Ingame Nudity ?!

Just make it possible to edit so I can play the game when my kids are in the room.

I don’t think people would go around naked in public places just like that, so that’s not really a concern

And i don’t think that nudity should be the taboo that is, but that’s just my point of view.

And we are back to the question:
Why is nudity unacceptable, but killing is not?

And this topic is just going in circles. The devs have already relpied:

You will NOT be able to:

strip naked living characters via thievery
strip naked dead characters
strip naked yourself in the inventory
But this does not mean there will be no nudity. When (and if) you or any other person have sex we will go for decent realism, which includes nudity if we see it fit. Dtto for other scenes which naturaly contain nudity. This does not mean though that we will shove sex in your face like, for example, The Witcher does (however natural it felt to the the world of Witcher). Most probably all of such scenes will be optional or will be a natural outcome of the behavioral systems we use.

I think were all adults here, I would say nudity is fine. It just has to be done in a respectful manner.

1 Like

I really don’t see a proper purpose of nudity, it’s a 1st person game and as long as you want to play it and not watch the character customization screen all day long, there’s nothing to worry about. referred to nude npcs, I don’t know if it is worth the view or the trouble if you watch the millers wife having a bath in a lake, hiding behind a hedge. :wink:

livestreamers are no different then youtubers, they are also not going to play a game that warns about nudity withought first toggling nudity off. if they do they diserve to be flagged

also does anyone know the origin of the word , Boob?
B is the top view
"oo" is the front view
and b is the side view
thank your local geniuses for the invention of this word

1 Like

ah one more then im off , im the hero this forum needs, not the one it deserves

A family is at the dinner table. The son asks his father, 'Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there?

The father, surprised, answers, ‘Well, son, there are three kinds of breasts. In her 20s, a woman’s breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her 30s to 40s, they are like pears, still nice but hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions’. ‘Onions?’ ‘Yes, you see them and they make you cry.’

2 Likes

All new contributors to this thread
I know you probably won’t read this, but if you happen to read the last post (which this “currently” is) I would say read the thread. you will see all the debate for and against. I’m not saying you won’t contribute to the debate in someway, but likely someone has made your point. To show your support for whoever’s point is that you agree with simply click on the little heart. There is no need to post anymore. I assure you after reading half of the thread you’ll likely lose the desire to post anyhow. I would greatly appreciate this kindness as it has been pointed out the debate is now coming full circle and we who are many and have been here since the start would appreciate our comments not to be over looked or to be rehashed.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Yours truly,
and Yours Forever

The Lovable Bi-sexual (Naked)Bard

Madaras

2 Likes

Sure, nudity is cool whenever it’s appropriate for the situation.

Its about the immersion. If the nudity isnt necessary for the game. Why to implement that just for the sake of it. But if it actually helps, I dont want them to be scared of public opinion (I’m looking at you US). Your family is not ok with nudity in games, what about killing, murder, gore, bad language, torture etc
 Is your family ok with that ? Its only about the standards and the hypocrisy of what is considered normall (or ok).

2 Likes

Great idea! It should be there.

If they want to keep an M rating, the nudity will be very limited if any.

Oh not quite, there are certain things they can’t show: Like an erect penis, but you can show full nude characters with an M rating: Witcher 2 did it for female characters and GTA IV showed a full nude man while V is showing both nude male and females.

Never played Witcher 2. I think GTA V is pushing that M rating a little farther every game. Then again I know there are people under the age of 17 that have GTA V so in the end that M rating does not really matter. If people want the game they will get it. They can get away with some nudity, however I don’t think this game will have much. Besides stripping your character down and streaking or possibly bathing. Did not hear there were any brothels in the game. You might get lucky with the chick that saved you in the begining but I can’t see much more than that.

The most simple choice would be to have nudity in the game, but when you get the game and start it, the nudity is automatically turned off. You must go into your settings and turn it on for it to take effect. That leaves younger kids who buy this game(Who say they are 18) from seeing something unless they learn how too.

I must just log in to say how I laught about that post that guy complained about nudity because his son may be in room when he plays, but he actually isnt disturbed by fact that he will be chopping heads of there. I am not sure if it was troll, real, or out of my league but kudos man, you made my day

I don’t see why this shouldn’t be possible. If people react more or less realistic to my character being nude I should wear something anyway if I don’t want to get killed or getting rushed out of town

This. Two words, mate: Immersion.

1 Like

“I can describe an axe entering a human skull in great explicit detail and no one will blink twice at it. I provide a similar description, just as detailed, of a penis entering a vagina, and I get letters about it and people swearing off. To my mind this is kind of frustrating, it’s madness. Ultimately, in the history of [the] world, penises entering vaginas have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure; axes entering skulls, well, not so much.”
George R.R. Martin
P.S. There even won`t be sexual intercourse implemented. Is being who we are scares us so much? If we are worrying about younger generations - then it is a lost cause. They probably now more about sex then the grown-ups :blush:

1 Like