Hunting Animals-Let's Make it "Realistic"

Hello guys,don’t been here for a while,hope you guys are doing well. So let’s say i have some questions or whatever. I just watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (the one with Keven Costner) and the scene where the boy is cornered because he’s accused of killing the King’s deer struck me. I think this is REALLY awesome idea for game,some nice thing that can add to the game. You need permission,you can’t just walk in and kill animals,you need to do some quest and get premission.

There could be a combination of the two, perhaps. Depending on the location, the woods around a particular castle might be restricted to having a license you’ve paid for to hunt a specific type of animal, or some other form of permission given. Other places might be more open to random hunting. There could even be a hunting party for something like a boar.

But, if it ends up a matter of making the hunting mechanism too complicated, I’d rather it just be left open entirely instead of costing them time and effort to account for all the possibilities when it comes to rules and restrictions.

I don’t know exactly the hunting laws of that part of Bohemia at the time but given the examples of other contemporary places you might be forbidden to hunt “big” animals like deer or boar. That was usually a privileg of the nobility. Peasants and common folks could only hunt small animals like rabbits, birds or beavers without breaking the law.

I would expect that because that’s how it was. All wildlife belonged to the owner of the land.

i agree that you should need permission also does anyone have a list of animals tht will be in the game? all i know are sheep,bunnies,cows, chickens and boars but i did hear word of wolves and bears

Hmmm, hunting high game should be very difficult to be hunted legally by Henry the main char, since that in fact was only allowed to the Nobility at that time. Landlords could be quite pissed if someone killed their deers, boars and so on! As a consequence an evil Lord would punish his servants with forcing them out of their homes or even sentence them to death…
If Henry enters the lower Nobility by becoming a Knight, a friendly Lord maybe could invite him to a hunting Party.

I would guess the following: You save someone’s life (e.g. of a landlord or aristocrat) and as a reward you can take other creatures’ lives (means go hunting). Maybe it’s also part of a sidequest to hunt the ruler’s animals and hopefully not get caught when doing so. This could also lead to random occurrences, when someone sees you hunting and reports it to the authorities. Or the authority himself is going to hunt you down… so many possibilities. I quite understand how difficult it is for the time to find the right portion of features and realistic approaches.

Continue in this old topic about this

1 Like