Game Music/Soundtrack

Hi,

sorry for starting Music topic in Story & Setting part, but i couldn’t find better one.

Question:

Does any body know the name of the trailer music theme ? Probably it was specially made just for trailer, but anyway i want to ask…also It would be good to have it in mp3 :slight_smile:

** Btw:**

It’s strange that thay put 2 stretch goals into music part. I wonder what would thay use for in-game music if the goal needed money wasn’t raised at all :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I propose the game should use proper historical middleage or renessaince music, because its so fuc*ing atmospheric, no modern soundrack can beat it.

Some examples of historical music:

7 Likes

More music of that kind:

3 Likes

Or something local - Krless - Ecce Torpet Probitas

Audiomachine - Warlords

3 Likes

Nice if they would use more of the middle choral bits.

6 Likes

I am movie/game soundtrack collector, so I am really looking forward to hearing what they decide to use for the soundtrack. I understand that as the rest of the game is supposed to as realistic to the time period as possible and that the soundtrack should reflect this.

But I would love to hear at least one theme along the lines of this track of the Diablo III OST ie. something that is almost completely choral and has a slow and haunting melody. :musical_score:

3 Likes

Those all sound excellent, thankyou very much for posting them. I too would love to hear songs such as those in game.

So am I and the best medieval game soundtracks I heard so far was from Knights of Honor and Crusader Kings II. I think everyone can use youtube to find it.

Edit: Okay gotta add my favourites

Really really awesome music IMHO. I love this dramatic music.

6 Likes

Historical music would be great for immersion and atmosphere. Epic music (like Two steps from Hell, just to name a band or a style) may be suitable for certain parts like battles, perhaps. But the most important tool for me is music volume (so you can lower it and play your own music when the soundtrack gets old, something that will happen eventually, unless they bring in an impressive amount of tracks).

1 Like

@YuusouAmazing: Those tracks are EPIC! Thank you for sharing them! :slight_smile:

@Lacerta: I’m pretty sure they’ll allow us to turn the music down or off, although I hope that, with two stretch goals solely based on improving the ingame music, their track list will take a good while longer to “get old” :wink:

1 Like

It would be nice if the digital soundtrack is available in FLAC too and not just mp3.

3 Likes

Yes, that would be nice.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: new track in my playlist :stuck_out_tongue:

The trailer music Warhorse uses is stock music, I don’t know who made it.

I’d really love to see a great musical focus, because the soundtrack can really make a game and is as important as many other commonly discussed aspects of development. One of my favourite game composers is Jeremy Soule, the composer behind The Elder Scrolls and the original KOTOR games along with both Guild Wars and a large number of popular games and films. It’d be heaven to see Jeremy Soule work on this project.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree, having Mr. Soule do the soundtrack for this game would truly be something special. However, it would have to have a very different sound to his other work (whether through use of different instruments or just thematically very different to his previous work) so as to not sound like you were listening to the Skyrim soundtrack while playing Kingdom Come haha.

Listening to the variety in Jeremy Soule’s different works (compare the instruments used from Skyrim and Morrowind and the differences between the soundtrack from TES series and KOTOR) I have no doubt he would be up to the challenge to fill Deliverance with great, unique and appropriate music.

1 Like

Looking at the 400k and 500k stretch goals I think they’ve already people in mind for doing the music and soundtrack. Also, this guy seems to do a lot of RPGs. Maybe, to keep things fresh and interesting, they should go for somebody else with another background to set some new impulses. New and different approach to RPG paired with new and different mindset to do appropriate music. :wink:

A good point. I look forward to getting a glimpse at the music of Deliverance in the future!