Head Bump at the best

Hey devs, I love your game and I’ve played the Alpha.
What I’m about to talk about is Head Bump, I know that what I’ve played is just an Alpha, but when I’m playing a RPG then I really want to live the game. And with that head bump is a excelent way to make the movement feel realistic.

We can take ArmA for an exaple, or DayZ. The head bump in these games/simulators are awesome. And the camera does not just go up and down, it goes a little to the right and left as well.

But the best with the head bump in this games is that you can sett it to the level of head bump that fits you the best. You can even turn it off if you so wish.

I hope this will make it in to the game.

// Will From Sweden.

My spelling is not the best so don’t even go there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very good Idea!
Made me think of Mirrors Edge which used these kind of things as well to improve the immersion.

They actually had to enlarge the houses and doors from the original (realistic) design to make the game playable indoors.

head bump as in shakey vision?

sorry, that’s not realistic or immersive in the least. it feels like a camera strapped to your head.

1 Like

Not skakey vision. I think what he means is head bob, which has been used in games for years now.

I’d really prefer an option to adjust it or turn it off, in real life the eyes and head are self stabilizing and track objects/directions so walking doesn’t bob your head much. Running on the other hand, can be different, but most games don’t get this right.

1 Like

And your eyes track objects/directions when head bob is in a video game too, most people don’t even notice at first when their games have head bob. I just like it when you doze off a little when playing, when your eyes don’t track anything, and the slight bob makes it more immersive.

I like the walking bob, but the running bob is really weird. Is he supposed to be slightly hopping side to side as he runs? That’s why I want it adjustable, so that people at least have the option if they find something not to their liking. Especially with the motion blur (Which should also have a setting), that plus fast bobbing is a good dose of motion sickness for some.

In these games, you can turn the headbob off. So if its optional, why not. I personaly dont like it too much.

I think its all a matter of opinion, but head bob isnt realistic because of the way the human eye works. We focus on one thing at a time, have you ever noticed when you’re driving down the road that you can only look at one thing at a time
and you go from tree to tree really quickly, but your eye is always focused on something? thats why this doesnt work, because then the head bob screws with the way you see and everything is constantly moving and its hard to focus on things, and this, atleast to me, is very uncomfortable and unpleasent. again though its just an opinion. And without third person, i might not even play it because i use third person alot in arma to get away from the head bob (i havent really checked the options to see if there is a way to turn it off)