How to escape from starting town without dying in the process?

Strange, I made it in my first try without any issues and with plenty of health remaining. I will try to re-play the tutorial, so I am curious if it is any harder…

1 Like

Same, i found it to be really easy . I was worried because i tryed that part olny after reading this post. Thought i was gonna die ten thousand times, but nothing similar happened.

I FINALLY figured it out after trying many, many times. I wasn’t actually galloping - I was cantering. It’s very confusing, because this is the first time I rode a horse as a player, but there are really three speeds - a very slow walk, cantering, which will get you to the fork in the road every time before dying, and galloping, which is really fast. The trick is to gallop and then every so often, when the horse gets tired (and visibly shakes its head in displeasure), slow down just a second or two, which is enough time for the horse to regain quite a bit of stamina. You’ll make it after a minute or so of galloping.

OMG… for real? I wouldn’t even admit to that… LOL

I have incurred the same issue guy44. Double tap the left shift key… hold “w” and double tap the left shift key… I have done this in many variations over and over again, reloading the game over and over again. The green bar, for the horse, never drops down and again, I have to start over again. My question is this, you said you figured it out. What exactly did you figure out, and what were the key strokes that you made in order for you to survive? I really want to move forward with the game, it looks fantastic.

Are you continuing to hold the key after double tapping? For Xbox it uses the “B” button to engage canter or gallop. So I’d double tap b and continue to hold it along with forward to gallop.

However you can canter ( middle speed) by simply holding B and no input on direction, your horse will just canter the direction it’s facing.

Well after being here a while I’ve seen people report bugs that I haven’t come across and I’m now in the end game, so I think this issue affects different set ups and systems, it’s a genuine problem that some players are facing so rather than scoff at them it’s more ‘community’ to try and help. My advice is the same if you have this problem drop the mouse and use two hands on the keyboard, you need to keep moving and use the keyboard to steer your horse and hope you don’t get snagged on the fences/bushes etc and take the curves in the road to proceed as quickly as you can.

How can a developer program a tutorial, where you ride the horse for first time and get shot all the time.
This is ridiculous, real bad work!

This is my post about getting geared in Skalitz
And This is me killing those horseman that chase after you.

There are always more ways to do things in this game lol. I had some fun surely, but I’m at the point of just going crazy and teasing the game to its core

So this is like the only moment in the game where I did it on my first try. Not even sure how I managed that. Did no weaving, just full speed ahead for most of it.

That is weird I did the prologue many times and never died on that part, sometimes you get hit more sometimes less but I never died, you can buy clothes btw before that scene but I’m not sure if they improve your armor.

I play on PC but use the steam controller. I basically had to experiment with different patterns of double tapping B to get it to work. I dig the game but there are some interface issues (ignoring bugs because those are inevitable in an ambitious RPG like this) and simply having gallop mapped to a different button would help those of us whose set up, for whatever reason, had a hard time triggering galloping.

I too had a hard time triggering galloping… did something… not sure what, but made it to the next town. Apologies for not informing you as to my platform. It is PC. and Mouse, Nothing special. It would be nice to see if one is at a canter, gallop or full out run some where on the screen.
Thank you for the help. Will come back to post with more questions, I am sure.

(OMG… LOL…) Are you 7 years old. ? Try to act like your picture.

1 Like

Dont mind him… look at his post. He gives absolute no real input or help. He is just a troll kid with no IQ to help with

maybe try Slalom riding :wink:
I’ve did it and escaped successfully :smile:

Indeed. How can the dev code a hard core realism game where you play a peasant blacksmith teenager who:

1.had never ridden a horse in his life (per tutorial) and
2.took an arrow above the knee and yet
3.managed NOT to get unseated from his horse — despite having a realistic riding skill of ZERO? :joy:

#WHForTheImmersiveRealismWin

I am in the same boat of waiting for the cheat codes to show up on the net so I can advance this quest or have GOD mode. I have followed all of the suggestions, galloped, weaved from side to side. On my most lucky tries I merely bleed out farther down the road than normal. Yes-- I using the PC version. But hope springs forth, and I will try again and perhaps have the bragging rights to having failed this quest 73,273 times.

Have you watched any YouTube tutorials to see what you’re doing wrong? It’s perfectly plausible that it’s bugged for you given it’s current state, but I mean you literally only have to hold 2 buttons to get past this bit?

Well i killed th first cumand took his gear. Not easy and very hard… dont do this took me some time and luck.

Sprint until to 20% ish then let it recharge to 50 and sprint back to 20 ish and keep doing thise even while in your horse. When picking a horse skip the first one. Press Whistle to stop threasa from bejng raped. Go to the with the name ohena or something she is butterscotch with a blonde main. She is faster and has more stamina than the 1st horse.