Version 0.5, still performance issues?

Yeah i’m still experiencing some low framerates as will be seen in my upcoming gameplay video (tonight)
But I’m still loving the experience, although it would be 10x better if i could hold onto 25-30 frames consistantly.

I get around 25 fps, but what i have noticed vs a build in the summer, there is a extreme amount of popup everywhere, i turn around and i see the world being build up in front of me. Doesn’t matter if a put the detail range for objects and such on higher. Also noticed small freeze once every 10 seconds.

The only problem I can see on your PC n1salat is the amount of RAM. Could you run the game in a window and see in the Tasm Manager’s Performance tab how much memory is being used? OS usually starts to swap on HDD if it’s close to 80% of used memory to never reach 100% and keep apps waiting for more. If your HDD is slow (not an SSD), it could be the reason for slow FPS. Yes, we are currently eating a lot of memory and that’s going to be fixed later for sure. But for now you have to be either patient or just buy another 8 GB of memory. It’s cheap :blush:

1 Like

I just checked everything and nope - its not the RAM
I have 11 FPS in the Main Menu on low settings :frowning:

Today I had a similar Problem…
In the Camp my FPS going down to 8.6…

I found the Prob with gpu-Z… I got a huge “Bus Interface Load”…my GTX runs with 4x instead of 16x. PCI-e lanes…

Just checked it

seems not to be the problem for me.

Please click on Sensors

Then Play 5min and post a ScreenShot from the sensor Tab…

well I Think you run with only one PCI-E Lane… not enough for the game…

Look at mine…

Hello @n1salat,

which programm do you use for frames measurement?

Fraps, or Nvidia? Could you deaktivate it, and use the game intern (>Show FPS).

I have an AMD card, and if I use their tool, I have also a performance problem…

still lowest settings, only main menu

As the GPU is under full pressure, it can only be a gpu-z problem in displaying things.

@Blacksmith
i use the Nvidia Shadowplay. i will disable it and try it again.

thanks for your replys and suggestions!

Yeppp…your Bus bandwith is overload…

For some reasons, your GTX is running with the worng PCI-E Speed…

Perhaps it’s mounted in the wrong PCI-E Slot on the Mainboard…
What Mainboard do you have?

Sould look like this:

This defintly cant be the problem - no game would run then at all!

and as you can see in the screenshot i posted, the bus load is at less then 90%

I play a lot of hardware hungry games- like Arma, Squad and latest would be fallout 4 - and they all run smooth.

E:
just saw your screenshot… hm… i dont really know then. i cant explain why all the other game runs smooth (even if the worst would have happend - im dumb as fuck and placed the gpu in the wrong pcie slot)

@Blacksmith
I tried it without Shadow Play and its still unplayable - 7FPS

Your are right, but remember this is Alpha Stage…no optimatzion at all…
KCD is a ressources hungry Game (now).

Wait for @Woody or @Hound opinion… :wink:

I’m afraid I won’t be able to help here :cry:. Fingers crossed @Woody

Very good catch @Urquhart ! The number of PCI-E lines could very well be the reason. Our engine transfers a lot back and forth. Other games could have that very different. Even a test of other CryEngine games could be less appropriate than one would think as we are pushing CryE to the limits. Yes, we have to optimize, but as I said I have very similar PC configuration at home except the RAM (that’s obviously not an issue) and the game run smoothly. Could @n1salat run the game with the default settings (the “user_game” folder deleted) ?

1 Like

Ok… @n1salat let’s go for it…
I Think we found your Problem…
:grin:

Guys, where can I find my dxdiag? :stuck_out_tongue:

@Helmersen
If you have the same prob as @n1salat… please Post a GPUz schreenshot…

DXDIAG:
[WIN] + R then type “dxdiag”

Woody - thanks for the help!!!
as Soon as i come home, ill try it and report it ASAP

the user_game folder is inside the main game folder right ?
then yes, i deleted it already - as i completly reinstalled the game

its just strange, i went to bios and there arent event settings for the PCIE Express slot.
as i thought it might be some bios problem.

i will look again at the pcie slot again… but it would be really weird if that would be the problem… really had no problems so far.

By the way - my motherboard is a MSI P67A-GD53
i just tried to google some PCIE Express problems with the board, only found one where the board didnt recognize the whole pci-express slot beeing used.

Mine KCD is installed here: c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance
I don’t think reinstall of the game in Steam deletes it. Please verify it’s really gone.
Also, try to press the small question mark close to the GPU-Z PCI-E lines report and follow the instruction to start render test. It’s possible the number is not right without actual rendering to save power.

@Woody
Hmmm look at @n1salat screenshot Version 0.5, still performance issues?

First Part : loading game or whatever
Second Part: full load…(no power Saving)