How will the alpha be distributed?

What service will the game be downloadable from? Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but it seems like a pretty big deal…

1 Like

I think from steam …

That seems problematic in that steam is not selling the alpha, unless warhorse releases the alpha on steam as an early access game. I feel that us pre-steam backers should get stuff that others don’t, because backing before the alpha hits steam seems essentially useless if they are going to get the same things we’re getting… at the same price…

you can activate things on steam without it being available for purchase from steam, from what i understand

Ah, good to know! But what does steam gain from this ? I’m assuming they charge a fee to host the downloads I guess…

it was mentioned by one of the team on here before …they will send out codes that you will then activate on steam and bobs your uncle you have the alpha

1 Like

You will get a code that can be activated. So only the backers can see the alpha in steam actually

Where do you get the code from? Email?

dont know if thats confirmed but most likely yes

Alpha is going to be released after the kickstarter reaches 2 000 000 dollars.
I base this information on useless speculations in my mind with no factual support what so ever.

Daniel tweeted about new video update coming next monday.

Maybe we’ll get new info then. Who knows…

1 Like

I insist on historical accurate delivery methods - that’s what this game is about after all…
steam is going into the right direction, but still too modern - horses probably

10 Likes

You sir deserve more upvotes :smiley:

video update next monday?
thought it was going to come this week…
but I dont know how much work it is and how everythings going
and I guess warhorse is trying to release it as soon as possible
I just wait then and get excited

or birds, i´d be ok with that…

Crows!
Scratching your windows with CD glued to their other bird paw…

Hope from steam …

steam is confirmed
you will get a code so you can activate the alpha.
like said ealier in this topic

Hey :slight_smile:

Does anybody know if we can access the alpha release even if we’re waiting for a final console version of the game ?
Would’nt it use our “backer right” for a PC version as we’d get an activation key ?

Thank you,
Flo

yes you will be able to download the pc only alpha even if you’ve backed for a console version.
they also said it in their last video update

Have they announced the PC requirements yet to run the Alpha? I’ve not played a game on PC since I played Second Life years ago. :confused: don’t hate