Hunting/Combat system

Hunting

- Maybe add a wind indicator to the game to make huntig more challenging. I dont think that it is a immpossible feature. (it has not to fit with the actualsimulating wind, just a average random fictional wind direction).

- Concentrate on animal AI. Make sure that the Animal can detect you on 50 meter if you dont use terrain covering and if you come on false wind direction.

- If you hit a animal you have to follow a very spare blood trail and sometime you have to search it longer then 20 seconds.

- Add a realy huge wildlife area (maybe 2km*2km). This area only need forest and it will not very increase the effort. The players will get more freedom.

I think this isnt impossible because there are much low budget hunting games which have this features. Some peoble will say it isnt a simulator itā€™s just a game, but I think it makes no fun if you only have to click and the hunt is successfully. A game with a innovative meele combat needs a innovative and challenging hunting system. A realistic hunting system. If someone want a easier hunting system it should be possiple to manage this in the difficult options, (animal detect you only in lower distance)

If the hunting system is complex enough and has a solid realism you can make more mini quests (trophys) (execute the monster bear) (hunt to eat).
You satisfy the corner who says your map is too small without dissapointing the corner who say map density is more important (The main area map density remain).

Combat system

-Please add a ā€œturn arround attackā€ and few grabbeling scences. I know it is difficult to implement this in the combat system. But its possible to add a Killcam (first person view).

If you sometimes takedown a enemy and kill him on the bottom it would increase the immersion and would increase the feel of dynamic and realism. I think the effort isnt that much that it sounds like.

You have a own mocap studio and each weapon has 2000 or more animations. This killcam animations would give us more realim and more immersion without a huge effort and without decrease the fun of play. If someone hate the idea you can switch off in config or options.

-The animation when you get a hit from your opponent isnā€™t good I think. Why should a man who was hit seeing blood?

The most common which man see in those moment is blurred. I think it is more realistic and give us more immersion.

-Let capitulate some enemys if they have no chance.

-add a low inertia (walking running turning) and the immerson would be improve

What do you think what things have to fix? What do you wish in game basics?
Sorry for my bad english.

4 Likes

some of those things are already planned.

as for turn around attack? ummm, you can already turn around, whatā€™s the problem here? or are you suggesting some hollywood sword thrusting backwards nonsense?

2 Likes

Yes I mean a attack during a turn. I was boxing for 2 Years and there are also moves you make a fast turn and hit your opponent with your right outer fist. I dont mean a Hollywood move, I mean unexpected strokes during your oppenent is in the defense stance. ( With a twohanded weapon impossible).

Ok that is nice to hear, hope that the planned things will be implemented.

Yeah, we have some of your ideas already in our game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speaking of the wildlifeā€¦ I think if the deer get too close to the crops or something, somebody ought to chase them off. They can be a real nuisance, sometimes.

2 Likes

Watchdogs could manage this. :smile:

Bear and Moose. Natureā€™s real monsters. Would be great to see or run into these things in the woods or by the creeks. Have to say I came to this game for the combat but am more digging the feeling of immersion of ā€˜whats beyond that treelineā€¦ā€™

That and Bear do mocap.

I am not really sure if there were ever moose in Bohemia.

Ok after consulting wikipedia it looks like European moose is called elk and during the time of the game was hunted to extinction and was reintroduced only in last few decades.

The wildlife here consist of boars, roe, red and fallow deer, lynxes and than other smaller animals. In 15th century notable animals would be wolves, bears and apparently dwindling population of elks.

Regarding bear mo-capā€¦ I am trying to be reasonable, but my mind is going around with it is bear mo-cap it would be awesome, and I would need to see also the video of the bear in studio wearing all the mo-cap dots.

Yeah maybe like in Far Cry. The bear charging looks awesome.