Game doesn't launch at all (pc win7)

I’ll just shelf my copy for the time being, and wait for the mext patches and the forums to cool down after all the over boiling bile…And then try and start a thread, looking for help

I tried your fix now but i always have my error 0x000007b
anyway, thanks to have submit it

I’ve installed the lastest nvidia drivers but nothing change.

I am going to investigate this windows error code…

Please don’t get angry with me. :blush: But did you try and reinstall https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632 ?

Hello,

i have installed again visual c++ 2005,2008,2010,2012 minimum runtime, 2012 additional runtime, 2013, and 2015!

A new update of the game was also donwloaded today, but nothing changes

what did you get if you run the .exe directly?
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\Bin\Win64\KingdomCome.exe

it gives me an error code 0xc000007b

I wrote a PM to you…I hope it will help…

I have same problem. I have error code 0xc000007b after click to KingdomCome.exe. Detail error description is
Podpis problému:
Název události problému: APPCRASH
Název aplikace: KingdomCome.exe
Verze aplikace: 1.1.0.0
Časové razítko aplikace: 5a84146d
Název chybného modulu: ntdll.dll
Verze chybného modulu: 6.3.9600.18895
Časové razítko chybného modulu: 5a4b1b67
Kód výjimky: c000007b
Posun výjimky: 00000000000ecf30
Verze operačního systému: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

I have original dvd game version with activation on steam, Windows 8.1., six-core AMD FX-6300, GeForce GTX1050 Ti grafic card. U try reinstall game, reinstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions, reinstall .net framework. I use sfc /scannow in command line, I check intergity game files in steam app, I check windows update, I check graffic driver for nvidia. But not working :frowning:

Hi.
I’ve had the same problem - after starting the game in Steam or in tis dorectory nothing happend.
Here’s what fixed it for me (note i have Windows 8):

1. Turn off all of Your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software
  2. Try to run the game from its directory as Administrator
    There I had another problem, an error that MSVCP140.DLL is Missing. I downloaded teh latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio l from Microsoft website.
    Again I tried to run the game as Administrator and… got another error. This tine it was :Unsupported Graphics Card detected. A GPU with support for D3D FeatureLevel 11.0 is required.
    Because I have a laptop with 2 GPU (GeForce 860 M and some Intel integrated card) I selected my GeForce as a default GPU for every program.
    And I had the same error again. I thought taht this is the end as my GPU is too old but I found a solution for this.
    You have to check i Your GPU supports DirectX 11. If it does uninstall Your GPU - Your PC should reinstall it.
    Started the game as Administrator with all Anti-Virus software and it started working…untill I had a black screen. But I also found a fix for this:
    Go to Game Directory and changed the vegetation LOD from 50 to 30 in system.cfg file.
    Finally,(drum roll) it started working.
    Hope it works for You guys.

Lol you had to do all that to play a broken game? My condolences.

Hi,

thanks to all i succeeded tonight to launch the game!

Instead of trying to install again and again the visual c++ and framework modules, I have uninstalled all these modules i had from the program management page in the control panel. I had around 15 lines of these things installed in various versions.
Then i installed all these packages again (about visual c++ only 2005 sp1, 2010 sp1, and 2015, about framework only 4.71).

I turned off malwarebytes (in fact in my first attempt it was already off, but it was on since i did a scan to verify if my problem didn’t come from a virus).

And i also have to say that i have put a “api-ms” DLL package in the game .exe folder because at first there was a missing dll error (and after i had the error 0xc000007b wich is no more).

Thanks to all i succeeded to launch the game! I use ACTUAL version All in One Runtimes 2.4.5. After all installations Visual C++ Runtimes 2005, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 , game started :slight_smile:

Link to download All in One Runtimes 2.4.5:

Tried that, did not work. Fortunately I just got refund.

Try these

Step 1: Run the game as Administrator

• Right-click the game in your Steam Library.
  • Go to Properties, then to the Local Files tab.
  • Click Browse Local Files.
  • Locate the game executable (the application file).
  • Right-click it and go to Properties.
  • Click the Compatibility tab.
  • Check the “Run this program as an administrator” box.
  • Click Apply. Having done this, restart Steam and try launching the game again.

Step 2: Run Steam as Administrator

• Navigate your Steam installation file (By default, it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam).
  • Right-click the Steam executable.
  • Follow the above steps to set it to Run as Administrator.
  • Restart Steam.

Step 3: Verify Integrity of Game Cache

• Now that Steam is running as Admin, it should have no permission issues.
  • Go to your Steam LIBRARY, right-click KCD, select Properties, open the Local Files tab and select VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

Because other fix havent work yet, I will test the last tonight. I will write something again, if it works.

This should work.

I managed to miss seeing all of the other posts in this thread… Sry.

I’ve tried all the things suggested here but still can’t get the game running on Win 7 64bit. Even though I had no problems running Beta before…

Windows 7 is almost 9 years old. It might be time to upgrade.

If that’s the issue then Win 7 shouldn’t be listed as a supported OS. So that’s not an argument here :wink: