Horrible Performance

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed by the game´s horrible performance.
I got an i5-4670K and a GTX1070 but at some points this game is pretty much unplayable.
I got everything on low/medium settings but in Talmberg, in Sir Radzigs camp in Merhojed and in the “Baptism of Fire” quest I have/had 5-19 FPS.
This is just embarrasing for a full price game.

1 Like

[quote=“Arny, post:1, topic:55089”]
his is just embarrasing for a full price game.
[/quote]people with similar specs have nowhere near the same issues as you. so i would look into your pc and se whats going on.

Is your monitor connected with the GTX? Sounds like you connected it with the internal graphic processor :grin:

Something you may want to try is moving the game to a mechanical hard drive if you’re on SSD, I agree it’s a shit fest in parts, for me it’s way better on a mechanical drive, basically I have to choose between unplayable streaming lag or some slow loading textures which arnt that common. But I still get the drops at nighttime with rain, torches too as everyone does it’s just some people can brute force the minimum fps is all.

I read that as well. I got the game on an SSD and pretty much checked everything. Dunno what else to try

There is a known issue that could cause These Symptoms. You can check it in this Post:

This Post is quite old but it can happen with the release Version too!

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with full price. And I don’t want they make a visual downgrade just to allow constant 60 fps on 2013’s 4-threaded haswell CPUs.

1 Like

I guess thats it. It says my Bus Interface “PCie x16 3.0 @ x2 3.0”
How do I get it to run on x16?

Check your Mainboard if the Slot is a 16x.
reseat the GPU Card… remove the Card from the Slot and put it back in…

Slot is a 16x. Reseating did not seem to fix it. :confused:

What’s your Mainboard vendor and type?

It´s an Asus Z87-K

Alrighty… had a quick read of your mainboard manual (found online via google search on the Model you provided, from the homepage i downloaded the manual…)

Good news is it isn’t a tricky mainboard to setup as mainboards go…
(eg on my mainboard if I plug drives into certain sata slots Ican’t use other bits of the motherboard).

Your motherboard has no conflicting areas that need to be turned off, it would seem…
Here are some vital bits… -I have tried to cut all relevant info from the manual that could be of ANY use… (and most of these can be skipped over… just here FYI)

nope- blast… not authorised file types (I do all my net via an old android phone) the screen cut feature must make for an odd file type.

Essentially you have 2 PCI-E slots for graphics cards… The top one (golden colour) nearest the CPU. This is your ‘fast’ slot. this should be an ‘x3’(third gen) slot and will run at x16 (speed).

The other option… the black slot with the same dimensions…(a couple of slots below),… will run at x4 (speed). if this is a version 3 slot at x4 speed it would almost be good enough to not bottleneck. (I’d use it if the top slot wont go faster than x2 speed)

Ihad hoped something in the manual would tell us to clear a specific slot in order to keep full operating PCIE speeds- but as nothing seems to affect them- we need to understand what has caused the issue.

Can be several things- Iwould hazard anything from an incorrectly seated CPU, to changing graphics cards and leaving BIOS fast boot mode (you want to have a slow boot when changing hardware so the mainboard can ‘catch up’ with what its using)

For now, from what Ican see… there is a BIOS option to turn off the integrated graphics card (don’t run in dual graphics mode)(unless you are running many monitors)(or need a seperate encoder for Steam streaming)… I doubt it would be the issue.

Probably start with reseating the card (turn off power/remove power cable etc) remove and plug in the card again…
If you have added this card recently and BIOS is in ‘fast boot’ mode; consider putting in normal speed boot mode and turning off power/ unplug power cable… plug in again and try.
A next step would be to clear CMOS, but I’d rather chat a bit before we do that)

Obviously before you go reseating CPUs (and having to rethermal paste the cooler), I’d probaby recommend swapping the card to the other card slot.

x4 speed on gen 3 possibly would prove not a huge bottleneck. (x4 speed on gen 2 would be!)
Use GPU-z (free download and doesn’t have to be installed); it will confirm. (gen and speed)

Ihad hoped something in the manual would give some leeway here (ideas to suggest),… but it is a fairly straightforward board.
I am tired presently … will reread after my morning coffee tomoz. :wink: wish you success (feel welcomed to PM me)

Just double checked… the 'other PCI E slot (black one) is only a gen 2. Gen 2 at x4 (its best speed), would bottleneck you.

We need to get the ‘gold slot’/top slot working…

Damn, thanks for doing the digging! I´ll have a buddy come over today or Tuesday who know´s a bit so we´ll try the reseating of GPU/CPU then.
I´ll let you know if it works!
Thanks again

My computer is recognized by game as Class 1 machine. Is class 1 the worst or the best? :smile:
AMD Phenom X4 965BE
GTX970 4GB
8GB RAM
One would say that such old engine doesnt need top tier HW to run on medium graphics settings without postcard slideshow :slight_smile:

Its not all about the engine, its what you do with it that counts :blonde_woman:, its running a modified version anyway . Its the quality of the gaming code used, imo under optimized. But im just a lowly peasant to question such things.

Got a GTX1080 and i7 4960X CPU with 32GB RAM and I got the same issues :smiley:

well not 5 - 10 FPS but it tanked down to 25 - 35 FPS in 4K I might add.

@Lancelot I don’t think this is the same issue…but you can check it with gpuZ

what should i look for? I know it’s in the correct slot if that is what you mean?