First thing what i will do in Alpha

Hi, i have question for community.
What you will do as first thing when you start game for first time?

I will try to find toilets and use them :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to murder someone. I must see how itā€¦ Works.

2 Likes

I will be just walking around because I think that nothing else you can do in first version of Alpha :smiley: :smiley:

Didnā€™t watch the stream?

In alpha version will not be that you saw in stream.Alpha will be very early build with one village and as time went on they will be adding some things.

I will be writing bug reports faster than most people can blinkā€¦ all to ensure the final release is a smooth as silk.

Edit to add: I have been convinced to at least try it. Looks like my guy will have to wait. Iā€™ll send him your sympathies, should you elect to offer them. Heh.

I see someone already jumped the gun before I could edit thisā€¦ grats to thee, oh, seeker of things to argue about. Now go stand in the corner.

2 Likes

I thought you had no interest in a non multiplayer game?

Edit: Wow really? This was flagged? What the hell?

As Gameswelt didnā€™t publish any subtitles yet (mehā€¦), let me tell you what the Alpha is about:

First youā€™re only in this small village with some surrounding area. There are some people, animals and shops. Interactions with all of them will be added after time. Youā€™ll only be able to run and jump in the first version because stability of the game is way more important than adding more features and therefore more complexity in the whole game. First some of the minigames will be implemented, then more interactions with NPCs and the last will be the fighting system. I guess the last development phase of Alpha also includes the inventory and equipment system. Donā€™t take anything I say here for granted, itā€™s just how I understood the video footage of Gameswelt.

The Alpha is more of a Tech Alpha and the developers want to know if the implemented features work as designed and if there are technical flaws that need to be addressed.

Beta will include more content like small quest lines, more items and so on. Letā€™s see how the Alpha works out, before anyone thinks and talks about Beta.

4 Likes

From the streamā€¦ It didnā€™t seem as if stability was an issue at all, even with all of the features shownā€¦ :confused:

Do you know why? Because theyā€™re only showing features that really work the way they should. Also the stream was the prototype. This has nothing to do with the Alpha version. The shown content was more of loading modules of a game rather than a complete version of the whole game.

If you wrap up every single feature into one big package and shake it up, youā€™ll see some mess that you didnā€™t expect. You would be surprised how often bugs and errors occur, because two features donā€™t like to work with each other, while separately each feature works as expected.

3 Likes

I will look for npcs and try to talk with them

1 Like

Iā€™ll walk around and wait another 2 months for the first module to arrive :smiley:

1 Like

I shouldā€™ve read the ā€œEarly Accessā€-linkā€™s content on the webpage:

In Q4 2014 we will release an early build of the game, including a small area (village and a part of the countryside) where you will be able to test core mechanics of the game. We will start with the basic mechanics (interaction with the world, inventory, map, NPC cycles) and we will constantly update this build with new features as we progress with the development (dialogues, bows, hunting, crafting, combat, horses).

1 Like

Iā€™m really curious about the NPC system

I need npc closes, guns and horses!
Ive forgot to say please

Stick my face in a wall to see texture resolution.
ā€¦
What?

3 Likes

Follow a random NPC around for about two hours to critique their path-finding and scripting.

Then I shall try to blend in as a villager so that they will never know my true identity.

2 Likes

Same thing (Following NPC) i did in first Mafia :smiley:

Iā€™ve stalked NPCs in Oblivion, Fall Out 3, New Vegas, SC: Chaos Theory, Thief, Hitman: Blood Money, Red Dead, GTA SA and 5, Just Cause 2, the Witcher 2, Watch Dogs, most of the AC games, and, of course, Skyrim. For some reason, I actually enjoy this.

Oh and Skyrimā€™s NPC scripting is way more limited than they let on, itā€™s path-finding even worse. Dynamic NPCs my ass.

Absolutely nothing, because Iā€™ll not have it. :smiley: More so, Iā€™ll probably not do anything with beta as well, if Iā€™ll have the necessary strenght of will. I donā€™t want to spoil the game for me.