GTX 980 Ti, i7 3770K, 16GB RAM. Massive performance drop & stuttering since 0.4. GPU usage does not exceed 45%

I haven’t noticed any issues. 0.4 actually feels smoother than 0.3 for me. I use the preset Very High setting for sliders, since I did not notice any visual quality difference when setting it higher, just some slight performance drop.

The game uses max 50% of CPU, but 80%-100% GPU.

I played maybe 10 hours, got only 1 crash.

1920x1080 running 35-50 fps, probably the camp is lowest.

i7 4770K@3.5
780 Ti 3GB
16 GB RAM

Hmm, our systems are identical and I do drop to 30 when near or inside towns. Can you please screenshot your graphic settings and also screenshot when you are in Fencing Camp and Merjohed with Afterburner/Precision overlay?

Want to see what your usage and framerate is like.

I haven’t really figured out to get fps in the afterburner overlay. So look at the right bottom corner for ShadowPlay counter. Graphics setting is just the vanilla Very High preset (with object motion blur). I haven’t adjusted any sliders.

I found basically two spots where the fps drops down to 30, always looking at the center of the camp. GPU usage is 99%.

I incidentally found two pieces of cloth with buggy materials (or maybe the invisibility cloaks).

There’s no problem in Merhojed, arriving in the village is slower since the area is loading, but still 35 fps at least. Just running around there gives me above 40.

Another sticky spot I can think of is the pub in Samopesh at night, the light is causing drops to 30 fps as well.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

One of the most fascinating things about Alpha 0.4 is that the performance at 640x480, at 1024x768 and at 1920x1080 is exactly the same, about 40 fps on Very High. Low preset just increases it to 50 fps. So I am guessing that the cause is Draw Calls (maybe competing with AI, or possibly geometry) since the GPU utilization drops from 99% (1920x1080) only to 50% (640x480).

GTX 780 Ti
i7 4470K

It’s very common for unoptimized games that graphic settings have very little effect on performance, it’s nothing strange.

Ok I just got a MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G and I DID NOT EXPECT what I saw.

Performance with the 780 TI was WAY better.

With the 980 TI, GPU usage is stuck at 45% MAXIMUM. Low-Very High makes no difference. The game is stuck at the same low FPS in the 40s. The GTX 780 Ti at loeast had 75% usage.

A lot of optimisation has to be done and I don’t even think the alpha even supports 980 Ti yet.

Hi Scorpgul!
I use an Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 2,83Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
and at the moment 4GB DDR3 on a Asus P5E3

(upgrade to 16GB failed because only 8GB are supported by the board - Change next week)
Although I downsized solution and details nobody could say I´m playing this game, it´s just a visiting.
Hope it will be better after RAM raise.
Update 21.09.15
Right Memory installed on Mainboard. 2x4GB Ram (instead of 2x2).
Now game running fluently on 1920x1080 and medium Details.

meant this as reply To DUKE. It seems like you already figured out that your rig wasn’t the problem, as you upgraded to 16gb and 980 TI. I find it hard to believe scorpgul and others that claim a “silky smooth fps”. Maybe they’re referring to feeling smooth fps because maybe they are locking fps to 30 or using vsync at 30. My version of “silky smooth fps” is 60fps fairly constant without screen tearing or stuttering though. I am not close to this and I think anyone who claims perfection on this alpha is delusional.

I have a i7 3770k clocked @4.2, 4gb gtx 980 SC clocked @ 1500, and overclocked vram as well by 400. 16 gb ballistix ram, samsung 500gb ssd. I am running this at 1080p and have tried adjusting nvidia control panel settings as well as all the in-game settings. I agree that adjusting in game settings from max to low only benefits by less than 10fps. overall I get 28-50 fps but usually averaging 40-45. and any turning, moving, seeing over a hill just drops it to 30. Every other game I own runs way better than this.

Long story short its not your pc. its the game and it will get better, it is in alpha and it is not a new game engine, so I know the engine has the capability to deliver. We’ll all just have to be patient and wait.

I also have a GTX 970 and i have no problems. I mostly get between 50 - 59fps with anything on very high including the sliders. Except a short moment after loading the game where i have about 30fps

What i had to do was changing the GPU fan to agressive mode to avoid overheating. But the CPU temperature went up to 80-90°C very fast (with new installed cpu cooler about 50°C) at 50-60% usage.
RAM usage was about 3.4 - 3.9GB

Settings

Low FPS after loading

Stable FPS after a minute

• I’ve made this pictures with lower resolutions to be able to switch fast between game and desktop applications. Higher resolution settings have almost no impact to the FPS rate.

Win 10
i7 4790k
ASUS Z97k
32GB G.Skill DDR3
512GB SSD
EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 4GB

[3]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1521oUiu6gYrUlvplHNjdCDoY7_OCUXhsm54B-25xl0I/edit?usp=sharing*used *used precisionX 16 and OpenHardwareMonitor

1 Like

Thanks @Apop85 and all the others :smiley:

Maybe @Hound or @SasekUprchlik should know about this thread, and decide what to do with this information. :slight_smile:

Recently I posted a similar topic: Deliverance very hard on RAM, doesn't use SLI properly

Deliverance clearly isn’t optimized in its current state. The devs promised to work hard upon making it better technically wise. So we should wait and see.

Exactly, optimization is something, that is being worked on hard. I am not in position to confirm anything yet, but it should definitely get better.

2 Likes

I honestly wish you could target 60fps for 1080p/high preset on GTX 970 for the final game. Something like Witcher 3.

Optimization might be one of the main improvements that will come with the Beta version. At that point the game might settle with much stable version of CryEngine that will be fully optimized for the purposes of the game.

So I downloaded the 0.5 update and as it stands, performance is just as bad if not worse than 0.4. Just received the e-mail about beta coming out in the next few months, so I think I might as well wait and hope for massive performance improvements. GPU usage is way too low and the constant stuttering even though the game is installed on SSD is starting to get very annoying. How is everyone else’s game performing since downloading 0.5?

GTX 980 Ti
i7 3770k at 4.5Ghz
16GB RAM
Game installed on SSD
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

@scorpgul Check with GPUz…are all PCI-E Lanes active???

Look here

Hi,
I also have massive issues. even on low i only get 10fps.
Problem is, i dont know why.2 weeks ago i played it on Win7, and i could play it on max settings.
Now i did an upgrade of my system,cpu,board, and win10, clean install.
Every game i own, and these are a lot, no problem at all :smile:
but Kingdom is unplayable.
see my specs below

6700k @ 4.7
gtx 980
16gb ram
win10

@faro06 check the link above…
And post a gpuz screenshot.

Hi,
Pls see below. Settings on High, 10-15fps, and even with settings on low, its the same, no change.

Thank you for the screenshots…

The Problem:
Your GPU (GTX980) is conected to your Mainboard with only one PCI-E lane.

x1 is worng…x16 ist correct

The GPU is more busy to copy data in the DRAM than calculating the Picture…
Well not really, but it’s a huge bottleneck! :wink:

This results in a high Interface and GPU load,

Why are other games running smooth?

This is related to the desing of KCD/CryEngine. This game Transfers a lot of Data “on the fly”…
Other games work differently

Solution / Fix:

You have to reset the Handshake between GPU and Mainboard.

(Example: GPU is with x16 connected)

• Be sure you mounted the GTX980 in a x16 PCI-E Slot on the Mainboard
  • Remove the GTX from the Mainboard and Mount it back in…
1 Like