Game of Thrones Mod

With the 4th season out now I just thought I might post this.
I don’t know about anybody else but I would kill for a Game of Thrones mod. its a pretty realistic show and the books are fantastic. What do you think about this?

9 Likes

Yea, that’d definitely be cool to see. There’s no way modders would be able to fit the whole of Westeros into the available map space, but it would be nice to maybe focus on a particular part of the realm. Throw in two rival houses and you’ve got yourself something that could quite easily tie into the core KDC story line. I can see that having some potential :smile:

In the very moment I saw the trailer of Deliverance, I was completely sure that a great GoT and ASoIaF mod could be made out of this wonderful game. Still, it will be hard to do, but if someone eventually do it, I’m into it.
I don’t know why those silly license holders don’t commission a GoT game to Warhorse or Taleworlds or some other small, but honest and passionate studio. Instead they just give the game licenses to any random game maker, who obviously don’t even play games…

I really hope someone puts a lot of care and effort into making a detailed ASoIaF world.

I’d love to play as The Hound and bash enemies with my longsword :smiley:

Maybe they will add it as a DLC or mod after they finish the game.

Game of Shite … I’d rather see a “Vikings” mod. History Channel is so much better.

4 Likes

Knowing every single medieval themed game ever created in the history of the Earth, don’t worry, winter will come.

It’s not like we have to choose between the two of them. There’s no need to start a shitstorm just because you don’t like the show.

8 Likes

I came here to give my support to “Kingdom Come: Deliverance”, not to some run-of-the-mill fantasy mod. The game is still in the works and you want … a conversion mod?!
You’re better off creating a conversion mod for Skyrim … the dragon is already in there.
Here, let me help you; http://www.moddb.com/mods/winter-is-coming-a-mod-of-ice-and-fire.

I totally agree, this is a medieval game that people helped to fund because they are tired of all the fantasy games out there.

People coming here when the game isn’t even finished to say they want to convert it into something else are just plain insulting and annoying. Let me be annoying too - magic is for three year olds, grow up.

3 Likes

lol, there is no demand on developers for any changes, just little relaxed chat about possible mods. What’s wrong with that?

Kinda love these new diehard fans who feel obliged to express hatred against anything fantasy. :smile:

3 Likes

this really reminds me of the crusader kings II forum. Same thing there the Got mod gets lot of attention and people who don’t know it get angry having it thrown in there faces all the time.

But the thing is when your criticizing fantasy for being out of touch witch the real middle ages, ‘a song of ice and fire’ is kind of on your side. Yes it has dragons and magic but there not in your standard Fairy tale ‘kill all the bad guys’, action packed fantasy world. The dragons are in a more or less believable feudal environment and there isn’t a lot of them. The most part of the books is about stuff totally compatible with KCD. Obviously the parts of the series trailers that people most likely see tend to include expensive Scenes with dragons.

My reaction to the first episode was way is there all this magical stuff in this world that is obviously shaped like Britain and has ‘the Wall’ instead of Hadrian’s Wall? Why is this celebrated for it’s realism? But by now i have read the books and know better, considering it’s fantasy it makes lot’s of stories claiming to be partially historical look bad.So it kind of did make realism popular, maybe even enabling games like this. The Got Boom might also have encouraged the vikings series to some extent.

1 Like

It’s not like a mod would take away development time or anything, why are you so viciously against anything fantasy created by users? It’s not like you would have to play it, or that it would affect your gameplay in anyway whatsoever.

1 Like

Exactly, I just posted this so I could get ideas from you guys and to have an idle chat.

As you know, the game world is completely swamped by fantasy games.
I’m clinging on to the few realistic-feeling games out there (I occasionally play Total War with mods, DCS and IL-2), and feel a need to defend them.
I won’t deny you your fantasy pleasures, but there are other games and conversion mods in the works that fit the bill.
I also find it unfit (or like MJB put it, insulting) to bring up such a conversion mod at this point; why not invest in making the coming game more realistic by modding?

I understand your frustration, I think the reason we all back this game was for the realism. Again I just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were. Modding is something I think will make this game even better that it will be but like you said for right now we should just focus on the actual game.

1 Like

We don’t know how realistic the game will be to begin with. And again, not all modders are going to be working on the same thing, so there can be a Game of Thrones mod and an added realism mod independent of one another. There are lots of modders out there, there’s no reason they should all be working on the same kinds of mods. And as a fan of ASoIaF, I can say that the creators of the books and show try to keep the majority of the world fairly down to earth. It could be set before the events of the books, where there were no dragons, Others, or magic (mostly) in Westeros for hundreds of years. We’re not asking for the mod just because we crave fantasy, but because we like the series and think the setting would work really well in a game with these mechanics.

3 Likes

Just here to say i would immensely enjoy this

You are right about there being more than enough games set in fantasy worlds but that’s probably also because it makes it easier to give the player agency without contradicting history.

The Total War series has the most realistic battles that’s true but the concept of turning every period into a total war between 100% centralized national states, with very limited diplomatic options, doesn’t seem that realistic to me.

Problem with a realism mod is you can’t really write about what’s wrong with the game at this point and it’s kind a matter of opinion what would be realistic for this time frame. But differences of opinion of how a game should be like is exactly what mods are for. So a Got mod shouldn’t be offensive. Mods are customizations not patches.

dungeons and no dragons :slight_smile: