GTX 1080Ti (390.77 WHQL Driver), i7 7700k @4.6Ghz, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, SSD. 1440p Performance unacceptable. Framerate drops in the 30-40s. Immersion breaking NPC, Object, Textures pop in at max settings, brief load before conversations, Microstuttering

Hello there, My specs are as follows:
GPU: Nvidia ASUS GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16GB

I have no issues with the loading scenes, but the fps drops are killing me. GeForce Experience sets my settings at very high with some tweaks. While at these settings the game runs at constant 60 fps while I’m out in the open fields and forests, but as soon as I get into a castle/town/village the fps drops are insane…the range is from 22 to 45 to 55 with every turn of my head constant fps drops. Before the others start commenting try high settings, I’ve already tried all of them and the same thing happens on all of them, weridly enough the GeForce experience “very high” settings work the best…even in cities. There really is an issue with the optimization of the game and I’m sure they’re working on a patch to fix that.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie. A bit surprised tbh. I have an rx470, which is worse than a GTX 1060, and on HIGH setting with 1080p I’m getting like 70fps out in the open and 40-60fps in town. Try yanking down your settings just a little bit. make some tiny sacrifices. The shader’s ultra and high are not that different and give you a massive performance boost.

Ok so after watching Joker Production’s video about the performance on this game, I have decided to follow his suggestion of lowering “Postprocess Quality”, “Shader Quality” and “Shadow Quality” to High set everything else to Ultra High and set the Distance sliders to the default Ultra high preset. This has boosted the framerate by quite a bit but the problematic areas such as the grocer in Skalitz and a few other areas in the game still remain problematic. Patches are definitely needed

Here is the video

Jokerproductions saw drops into the 50s, 40s and even 30s when playing at everything Ultra High on his GTX 1080Ti so my observations are accurate.

Here are 2 more 1080Ti benchmark videos of this game, one at 1080p and one at 1440p:

Results are the same. Huge drops into low 40s and 30s.

So you guys who are claiming rock solid 60+ fps using weaker hardware, you guys must be on some well kept secret. I am speechless.

Lol as if your pathetic insults are having any effect. I am so heartbroken SirWarriant called me horrible names :frowning: is your life so miserable that you have to take out your frustrations on here? LMAO That’s it let it out “Sir” Warriant :joy::joy::joy::joy:

why don’t you just set it to the global “ultra high” present which will force every setting to “ultra high” including ALL the sliders to the appropriate level for what is “ultra high” and use that as your starting point, rather than move the sliders to the maximum which is beyond ultra high settings and is clearly something your PC cannot handle

2 Likes

Gentleman…how about a PM conversation for you two?
@scorpgul and @SirWarriant
Please stop it.,

1 Like

Dear Urquhart, I remained on topic. My SirWarriant there is the one who used swear words.

do you intend to spend most of your time as the “grocer in Skalitz” thus you require best performance in your Skalitz grocer shop, or are you actually going to spend most of your time out in the countryside rather than in Skalitz grocer shop or on here typing how the world is so unfair that people with well configured systems and less interest in a specific grocer shop in Skalitz are having fun at ~60fps out in the countryside?

1 Like

Nope, you’re just butthurt that the game actually runs well for people. Saying to every person who gets good performance “her dur you’re a liar” like a four year old isn’t staying on topic.

1 Like

Yep I did that after watching Jokerproduction’s video. I lowered “Postprocess Quality”, “Shader Quality” and “Shadow Quality” to High and am now using the default Ultra High distance sliders values

I Play with only a 1070, 8gigs of ram and an 17 6700k, not on ssd, nothing overclocked. I have MOST settings on ultra except like 3 or so and i have NONE of the issues described, im only annoyed by the loading screens infront of every npc interaction. There might be a certain setting causing your issues so try to tinker a little and you might find a sweetspot. The settings that i tuned down dont really matter quality wise yet apparently make a HUGE difference in performance, even avoiding popping and issues alike.
i’m on:
Ultra
Very High
High
Ultra
very high
Ultra
very high
High
ultra
high
ultra
very high
About 50% of the way
about 30%
About 15-20%
off

Try that and maybe raise it here and there the way you like it, i never drop below 50 so far even on my way lower setup.

1 Like

That grocer in skalitz actually is an indication of what the performance might be like later on during the game in more densely populated areas. That is why its worrying.

I lowered “Postprocess Quality”, “Shader Quality” and “Shadow Quality” to High and am now using the default Ultra High distance sliders values.

Yes performance has improved quite a bit of course but drops still happen. Watch the video JokerProductions made and he says that to him its funny that this game is so demanding since other than better vegetation, Witcher 3 for example has much better quality assets and that game performs very well, even modded.

1 Like

the grocer in skalitz is only indicative of the grocer in skalitz, its NOT indicative of even other grocer shops in other much larger places yet alone most of the rest of the map.

I’m not going to make a video for you or play stupid games with a child. Screenshot proof shall suffice. Unfortunately, I’m too far in the game to go back to Skallitz and have it be a decent graphical test so this will have to do instead. I’m actually starting to doubt you have the said PC and you’re actually just bawling for attention from your betters. I left the URL’s un HTMLd if you want to look at them in their original quality to verify for your own immature self.
New photo by Mathew Fitchett
–photos.app.goo.gl/yx1jLIJyH5AYyJnn2–
2 new photos added to shared album
–photos.app.goo.gl/U3e55VPJVcNkmu7p2–
The aptly titled album:
–photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMOqCHOr6dJ-h9YfP3GSf-BifM9VZo5FdYZ5H95H5Ch80PKBIXk9YCy87dR_LTI_Q?key=N1JDamZXSEdhai1XZFpwQW9uRHhGdURLTExuZnZn–

Cant remove my post… cant edit my post… must be 10 chara long. here you go… This forum is broken as the game. wtf :smiley:

" I’m actually starting to doubt you have the said PC and you’re actually just bawling for attention from your betters."
:laughing::laughing::laughing:You think I give a flying F if some random online poster thinks I don’t have a 1080 Ti, 7700k pc? I can validate very easily with CPUz and GPUz…

Your screenshots are of no use to me now after I have seen JokerProduction’s video confirming what I originally thought. All it took to get the game more or less butter smooth was the lowering of 3 specific settings to High and keep the draw distance slider to default Ultra High value. 3 GTX 1080 Ti videos and all confirmed the same things. That at Ultra High on every settings they all saw drops to 50s, 40s and 30s in some situations.

So you are better off deleting them and your posts altogether.

Never had to wait 2 minutes, but yeah, the dialogue scene should be instantaneous.

But hey, remember the shambles rome 2 total war was when first released, and that was from a seasoned company. This game is beautiful and brilliant despite the flaws, and is only going to get better and better.

Now that I have lowered those 3 settings to high, i am starting to actually enjoy the game. A shame that I was forced to lower some settings but I guess it will have to do until patches improve stability

im running 7700k with 980 ti classified 16g ram running 2k ult settings with max distant a few settings are on high 50-60 fps some 40 fps dips