Hiring merceneries/soldiers?

Hello ladies and gentlemen ! i’ve got some questions about the game npc interaction .
I saw it was asked in the FAQ but i didnt understand it well. Can someone explain to me ?

• Can i make large scale battles and sieges that arent quest-related(when not doing quests) ?
  • Can i hire an Army or some soldiers when not on a quest ?
    that covers it up . i’m really interested . Or maybe you can take companions with you ?
    I understood that you interact differently with every Npc but all in all it would be cool if you can take someone with you on your ‘‘adventures’’

I highly doubt it. It doesn’t fit what we’ve been told so far about the main character. Maybe he could have someone along with him from time to time, but beyond that…probably not.

2 Likes

This has been clarified by the developers already this is an RPG and is in no way a RTS. Only way I see NPC come along your side as FLASHFIRE mentioned ’ from time to time’ during quests or a companion but this is but speculation.

What you are talking about sounds more like mount and blade, I preferably don’t want to see a remake of a game that is already out or is in the making mount and blade 2.

2 Likes

Another user asked the same question a couple of days ago, and I’m going to quote my reply here:

2 Likes

I think I heard from Warhorse that due to the realism of the combat system, it will be difficult to fight several enemies at the same time (outside the battle). To be able to achieve some quest were multiple enemies need to be defeated it will be possible to have some NPC to help us.
Then I guess may be it is possible to hire them or build a friendship to have them as allies.
But I am not sure
Can someone confirm?

2 Likes

In the first gameplay you can see that Henry was sent to find the bandits as a part of a group. I guess this setting won’t be uncommon.

1 Like

No, you cannot systematically hire anyone. However you

1. will be able to aquire a dog companion
  2. might occasionally be given or proposed some mostly independent colleagues to solve a quest. After which they return to their own life.
1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.
So I guess some quest script will propose some companion, independent of the fact if they like us or not.
Fair enough as I am a lone wolf :wink:

1 Like

Hi folks!

I’d like to know the opposite: If the player may have the option to get hired by some knight or lord as a soldier into his entourage or worker on campaign. No matter if it’s in the main quest or in a side quest. I would really love to do this.

On the other hand side I doupt that the player won’t be able to hire a companion in some way. Could be a young boy as a squire to take care of your equipment or a housekeeper if you happen to own one in the later stages of the story. It could also be a wife like in Skyrim, of course. I guess what the developers meant by saying that there will not be strategic elements was that they will not implement a command system like in ARMA. I’m sure there will be possible temporary companions or maybe even permanent ones like in Fallout 3/ New Vegas, Skyrim ect. If not in Act I. then probably in II. or III.

At least I hope so. :wink:

Regards, Helge.

I think this statement is clear enough.