Land,Lords,Construction?

So I’m not entirely sure, it looks like there COULD be environmental interaction in the game but I have no clarification on this. Will there be construction/engineering, farming and property ownership in game? Maybe even ranks of nobility for the player to acquire?

Would anyone want to see these?

8 Likes

You’ve read my mind! Most of all I’d love to have some farming, though I’m not sure how it’d work in first person perspective. I also want to own properties and businesses, like a more fleshed out version than the one in Fable. The idea of playing politics with nobles is awesome as well. That being said, I’m not sure by what you mean by construction/engineering. Are you talking about designing your own buildings etc?

8 Likes

Yes, like actually building a farmstead, developing land, building a hamlet, etc.

Or even customizing a residence, adding a new outbuilding on a farm, etc. Breeding animals sounds like a good form of crafting for large profit too.

1 Like

That would be so amazing/cool to be able to build your own castle. Doesn’t have to be big, but just something we could own. And it would be so awesome to defend it from invading bandits, armies, or what have you… Two thumbs up for this

5 Likes

breeding animals is breeding animals. what does it have to do with “crafting”?

and you’re a blacksmith’s son, where you do get the idea that you can build a farmstead and develop land or build a castle?

2 Likes

Well who’s to say the character can’t do something else? I mean the video and description display a thief, bard, knights, etc. And by “crafting”, I mean that animals would historically be a pricy commodity depending on their type. Certain animals could provide leather for armor, others could just be steeds/mounts to store (such as if yours gets killed in battle) or sell.

And in regards to your comment about castles? Well why not? I mean, who’s to say that character can’t garner enough support to become a lord or earn a title from his king? It’s a sandbox game 213. A sandbox…game…

The only times I’ve seen you post have been really negative, to multiple people. Constant negativity is a sign of either depression and inner loathing or immaturity. Just a heads up, don’t want you sending the wrong vibes :wink:

To everyone else, thanks for the support on the ideas. Glad to see I’m not the only one out there!

3 Likes

work I propose::
If you follow the path to Knighthood you would serve as a fighter for a lord who grants you a small plot of land. There you employ workers(if you can afford) to help you pay for your equipment,living, horses, etc and would be able to modify add building to the land. This means that events such as fires, raiders, pest, etc. can affect your progress. If you follow the path of a Bard you can be the boss of a crumbling tavern work it up and eventually own it. There you gain money to travel and earn prestige and favors that can be later used. You could add features to the building add a room, second floor, storage ect. As a thief you would be a spy for a lord and have minimal construction capability.

6 Likes

Love this idea. Would be awesome to have building ownership and the ability to upgrade/customize. I especially like the idea of defending your own castle… not sure how this would work in a story driven game such as this though.

1 Like

I would really like too see some source of customization on your status throughout the game… being able to have your own personal home

1 Like

There are several similar threads which clarified many things already!
Here are a few examples (with obvious titles!):

Just a reminder:

Crafting & Activies:

And I think that was just from the top off his head.

More in-depth info about cooking:

Abode & Sleeping:

[quote=“Kickstarter > A different kind of RPG”]
[…] the need to sleep and eat to stay healthy[/quote]

other gathered wisdom:

You’re just a blacksmith, maybe become a knight but no king. :crown:
You can’t erect buildings.
Also, no castle, no palace, no fortress for you. :european_castle:
You won’t raise armies.
You won’t become emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. :church:
You won’t rule over whole Europe. :euro:
You won’t conquer the world. :earth_americas:
You won’t build the Berlin Wall.
You won’t build the Chinese Wall either.
You won’t build extraterrestrial spaceships. :space_invader:
You won’t …

I think, you get the idea. :smiley:

But seriously, why keep people creating new topics about the same stuff all over again?
There’s a list of similar threads popping up when you’re about to create the topic.

Please, continue existing threads. Add your thoughts there. :wink:

Nothing! :cow: :pig: :gun: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I want cooking mama in my game :wink:

1 Like

Someone ought to pin this post to the top of the forum, in large capital letters.

6 Likes

I will back you up, but only if those features you suggested are implemented after Act I. From what I’ve seen in story videos until now, I don’t think it would be proper our bladesmith main character to farm the land as a pity peasant when his goal is to maybe free the king and dictate the future of the Holy Roman Empire. Doesn’t sound proper to me… after all, Deliverance is not supposed to be Fable.
But again, in Act II or Act III, where the story will be different, those are nice options.

Go play Sims. There is everything you want. And ghosts too! But still no dragons.

Or join Rust, you can build whatever fortress you want and have fun defending it. You don’t have to use firearms, just stone and hatchet to keep feeling about middle ages.

1 Like

since i love mod like Helgem Reborn e Kvatch Rebuilt I like the idea to build/rebuild =) I don’t pretend to raise a castle or a mannor but, for example, after the siege I would like to see people try to rebuilt the castle like removing fallen stone, buil wooden scaffolding and so on. I think it gives feel of living world… Also I don’t want to see istant fixing of wall and structure because it is unrealistic but I realy hope that npc act according to situation (for example in the live streaming we see that some raider have burnt the stable, I would like to see someone try to it or maybe ask help to richard)
PS: sry for bad english, I hope you understant what I mean =)

2 Likes

It would be awesome to see the player maybe at the end of act 3 or something to be a lord and he can build buildings and expands land ect ect/

1 Like

i find it humorous that people who don’t read faqs often are the ones asking for un-historical additions to the game. coincidence?

1 Like

I would personally very much love to see this, but I dunno if it would be in the game. Though it would be cool as a Knight to get your own little holdfast to decorate and defend.

maybe the fact this game takes place in 9 square km of bohemia?

facepalm

2 Likes

I gotta back you up man, too many people don’t read shit and are totally deluded.

3 Likes