PC: FIX FOR CRASH ON GAME STARTUP Win7

I finally managed to get the game to start after suffering nothing but crashes on opening the game through steam shortcut on desktop for days now. This is what worked for me just now.

This is for Win 7 PC users who have crash / KCD not working/responding on starting the game.
You must have steam+installed the game+verified files through steam
I have Win7 64 Bit

This is the FIX that worked for me:

1 = Computer >
2 = Open Hard drive with steam library/KCD in it>
3 = Click Steam Library, then Steamapps, then Common, then open Kingdomcomedeliverence folder, then Bin Folder, then Win64 folder>
4 = Right click on KingdomCome application>
5 = Click on properties and then Compatibility Tab>
6 = At bottom where it says Privilege level, tick the box that says run as administrator, then click OK>
7 = Right click on KingdomCome application icon and create new shortcut/send to desktop>
8 = Make sure STEAM IS ALREADY OPEN AND DELETE ANY OTHER KCD SHORTCUTS>
9 = Click on KCD new shortcut and game should launch with no issues ENJOY THE GAME :)>
10 = YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE STEAM OPEN AND RUNNING BEFORE STARTING THE GAME OR IT WILL CRASH AGAIN ON STARTUP.

NOTICE = IT WILL STILL CRASH ON STARTUP IF YOU CLICK ON NEW KCD/GAME SHORTCUT WITHOUT OPENING STEAM MANUALLY FIRST, I don’t know why but you can not launch game and steam at same time through shortcut, will just keep crashing the game and say you do not have the game unlocked in steam…but the fix works as long as you follow my steps EXACTLY.

Goodluck, cheers and hope my fix works for you too!

EXTRA INFO = I don’t know if this makes any difference but I have the game installed on a different hard drive than my operating system. Just fyi.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, that’s work for me!

YAY AWESOME THANKS!!! Hope it works for others :slight_smile:

Bump for those with same issue still.

Ok Super Bump + pin it…

1 Like

Oh! I will test this later at home. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Did it work for you?

No. I tried it yesterday, but it did not work for me. Then I must wait for another fix. But thank you. (Sorry, my english is terrible. :smiley: )

I had since the beginning the problem that the opening of the game give me steam’s window “preparation to start the game:kcd” and it crash in less than one second.
I tried to do what you report, it doesn’t work because i have the message “not possible to launch the program: MSVCP140.dll not founded in the PC”. have to reinstall the game?

That means you are missing a microsoft update, Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Get that sorted and my fix should work for you. It’s a requirement for Cry Engine to do it’s thing.

This bug with Win 7 startup crashes has been fixed since last patch.

Now able to launch without opening steam first and no crashes at all on Win 7 :slight_smile:
GOOD JOB AND THANKS WH!!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Correction, it still crashes if you try to launch through steam but if you create your own shortcut from my instructions is launches fine without issues, whether steam is open or not.

So yeah for some reason is still crashes when clicking “play” on steam or using a steam made shortcut.