanently glistening blood, but this is a minor consideration.

1 Like

I was refering to what GingerFOX said, about cinematic finishing moves just for the gore effect. Such like chopping of heads, cleaving someone in two or animiations where the protagonists stabs the foe like 1000 times though he is already dead since the first stab. Pointless and exaggerating. I’d rather like that the killing strike triggers a special dying animation which fits the strike. Right now they just suddenly drop down when you kill them, like you’ve cut the strings of a puppet.

Maybe my english is just not good enough to properly explain it :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I understand now :slight_smile: Also I agree with you, I don´t like exaggerated animations, I would just like to have some nice animation of enemy dying or falling, ideally based on physics engine aswell.

Seriously? How many of you have been in combat and have seen people get wounded and die? Some men scream when wounded, others faint dead away and some empty the bladders and bowels -Is that what you want? Real warfare and combat is ugly, horrid business, especially when blades are involved. After a battle, the air not only reeks of blood, but stinks like an open sewer due to dead people loosing control of their bladders and bowels soon after death and often before dying. The smell is even worse when stomachs and intestines are cut open.

People don’t have to be dead to be combat ineffective; limbs are severed, muscles and tendons sliced and rendered nonfunctional, and there is also weakness from blood loss, so NPCs don’t always fight to the death, in fact, people should have a point where they either flee in terror or drop their weapons and surrender. Surrender should also be an option for the player.

As a combat veteran, I believe that only ignorant idiots see glory in war. How much reality do you want in this game? How about the option to torture and maim prisoners? What about raping women in the village? These things happened…often, especially during those barbaric times.

This game would really be cutting edge if it allowed the player to engage in all manners of inhumanity, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes