GTX 1080Ti (390.77 WHQL Driver), i7 7700k @4.6Ghz, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, SSD. 1440p Performance unacceptable. Framerate drops in the 30-40s. Immersion breaking NPC, Object, Textures pop in at max settings, brief load before conversations, Microstuttering

Day 1 Kickstarter Duke (£120) backer. Played through Alpha and Beta.

GTX 1080 Ti (390.77 WHQL Driver), i7 7700k @4.6Ghz, 16gb 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit, game installed on Samsung 850 EVO SSD, playing at 1440p resolution, everything on “Ultra High”, all distance sliders maxed out, Motion Blur disabled and the sudden drop in framerate to 24-30 in the middle of town and at the grocers and low 40s at many specific areas is just insulting.

Also the shadow and NPC/OBJECT pop in at Ultra High with all distance sliders maxed out is hilarious and simply unacceptable. This is not something that should be happening at the absolute max setting. Cryengine allows us to control NPC, Object draw distance (Crysis 1 is the best example). Please let us manually use the commands that we were able to use in Crysis 1.

I saw a group of chicken literally spawn from a mere 25 feet in both Skalitz and Talmberg. As you cross the castle bridge from the castle to the village in Talmberg, the guards on the watch suddenly pop in, totally ruining immersion NPC hairstyle taking form in less than 12 feet, Jugs and plates magically fading in and out as I enter the kitchen in Talmberg while an NPC was eating… ultra low res grass from a distance that looks like cat vomit. NPCs appearing suddenly as if they were mages. I thought this game was supposed to be realistic without any magic???

i also notice some shadow and flashing lighting bugs, especially indoors. The first time I noticed it was at the Grocers in Skalitz, where the framerate plummets down to the low 30s

Also what is up with that annoying blurriness on everything when the character moves??? I disabled Motion blur but its still there…
EDIT:
It was the forced FXAA. thanks @agris for this post on how to disable it:

Upon disabling it, the vaseline blur is gone but the game is heavily aliased. Please implement in game MSAA without the blur for next patch.

Seriously Warhorse, I expected better from you guys as a day 1 Kickstarter “Duke” Tier backer. Those were the very issues people complained about during the alpha and beta…

There is a hidden gem under all those issues but the game needs some serious patching if it wants to be taken seriously and shine.

And to all Warhorse Riders out there, My rig is well looked after and optimised thank you and I play every single game out there at 1440p, max settings no problem. No stutter, no fps drops so this is a problem with the game. The Alpha was plagued with such performance issues and it seems you did not fix a lot of them…

EDIT:

After reading here how a few people were getting 60+ rock slid FPS with every setting maxed out, sometimes using weaker hardware, I did a clean driver install and it made 0 impact to performance.

So after watching JokerProduction’s video, which confirms that the game indeed has performance issues even on the GTX 1080 Ti:

I did what he suggested and lowered “Postprocess Quality”, “Shader Quality” and “Shadow Quality” to HIGH while keeping everything else at ULTRA HIGH and kept the Distance Sliders at the default ULTRA HIGH preset values.

That boosted performance drastically and now the fps dips are more in the 50s and on some rare occasions 40s which is still not optimal when you are using a GTX 1080 Ti but it Looks like this will have to do for now until Warhorse starts releasing some patches.

This is Digital Foundry’s PC Framerate test using 1080 Ti at 1080p, Ultra with some settings lowered:

He pretty much confirmed every single issue reported here and the settings he suggests lowering are the usual suspects. Draw distance also loads the CPU and the higher it is, the more microstutter! He reports drops to even 30s in cities. The performance he was seeing at a measly 1080p on a 1080 Ti was painful to watch.

He praised the visuals and performance on PC when compared to the consoles (Which my goodness looks like absolute stinking last gen crap LOOOOL) but the performance is bad and needs some patching asap.

The amount of pop in you see in the video is exactly the same pop in I see so now I know for sure the problem is not on my end. He confirms it is still problematic on PC though not as gross as on the consoles which looks like it has the lowest draw distance ever like MORROWIND lol.

Those of you on 980 and 980 Tis claiming 60 fps on Ultra settings, just Wow, i am jealous :frowning:

EDIT:
2 more 1080Ti performance videos showing unstable performance.

This guy is playing on a gtx 1070 at “High” settings and he talks about the inconsistent framerates everywhere in the game with the starting area being the worst. He also talks about the pop ins and how other games perform flawlessley on his card.

