Inside houses ALPHA

I realised that there are no bedrooms in the houses, actually there are only 3 rooms, is it because they’re not totally finished yet?

It’s an alpha. So what do you think Sherlock? :wink:

1 Like

The room with fire is bedroom… as well as kitchen and livingroom. Thats how it was.
But yeah, its also not complete yet

@Wenceslaus I’ve seen authentic houses from this era and they had bedrooms (most of them) but I guess you’re right in the smaller houses they probably were sleeping by the fire.

@Dekssan lol I know but I was more refering to the size/rooms of the houses more than the whole inside, if they’re going to implement more rooms.

1 Like

I would say no. Medieval village didn’t have exactly mansions all over the place. Just a humble houses with even one or two rooms where slept whole family.

1 Like

Where did you see this houses? Even 300 hundred years later most houses in the village didn’t have a separate bedroom. Large families used the attic as a “bedroom” for kids in the summer, but in the winter all were back in the room with fireplace. If you ever come to the Czech Republic, I recommend you visit the Wallachian open air museum:

http://www.vmp.cz/en/museum-tour/the-wallachian-village/
https://www.google.cz/search?q=rožnov+pod+radhoštěm+skanzen&client=firefox-a&hs=jiu&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9LhIVKDjK8b9ygPYtYEw&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=738

2 Likes

You’re right it’s only a village after all.
I went on the website but there are no images of the Wallachian village, but I found some on google hehe, very interesting indeed, I love the houses, everything is authentic, I wish there was an open air museum around here about middle age’s villages and their way of living!

In fact during winter they often took even important domestic animals (especially cowsa and goats) inside the main room blessed by the fire. (Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie - Montaillou) At least in Occitan countryside there was no antechamber/lobby in their houses and you entered straight into the room if I am not mistaken.

Many old houses I know (my granddad’s native house was build about the time of Thirty Years War :smiley:) had similar design - antechamber (on the side of the house or straight behind the frontal facade) and a chain of rooms behind it (or on both sides of it) - usually two rooms (kitchen / summer living/sleeping room “jizba”). The building continued with utility parts - sheds and barns.

But I suppose Warhorse have enough information about late medieval buildings in Bohemia. :smiley: Therefore their creations are I suppose as correct as it goes. The problem is - in alpha there are just two types of house (smaller with open fire and larger with open fire in the antechamber and a furnace - the tavern and the blacksmith’s house).

1 Like

sad thing is that they sleep on benches

In fact they did (especially children / servants) but they probably at least used some cushions and blankets.

Does anyone know if in the full game you will be able to pick up all of the items or are they just visual? For example the food in the storage room. Just like in Skyrim, I know these are 2 completely different games dont hate on me, just curious.

Interesting question. I suppose you would be able to interact with much more things than in tech alpha but not with as many as in Skyrim. Just a guess.

If you watch the npc you will saw they use some items in the house. Also there is pickable spoon in house but you can’t interact with all other spoons. Rest assured, if an npc can pict it you too can pict it in the final game.

Where do you come from? There is actually quite a few of them in the Czech Republic. From recreation of Celtic oppidum (which I really love) to the real houses being relocated to form a museum, like the Wallachian village.

We have one in England, and it’s a farm house, to which it has bedrooms, dated around 15th C. (1400).

Regards,
Warrior Rose.

Even at the outskirts of Prague there is similar project (but of course much smaller than the Museum of Wallachian Village in Rožnov which is wonderfull without doubt).

http://www.repora.cz/

As far as I know the difference is the Wallachian Village consists of original authentic timber houses transported to Rožnov while the Repora is built using authentic medieval construction technologies.

I’m from Canada, where I live during the 15th century the people were not as developped as in Europe, the inhabitants were Iroquiois and Algonquins (both Natives) at least not before the 16th century when North America became more popular among Europeans…

Well let me know in case you come to Central Europe for holidays, I’ll buy you a beer and give you a couple of ideas of what to visit.

2 Likes

Haha I appreciate it, will do!

Perhaps we can “share” visitors between several places in Bohemia / Moravia and Silesia? :wink: