I Hate to be a Fart But

I just think I can’t see this game lasting through the forseeable future unless the modding community really kicks up, with RPGs that will supposedly change the whole game like Cyberpunk 2077. And whatever Bethesda is going to try and persuade my wallet with. Not to mention Bannerlord which if releasing at the same time could make this game completely disappear if it’s charging less than $60. And Deep Silver really haven’t been doing well recently with titles like Homefront: The Revolution and their most recent flop Agents of Mayhem. If this doesn’t sell enough we’ll probably see this game and it’s developers get swept under the rug before they can even get working on what they want to do.

Alchemy? Are you trolling at this point or have you not bothered to do basic research into this game? This game features an amazingly in depth (and fun) Alchemy system, that neither Skyrim, or the Witchers alchemy system holds a candle to.

So your grand total is two features that Skyrim and the Witcher have over KC:D?

Except you haven’t made a convincing argument. You’ve shown that you lack very basic information about this game, and you claim that 60$ is too much, even though other comparable games charge the same.

Deep silver came in very late to the game, I find it pretty unlikely they had much say in what the game featured content wise.

1 Like

Well have you been paying attention to this game you love so much? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWqCew1g-A

In this dev update they say that they’re abandoning the alchemy system.

Yes, those are two features that have been around since 2012 and this game couldn’t manage to fit in. If it can be compared to games that beat it to the punch 5 years ago, I doubt it’s going to be popular with a mainstream audience and the only people keeping it alive will be modders.

Time stamp please?

2 Likes

Deep Silver have been around since the kickstarter, I can not recall which video, but they mention going from publisher to publisher trying to get someone to pick their game up and then deep silver did, and they didn’t even have enough cash to back it that they had to make a kickstarter.

No they have not. They signed with Deep silver in 2016, the kick starter ended in 2014

First time Deep silver was ever mentioned.

3 Likes

Yeah, there is literally nothing in that video that would even hint at them dumping Alchemy, they even showed it during the video.

3 Likes

My bad, I mistook 8:40 where he mentions alchemy as being difficult for it being abandoned. It is still less in depth than The Witcher 3 however, just mentioning that as you claim it’s more in depth which it’s not. It’s just a cookbook.

If Deep Silver signed on in 2016 then who was their publisher they mention before then which helped make them the kickstarter? I can only assume it’s deep silver, because from what I know now (Not your 1.1k days of knowledge) I don’t know who it could be, give me a hand?

Could you please quit getting salty and maybe be a bit more pleasant to deal with? If the rest of the fanbase is like this well fuck me the game’s gonna be dead within weeks.

Ive played both systems. KC:D is by far more in depth, realistic, and enjoyable.

They didn’t have a publisher help them out. There was a private investor, who owns mining companies in the Czech Republic. The publishers rejected them, which is why they went to Kickstarter.

How exactly am i being salty? Ive been nothing but polite, and patient with you.

2 Likes

On Wikipedia: I know don’t judge me but I’m not gonna look through google for 16 hours.

It says they signed on with a “Private Investor” this could’ve been Deep Silver and they just didn’t announce it, I don’t know much about the video game development scene but that seems kind of weird. Or it’s a private investor and they switched to Deep Silver down the track.

Penning for the loremasters thoughts here.

No I’m positive it wasn’t Deep silver.

This is the private investor who put up the first million.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/zdenek-bakala/

2 Likes

Dude, just stop it.

Private investor is Zdeněk Bakala, czech businessman. He provided funds to start development, with condition - KCD had to succeed on kickstarter, otherwise no more money would be provided.

Deep silver is NOT financing the game, it is mainly DISTRIBUTING it. As such, they have very little word into game development itself.

Alchemy in this game is sooooo much better than in any other games you have mentioned, that its ridiculous to even claim something like that.
Lockpicking and pickpocketting minigames are also incredibly fun and well done.
There is no weaponsmithing, but sharpening and repairing minigames are so much more ellaborate then anything I ever saw, that its mindboggling why nobody did it before.

Witcher 3 did not have stable companions neither, nor it had stealth+stealing mechanics at all, so what the hell are you babbling about KCD not having enough features? Not to mention that skyrim had those features, but they were hillariously underdeveloped (how many times you got stucked inside room by your companions? How fun is alchemy, when you just click on things in inventory? How well works stealth when it barely takes in account sound and is just visibility check? How well is done pickpocketting when its just “press E to pickpocket” with paused time?) All of this is much better in this game.

Story is approximately 30 hours, + shitload of hours for sidequest and explorations, there MIGHT be 60-100hours of gameplay overall as stated by Dan Vavra.

And there are NO ACTS anymore. KCD is complete, standalone game with very long playtime and complete story. IF it is success, there might be sequel, which will have story based on planned act 3 - but no more acts right now.

There are currently no CONFIRMED DLC, there are rumours that some things might be added as DLC (like female hero storyline), but nothing is confirmed yet, and payment/distribtion models were not really mentioned at all - again there are only rumours that backers will get DLCs for free (as they now get preorder bonuses aswell).

Also please note that only thing separating KCD from AAA title is smaller budget and rather short development time for new studio. In most other aspects it definitely feels AAA - and when it comes to gameplay systems (reputation, sneak, stealing, minigames, archery, fencing, player stats, AI, settings, world building, save system) its borderline revolutionary in every one of these aspects - because everything works just like you would expect it to work in real life.

Any other questions?

9 Likes

I hate to burst your bubble but three acts were never intended in the first game and not for $60. It was going to be a release of act 1 then act 2 later and then finally act 3, all separate acts. To get the first 2 acts was $125 on Kickstarter which included other bonuses as well.

If anything you are now getting more content for the same $60.

I love when people point to the Witcher as if it wasn’t $60 at launch and I guarantee most of you snapped up the DLC ($35) as well. So $95 in total. It was nice of them to give out some free dlc though.

Just my $.02

3 Likes

OP, has run out of replies. Me and him have been pming each other, and he asked me to pen a message for him.

He understands the situation of the game, and publisher, and the situation with him thinking Alchemy was removed, was an honest mistake. He can still see the replies, and says if anyone else has information on the game relevant to the thread, he’d be happy to read it.

2 Likes

No problem. If you have doubts just wait for game test of the final game any maybe for some play throughs.

Wow, this must be the most uninformed OP i’ve seen here for a while.

1 Like

Either that or he is the worst and least funny troll I have seen so far.

1 Like

I did fail to read all comments

This is why I have stopped participating in discussion here. Wild guesswork and uninformed opinion covered liberally with fantasy and twisted into complaints. The internet world citizen has become mainly a creature that believes firstly that declaring disappointment in advance of events is valid or interesting, and secondly that actually seeing what a finished product is really like is just a waste of time.

My belief is firmly that in any endeavor that I undertake, I be given the opportunity to fail. But do not punish me for failing until the task is completed.

All time it was SirWarriant trolling you. Forum would be dead without him.

1 Like