Kingdom come maybe held back on pc for the console versions

I think people are being irrational and unfair to Warhorse. The PC elitist attitude towards console gamers is shameful and disgusting. If you really care about playing this game, you should also care about there being an Act II and an Act III, and if there is financial benefit to a simultaneous release, then you should be ENCOURAGING this; ESPECIALLY when it will result in a more optimized and fine-tuned (and, shall I also say SUPERIOR you elitist fucks :smile: ) version, and all it requires is a bit more waiting. Probably 6 months MAX.

For fuck sake.

6 Likes

It is developed without publisher, but the game still needs distributor, who will put the game to shops. The difference is that distributor dont control the development, how the game looks, how it is played etc. because he didnt pay the development. His task is to promote the game and put it to shops like Walmart, Amazon, … Otherwise warhorse would have to sign deal with every shop in the world.

And if you will check some older videos or text from KS campaing you will find there that they already said that :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

@Magnetar, BlackBull is exact right here. We will not have a Publisher for the help of development. We have our creative freedom. But we need someone for game distribution.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarification then, since the original quote, that can be read in PCGamer, states “publishers” and not “distributors”… These are different things.

Cheers :slightly_smiling:

Semantics.

“The large video game publishers also distribute
the games they publish, while some smaller publishers instead hire
distribution companies (or larger video game publishers) to distribute
the games they publish.”

1 Like

There is no point in arguing whether the PC version should be released simultaneously with console ones or not because there is no way the game will be ready for the summer release. Just take a look at the new video from beta gameplay and you will see it is no way near completion.
So I am fine with waiting a little bit longer (we are talking about few moths) for the game to be as good as possible. I mean as long as it won’t be another five years or so… :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Just use your time. I´m pretty sure alot of you people can already tell that the game is totally not finished, and that it needs more time and work put into it. I personally think that you should worry more about the pc version for starters, cuz im pretty sure that the majority of the backers are pc gamers. Then after a polished pc game, and good reviews from people it will grow by it self. If you release it for everything already at the first wave, i think the game will just die out very quickly, and in case of bugs and stuff it will take you guys more time, effort and resources than just finishing one version a 100% (my thoughts).

1 Like

PC is going to be your majority of sales, console is just icing on the cake. You should delay console release not both, other games have done the same and have still been a success on consoles (Ark, Chivalry).

1 Like

I think you’re overreacting just a bit mate. I hear where you’re coming from, and admittedly it was a little discouraging to hear this through somewhat unofficial channels rather than straight from the WarHorses mouth so to speak. But at the end of the day, Tobi was being interviewed, and answered a question as honestly as possible.

Don’t shoot a man down for being open and honest.

We’re all here to support these guys, and they’re busting their ass to ensure that KCD is both a creative and an economic success. If that means a single unified cross platform global release… then so be it.

A lot of us here have waited a lifetime for a game like this to come into fruition… what’s another few months in the scheme of things?

#Beta&Chill

5 Likes

Unless you’re planning to have TV commercials and posters in GameStop consoles will be less than 1/3 of your sales. Typical console gamers are on the weaker end of tech savvy and aren’t online reading gaming websites, so they won’t even know about KC.

Listen folks, is it really a surprise that this game is going to be pushed back? I mean, I know that saying its pushed back because of consoles is kind of sketchy, but since they say that pc will be more polished with same time as console release sounds like a good deal to me. Don’t forget why you backed one of the most amazing games ever to be created and to witness it, oh man!

PLUS BETA ON MARCH 3RD!

5 Likes

As excited as I am for this game, I agree with you. As long as the game is released in a good state, polished, and optimized, I have no problem with the developers delaying the game. I don’t want an utter disappointment of a release such as Battlefield 4 or Batman Arkham Knight.

2 Likes

This still sucks. Been waiting over a year for this game.

8 Likes

I wait for it right from 2011, so I don’t think it matter if it’s Q4 2016 or Q1 2017. I want the job perfectly done rather than quickly.

2 Likes

Takže na 100 procent není jistý, že hra vyjde v létě 2016?

We are all waiting. But we have to be honest with ourselves. Even though we backed the game, there is much more into this, than a simple mod or so… They are not developing the game just for our and their pleasure. Some decisions have to be made with a commercial background and as long as the finished product is great… PERFECT

Till then I am going to play the BETA… :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

This. I understand why it annoys people when PC versions are delayed for the sake of the consoles, but I can also very much understand the economic case for a simultaneous release. Bear in mind that Warhorse are a new company and need all the sales and publicity they can get - and also, that the sales of Part 1 will determine whether the rest of the trilogy ever gets made. I’d far rather see a delayed but successful launch than a staggered release that doesn’t make enough money to support future games.

8 Likes

While I admit that PC sales, for these kinds of games, has been steadily increasing, if you look at The Witcher 3, only a third of the sales were from PC.

PC may and well be majority of sales due to the nature of this game and how it came to be, but I think a simultaneous release with a decent marketing push would allow them to tap into a big console market, and make money that could ensure at least an Act II.

Ridiculously insulting. I’d define myself as a console gamer, and I’m online reading gaming websites all the time. How the hell do you think I found out about KCD?? This elitist mindset that console gamers are all just a bunch of low-brow, knuckle dragging morons is the epitome of condescending.

1 Like