How the game starts

True, this is very old document. For example they have recently found that Henrys hometown was not burned down in the Winter, but it was in the Spring…

Yes, it´s from 2012; many things have changed. Don´t forget the Kickstarter campaign with the stretch goal 600.000£!

where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game.<

I would be surprised if we don´t see a beginning with much more action,…more than a bring beer quest :smiley:

I found the ‘bring a beer’ as a quick and quite ok introduction. Shit hits the fan right after that ( check that timeline… Women’s quest line would fit somewhere after ‘burying the love ones’ ).

I also remember that first mafia ( also written by Vávra ) had a slower beginning? … Which is fine by me… You get time to dive into the game and hopefully get upset when they burn your place…

But yes… I am completely aware that stuff got changed…

I haven´t more information (than everyone in this forum) and I´am speculating only…
Maybe I´am completely wrong, but it would be nice if WH handle with more than one timeline. When we see some flashbacks. …How his hometown was destroyed and he survived. And how the Miller´s daughter rescued him after all.
Flashbacks are often a good storytelling instrument.
(Yes/No)??? :smiley:

Of course we are only speculating here. The fact is that in that outdated document is mentioned that the first introduction
quest is more or less linear… So it could start branching later.

Flashbacks could work :wink: . In wither they did

1 Like

I was thinking it’d open with a cutscene describing what’s happening at the time. The year is 1403, the King is kidnapped, etc. Enter a scene of Henry’s home village, the war horn on the horizon as Cumans ride them down and slaughter people. Henry is clubbed (or some other blunt object) knocking him unconscious. Pan up to a forest overlooking that village. The Miller’s daughter was traveling to sell grain, but is now hiding in the trees watching the gruesome scene. Here begins the game.

1 Like

@TheKnightinBlack
Yes, that´s what I expect!!! Something like that. :smiley:

no, that’s lazy. warhorse’s current plan is fine, the events unfold around you.

warhorse’s current plan

What is that plan?

I was only aware that we play as the Miller’s daughter in order to save Henry from the Cumans while his village was being attacked, his parents being killed and him unconscious, to which she drags him away on a cart and she buries his parents after the Cumans leave.

yes. therefore an overarching framing device from an omniscient narrator describing the civil strife that henry has not yet encountered would seem odd and from a story telling perspective at least, ruin the dramatic moment.

in the initial draft we saw, i think it’s the right idea. player comes into this world with an idea and a background. he is given time to both familiarize and set the tone. there’s also a scene with kobyla that gives the scene we saw from e3 some context.

he is described as suspiciously nice. again, i have to hand it off to the direction and writing. that was the first though that occurred to me when i saw that character. so i feel warhorse is doing it right and effective with the direction of the story.

omniscient narrator

I was more thinking the official voice actor for Henry would open up with the narration.

i feel warhorse is doing it right

I agree. I was merely adding my two cents (or two nickels, as Canada has discontinued the penny)

1 Like

What is this for a scene? Can you describe it? I haven´t seen this (I wasn´t at the E3). :smiley:

I believe he meant that kickstarter prototype stream…

yep he is probably talking about the first stream of the game

Mate then this games sucks because i want to make my own story i do not want to play the same game as others i want to make my own group and own banner and own village.

1 Like

Sounds like you want the style of Mount & Blade then, which is not what Kingdom Come is trying to be.

1 Like

Your entitled to your opinion.

You may want to look into the development of Mount & Blade Warband, KC:D will not be catering to these features.

2 Likes

Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord should be comming out next year.

1 Like

Lol hahahah super fail.

Its fine we will just say I was Trolling the Troll.

1 Like

With comments like that…you Rafael, are a douche.

That is all.

1 Like