How much freedom do we have in game?

I’m just curious as to how much freedom we can have in game? Can we become a bandit, work at a pub, or possibly even attend a part time job as an apprentice to some smith perhaps? Just a brief basis would be suffice. :smile:

Not to be rude of course.

Keine Freedom. Full Monarchy!

This much freedom!

3 Likes

Im crying red white and blue tears right now.

I suppose I meant not so much government wise, but more how much can we actually do or become? Asm in how far can our job opprotunities vari, or how far can ourrelationships with others go

We can almost get as much freedom as America as but its hard to beat that much freedom.

Fair point I suppose.

Naturally, the answers you get will vary, as everyone’s opinion of “freedom” in games is different. However, I can offer my humble opinion, and see if that helps.

Will this be a “simulator” game where you can digitally mimic real life? No.
Will this game contain scenarios that actually happened in history? Yes.
Will this game allow the player to build his own custom empire and rule it as he sees fit? No.
Will this game attempt to restrict the player’s actions to those assumed to be capable of normal human adults? Yes (I believe).

In other words, when you read “realistic RPG”, try and think of that insofar as it means that there won’t be fantasy elements in the game (i.e. magic, mythical creatures, gods and demons, etc.), and the game will also touch on events that are actually recorded in history. Not so much “realistic” as in you must worry about basic body functions and building your house.

They’ve also mentioned that the player should be fairly free to alter their environment. Meaning, if you want to kill the blacksmith, you can… just don’t expect to be able to take over his job :wink:

Hopefully this helps :smile:

Well this game is based on ‘‘realistic’’ approach to the history and medieval times. How much can you achieve? Well, in medieval times, to become a knight, some pople say YOU HAVE TO BE BORN A ROYALTY! OR YOUR FATHER MUST HAVE BEEN A KNIGHT! But thats not true, a peasant could become a knight by simply saving the Kings life or proving himself on the battlefield, or doing something that helped for the victory. It could only be done by a Knight who has been accolade, It could not be done by a prince or a king who hasnt been accolade. Then you become milites nobiles, you automatically become a noble, you choose or get Coat of Arms and thats how you could become a noble knight in middle times. You could also be a JUST Knight without adoubement and it was very popular for after battles to accolade someone or before the battle because the ceremony was very costly, you had to pay for the feast, you had to pay for the church, new robes, the noble knight who would be dubbing you, he would need to get paid too, so not many knights had money for that.
I hate when people say, OHH YOU CANT BECOME A KNIGHT BEING A BLACKSMITHS SON OR A PEASANT OR BLABLABLA, well you can. Just read some history.