EDIT:
i have made a thread on Nvidia Geforce forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1038009/geforce-drivers/kingdom-come-deliverance-performance-issues-affecting-gtx-1070-1080-1080ti/1

Those of you with 1070, 1080 and 1080 Tis who are having performance issues, it would help to post there as well. It is starting to look like this might be a driver issue as I am noticing more and more people with 1000 series cards reporting the same issue while those with 980 and 980 Tis and even some 970s reporting smooth gameplay at Ultra.

5 Likes

Why would you expect better? it is their 1st game realese…

1 Like

The alpha had almost the exact same problem and that was years ago. It is not an excuse in 2018 anymore I am afraid. Those guys are not novices. In fact the team is made up of industry veterans.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but this should never be reasoning behind game running poorly

6 Likes

Also What is up with the irritating loads before beginning every conversation?

I have the game installed on SSD and I actually had to wait 2 WHOLE MINUTES before speaking to a guard.

Like WTF This is horribad…

3 Likes

I have gtx1080 i7 6700K and 32gb ram and i play on high setings 60fps without drop. The problem is not in the game

2 Likes

HIGH, not ULTRA HIGH and you have a gtx 1080 which is inferior to a GTX 1080ti…
Also what resolution??? I am playing at 1440p.

I refuse to believe you dont see any drops at all in the middle of town. Every single person with a 1080ti playing at ULTRA HIGH (NOT HIGH) is experiencing problems

In towns again 60 fps, maybe I have luck but i don’t get less than 60 fps

I refuse to believe that. Go into the Grocery store in skalitz in the tuitorial. My fps goes from 60 to 28-30 there alone. All the reviewers using a 1080 Ti have said the same thing.

No you are not lucky, you simply are not paying attention. It is impossible for someone with a 1080 to get 60 fps constant unless you are playing at a terribly low resolution and using less than ULTRA HIGH setting.

Are you playing at ULTRA HIGH with all distance sliders maxed out?

Getting drops of 28 , 45 fps using a 1080Ti at 1440p resolution in this game is not normal at all. That screams POOR optimisation. Warhorse needs to fix this as the performance is just like in the alpha otherweise.

i can confirm, solid 60 fps on high settings with 1080gtx.
but tbh i expected a better performance, at least very high on some points… nevetheless the grafics are awesome :wink:

1 Like

Maybe he expects better due to paying 60 bucks for it😮?? Just a thought.

1 Like

As I said, solid 60 fps

Never had this happen to me. Think, it’s a problem of yours not to be generalized.

1 Like

Funny, I am playing with a 970 and I know its limitations so I run at 1080p at high settings and it is running pretty good. I did notice that after reloading a scene a bunch of times (in talmberg) framerates went down considerably until I restart. A possible indication of a memory leak.

Still enjoying the gale immensely and hoping those issues will be ironed out in the next few weeks.

Sure some textures are feeling a bit odd and there is considerable pop in, but for a new studio this is pretty awesome.

I do wonder if the armor layering has occlusion removing hidden polygons and is impacting performance, but the devs are probably on it.

1 Like

I am sorry but you are talking out of your backside. Well respected youtubers who are using a 1080 ti are all complaining of the same issue. If you cannot contribute to the topic, please refrain from posting.

“Sure some textures are feeling a bit odd and there is considerable pop in, but for a new studio this is pretty awesome.”

You do realise that Warhorse is made up of industry veterans right? And that the game went through Alpha and Beta for years, giving them plenty of time to fix those unacceptable issues.

I backed the game from day 1 and spent £120, expecting something smooth and seamless, not a game that feels like it will have to go through months of patching to finally be ready

1 Like

i57500, 8gb, gtx1060 6gb, ssd, playing at 1920x1080 with 40-60 fps. Didnt encountered hickups or waiting time for cut scenes so everything works pretty well on my side.

2 Likes

Ah, i understand. The topic should have been called “Having problems with my rig y u no optimise properly”. Look, I’m sorry that you have a bad experience. But maybe other people have better performances, so I can’t understand why you name the topic in such a generalizing way. Oh well, I’m out here. Pat yourself on the back if one random gaming magazine is citing this thread because of CAPS in the title :slight_smile: Take care!

1 Like

What it is is that your standards are probably so low that you can “ignore” such blatant issues. You probably do not even monitor frames properly and cannot see fps dips. I would be worried if a person like yourself reviewed a game to be honest. Being a “baron” backer as well proves my point that you most likely don’t even care if the game is up to standards or not. “I got the game for cheap so whatever” Right?.

I already said goodbye :slight_smile: