Game Music/Soundtrack

I think music should be in this game but only herd by bards

this is a nice idea, but when you play 20 hours and dont find a bard this could be a litte bit boring.

What is then the orchestra for?

That would be great. Actually Krless was my first though when they announced Live in-game period music.

Yeah thats true but if there is suppose to be immersion having too much background music could kill immersion but at the same time mainstream games always have music and music is a big role in games it sets mood of whats happerning it also does make the game slightly fun so yeah bard idea is like alright buy cant be one at every corner. But music should mute if there is one playing! :stuck_out_tongue:

iā€™am with you.
also if youā€™re on hunting, the music should stop playing so that you can hear every noise and you can locate your huntingbag.

I also pray for very good soundtrack. They used to work with MatuÅ” Å irokĆ½, very talented composer who made some good tracks for Mafia 2. But It is a question whether they will collaborate with him on this project as well.
However I hope they will hire someone fresh with new ideas, who will be able to compose music which fits the atmosphere of medieval Bohemia and combine motives from contemporary medieval music with some good symphonic score. They could also use motives from this choral, which is original hussite choral sung by marching army. Even though the events in the game precede the hussite wars, using it as a part of theme could be good base for future Kingdom Come games. Iā€™m fed up of those ā€œepic fantasy soundtracksā€. All sounds very same and boring, Skyrim included. Only soundtrack which attracts my attention recently was that for Whicher with really fresh approach, mixing Slavic and medieval themes. For example this track:

Nevertheless to keep the game realistic, the symphonic orchestra soundtrack will be probably just in cut scenes.

1 Like

I believe the first one is in the 4th or 5th civilization game, but maybe with a different artist?
I like the second one very much.

I donā€™t know if it fits very well for this game, but I always come back listening to The Reign of the Septims.

I wouldnā€™t mind hearing Whirling Pope Joans song ā€œffarwel i aberystwyth.ā€ I think it sound great in this video. Renaissance Combat From The 1595 Club

I think this music would be good for dungeons or in very desolate areas.

Hereā€™s a HD version of the CK2 one.

Edit, here is some more music from past games that I really like, Iā€™ll probably add more later.

AOE 2 Main theme:

Additional AOE 2 Soundtracks

Thereā€™s probably a lot of them that doesnā€™t fit because age of empires is a game that spans over many years in history, so just skips the ones you donā€™t like or doesnā€™t fit.

American Conquest | I want to play this gameā€¦ now.

Maybe I should find my original CD and extract the track from there, canā€™t seem to find a high quality version.
The game starts in the early colonial area, 1492. And ends in the American independence, therefore Iā€™m not sure if they fit with the game. Well hereā€™s a bunch of American conquest coming through.

American Soundtrack

French Soundtrack

British soundtrack

Spanish soundtrack

Russian Soundtrack

That is just the ones from American conquest I like the most, hereā€™s the whole playlist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54UX4Gvgo_Q&list=PL97D1799A9FE17E71

Iā€™ve mainly been trying to avoid the native American ā€œancientā€ music and the music including too much flutes or military drums but they are still there.

This is all I have to add for now, but Iā€™ll probably add more later.

in OST played by Prague filharmonic orchestra I hope :smiley: those guys record music even for big hollywood movies, and ofc some in-game medieval realistic music of bards and cristian chors, still I think it wont be so melodic for us, this historic music has different musical scales :smiley:

I hope the music will be epic :musical_score:

I like this one, but itā€™s more fitting to a crusades setting because thatā€™s what the lyrics are about. Otherwise text and melody are genuine and only from about a century before the timeline of the game, not much time concerning medieval pop-charts fluctuation I guess.

Oh and this is the modern version. Something like this would be epic for the credits. :wink:

I just hope for period music that also was listened by the common people not only the church hymns that are mostly in those ancient song books. I know that there is enough music like that and there is some great stuff out there.
And secondly I hope that whatever they do with the music that they use period instruments. Because that would make it a lot more awesome.

Thereā€™s a singer i like a lot for that kind of setting.

His name is Luc Arbogast, Here is some of his work here

This is a topic I am quite curious about!

I am not sure if this is the best thread to make suggestions. I would not mind Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, they are really good.

I also like Capellen orchestra, they are doing music for Star Citizen and if I am not mistaken @pedrocamacho could tell you much more about them. They are from Czech Republic as well.

I also recommend making some sessions with Arnulf das Schandmaul and/or Trollpferd and/or Rhiannon.

EDIT: maybe itā€™s even possible to share CIGā€™s Motion Capturing Studio once they donā€™t need it that much themselves for star citizen - it is also used for cryengine stuff as you know

1 Like